Is Adam Cohen singing the unreleased songs of his father?

Adam Cohen's music, tours, other news
LisaLCFan

Re: Is Adam Cohen singing the unreleased songs of his father?

Post by LisaLCFan »

The Brucester wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:18 am ...Question....Why is Leonard Cohen's daughter, Lorca, so un-involved ???

Lorca, where are you? Anybody know? :roll: ...

Don't you think that the "rolling eyes" are a bit much, and rather disrespectful to Ms. Cohen? First of all, people have lives that are independent of their parents, no matter how famous those parents happen to be, and Ms. Cohen has no obligation to share the limelight with her famous father nor to be publicly involved in his life/legacy if she chooses otherwise.

Second, while I cannot speak for you, I have no idea how involved Lorca may be behind-the-scenes, and although you are clearly implying that she is completely un-involved with things related to Leonard, I certainly have no knowledge nor evidence to support such a conjecture.

There is also the fact, of which you may be unaware, that Lorca has actually been quite publicly involved in Leonard-Cohen related activities on at least two occasions in the past year: she was on hand to accept, on her father's behalf, both his Grammy Award for You Want it Darker, and his award to Canada's Walk of Fame.

Perhaps your negative judgement of Ms. Cohen's apparent (to you) lack of involvement with her father's life is thus rather unwarranted.
The Brucester

Post by The Brucester »

No disrespect intended. Honest. Just wondering, that's all. I do know that it was Lorca who suspected Leonard Cohen's accountant was stealing money from him. ($5 million?) I have high regard for Ms Lorca Cohen, but I was just curious as to why Adam appears to be in the spotlight (ie: "Tower of Song" Place Des Arts) and not his sister.

I don't believe I was committing any sin asking about Lorca's whereabouts.

Anyhow, I respect your opinion and I am sorry you took offence.

I don't know who you are, and we've never met, but hey....

=> that's no way to say "Hello" !!!

- Bruised-ter :(

ps: You are right about Lorca accepting a Grammy on behalf of Leonard Cohen and that walk on Canada's Hall of Fame. I somehow thought she'd be involved in Adam's "Tower of Song" celebration too. No hard feelings, okay?
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

I wasn't offended in the least, I was merely coming to Lorca's defence, because I interpreted your remarks, your punctuation and your choice of emoji, as being somewhat negative and condescending towards Ms. Cohen. Your comments did not strike me as an innocent and merely curious enquiry as to her whereabouts, but rather, as a demand to know where she was and why she hasn't been more involved, which I thought was a tad inappropriate, as noted.

If that was not your intention, then I apologise for the misunderstanding. If you are offended by what I wrote (which you apparently are, "bruised" and all), that certainly was not my intention, and so I apologise for that, too.
The Brucester

Post by The Brucester »

LisaLCFan....
=> all is good.

Actually, the fact you thought I insulted Ms Lorca Cohen, and you wanted to come to her rescue, speaks volumes.
No need to apologize at all, and I truly am sorry for any misunderstanding.

Perhaps there is a "Treaty" we could sign. ;-)

- Brucester (Montreal, QC, Canada)
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Thanks! Have a great weekend!

Return to “Adam Cohen”