The Muse of Laboratory lithograph as giveaway with CD!

Leonard Cohen's previous album (January 2012)
KaimiK

Re: The Muse of Laboratory lithograph as giveaway with CD!

Post by KaimiK » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:23 am

Diana - I'll have plenty with probably a couple to spare. Everyone on the list above will definitely get one. Thanks though!
You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. You folded your distance back into my heart.
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:52 pm

This could be GOOD NEWS.

I ordered the album and lithograph from Strictly Discs thanks to Kelsey's information in this thread. :D
I received email confirmation that it had been shipped - and noticed at the bottom of the email that it said:
"Member - Coalition of Independent Music Stores" (CIMS)

So - I found that site on the internet- and noticed mention of Record Store Day for members - and info for stores to promote on Facebook, etc.
http://www.cimsmusic.com/charts/index.html

I looked at the list of stores in the USA - not a lot really - and checked some of their websites.
I have not checked the whole list - some of them there was no mention of the promotion - but I found a few that mentioned having a limited number of the lithograph as a promotion with Old Ideas when you buy the album:

The Electric Fetus - 3 stores in Minnesota
http://electricfetus.com/Home

Magnolia Thunderpussy - Columbus, Ohio
http://www.thunderpussy.com/Home

Skip's Records & CD World - Eugene, Oregon (available only with in-store purchase)
http://www.gotocdworld.com/

Oz Music - Alabama
http://ozmusiconline.com/2012/01/31/lot ... this-week/

I have not called the stores to see if any still have the lithograph available - but it is certainly worth a try for anyone wanting the lithograph.

And - here is a link that lists all of the stores that are members of the Coalition of Independent Music Stores in the USA -
http://www.cimsmusic.com/stores/index.html

Good luck!
Sochijava

Post by Sochijava » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:04 pm

Thank you Kelsey! Everyone is so kind and generous. Feels like my birthday. Now all I need are some concert tickets. :)
Toronto June 6 2008; Ottawa May 25 & 26 2009; Las Vegas 11 December 2010; Montreal 2012; Ottawa 2012; Kingston 2012.
Mirek

Post by Mirek » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:52 pm

Haven't been on the Forum for a couple of days and just seen this thread. Don't know whether it would be possible to smile to you, Kelsey. Well, you know... I am a chemist, so you could imagine that for me this litho means much. Alas - I am very far away - in Poland. Do you think it's possible to put me on the waiting list? Of course I intend to cover all the costs.
KaimiK

Post by KaimiK » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:02 pm

Hi Mirek,

I think there should be one extra, but I'll know for certain when they arrive at my house next week. I'll let you know!

Kelsey
You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. You folded your distance back into my heart.
Mirek

Post by Mirek » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:05 pm

Thanks Kelsey - I'll keep my fingers crossed! Waiting patiently.
tinderella

Post by tinderella » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:09 am

Oh I am so so so jealous... would love one on my wall... if any going spare... please pm me... thanks in advance
KaimiK

Post by KaimiK » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:59 am

Hi Tinderella,

I'm sorry, but I'm not even sure if I'll have one for Mirek. The record stores that Linda listed a few posts earlier may still have them, but I have not checked. To be honest, I'm going to have my hands full with getting the 10 lithos I've already ordered packaged up and mailed. Is there anyone else here in the U.S. that would be willing to see if these other stores still have lithos and sort out getting them shipped if they do???

Kelsey
ladydi

Post by ladydi » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:50 am

Tinderella and Mirek,

It's too late now but I'll check tomorrow with a few of the stores that Linda was able to miraculously unearth (interesting names). Some appear to still be offering the litho. More in the morning...US time.

Diana
KaimiK

Post by KaimiK » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:59 am

Diana - Thank you so much!!! :D
mutti

Post by mutti » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:41 am

Yes Diana thank you! as I can't get anymore around here.
Good luck everyone.
Leslie 8)
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
brightnow

Post by brightnow » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:57 am

ladydi wrote:Tinderella and Mirek,

It's too late now but I'll check tomorrow with a few of the stores that Linda was able to miraculously unearth (interesting names). Some appear to still be offering the litho. More in the morning...US time.

Diana
Diana, if you find anything in the DC area (including Maryland Suburbs) please let me know and I will try to pick up and forward to our forum friends, save one leg of shipping costs.
Columbia May 11, 2009; Boston May 29, 2009; Durham November 3, 2009; Las Vegas December 10 & 11, 2010; Austin November 1, 2012; Boston December 15, 2012; Brooklyn December 20, 2012
ladydi

Post by ladydi » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:03 pm

Thanks Avi, but haven't got to your area yet. However, I've been able to get 2 lithographs from a store in Duluth! They are being shipped to me today. Kelsey, I'll either email you or call later so we can sort out names. I'm now off to check out the Magnolia Thunderpussy record store....love that name :lol: :lol:

ps: no luck at Magnolia, and another store in Tuscaloosa, AL sold their last 3 cds/lithos in the past 15 minutes, but think we might be okay. After Kelsey and I talk, perhaps she will have one for Mirek, and I can send one to Tinderella! More to follow....
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:44 pm

I LOVE the way our friends in the US have mobilised to help out those of us in other parts of the world who did not have access to this offer. Thank you (again) Kelsey, holydove, mutti, Diana and everyone else involved. I hope one day those of us in Europe will have the chance to repay the favour.

Wendy
Cilbo

Post by Cilbo » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:22 pm

Hi everyone
I know I'm probably way WAY too late - but I saw this lithograph on another thread and loved it....if anyone has a spare one I would love to buy it - and I'll buy you a drink at Leonard's next Euro tour....!
Cilla.
London 2008, Brighton 2008, Liverpool 2009, Ghent 2010, Stuttgart 2010.
Ghent x 2 - 2012, London 2013, Brighton 2013....

Return to “OLD IDEAS”