Old Ideas at #3 in Global Album Chart with 190 000 sales

Leonard Cohen's previous album (January 2012)
Goldin

Re: Old Ideas at #3 in Global Album Chart with 190 000 sales

Post by Goldin »

10 weeks = 692.000 copies sold worldwide.
Goldin

Post by Goldin »

Global Album Chart
http://www.mediatraffic.de/albums-week17-2012.htm
week 17 / 2012 - April 28
compiled and provided by Media Traffic

1. (week 64) Adele - 21
XL Recordings - 201.000 - 39 weeks at No.1

(...)

39. (week 11) Leonard Cohen - Old Ideas
Columbia - 21.000

Total number of copies sold: 713.000.
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Are we counting to the million?

I really really hope LC would NOW release the clip and SECOND single... Now it's time for the 2nd single to boost the sales. (If we can compare it again with Lana Del Rey, she launched the album on same day as Leonard with first video Born to Die, and now she has 2nd video, Blue Jeans, and the album is again up in the charts... and she has no selling-out tour!)
Goldin

Post by Goldin »

38th last week, 39th now. We're counting down to 40th position. Then we'll have no (even these non-official) counts.
Marlene J.

Post by Marlene J. »

@tomsakic: Has it been planned/confirmed that there will be a second single for the album, just not when? (I'm not good at being up-to-date with anything, haha.)
2012: Fredriksten Fortress, Halden, Norway
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

No, we don't have any confirmations about that matters... Leonard did not have official second single since 1993 and The Future album, when he had three singles and three (!) videos (Closing Time, Democracy, The Future). Cohen Live in 1994 had one video, Dance Me to the End of Love Live, and single as well ("Never Any Good"). In 2001 Ten New Songs in 2001/2002 had only In My Secret Life (single and video), and unofficially Boogie Street (at least in Canada), in 2004/2005 Dear Heather had only "Because Of" (video), and in some countries "The Letters" was unofficially chosen as radio single with no pressed CDs or only with burned CDRs (Israel, Croatia...). You can check the galleries of those rare releases at http://www.leonardcohenfiles.com/rarities.html

Old Ideas so far didn't even have the video, but we do know that Dominique Issermann (who directed Dance Me to the End of Love and Manhattan video clips) was filming Leonard and some clips in December or January but we don't know nothing more, so we all hope there will be a proper video. But we got "lyric video" for Show Me the Place of course, which I think was not broadcasted on any TV stations anywhere, but only at YouTube: http://youtu.be/WCtoVoE5Mm4

Darkness was released only as "digital" radio single. That means that radio stations got it from local Sony offices via download link for Sony servers. So we don't even have a proper single with artwork etc. In some countries Darkness was burned on acetate CDR promo for radio stations, like in Holland and Belgium.

And apparently, in some countries Different Sides was burned as CDR single for radio stations.
Attachments
different sides 2012.JPG
Darkness.jpg

Return to “OLD IDEAS”