ah ha I have found the starbucks!

The Madison Event - before and after
Cate

ah ha I have found the starbucks!

Post by Cate »

Even better,
non-starbucks cafés that are only a short walk from the Lowel centre. Yes it’s a bit strange, looking for coffee shops 8 months in advance, I think I have caffeine issues.
I also noticed that we are going to be beside the water and that there’s a very nice looking bike/walking path there – I’m happy.
Screen shot 2011-12-12 at 5.03.54 PM.png
http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=google+map ... CC8Q8gEwAA
Judy

Re: ah ha I have found the starbucks!

Post by Judy »

Hi Cate ... that sounds lovely ... see you there ... :D
Henning

Post by Henning »

Roll on August, roll on Event 2012 :-)
IT'S DARKER NOW
1979: Frankfurt | 1980: Frankfurt | 1985: Wiesbaden - Munich | 1988: Munich - Nuremberg | 1993: Frankfurt
2008: Dublin - Manchester - Amsterdam - Loerrach - Berlin - Frankfurt - Oberhausen - London
2009: Cologne - Barcelona | 2010: Wiesbaden - Dortmund
2012: Ghent - Moenchengladbach - Verona - Lisbon | 2013: Oberhausen - Mannheim - Pula
Joe Way

Post by Joe Way »

Hi Cate (and Judy and Henning),
We also have pretty good coffee at the Lowell Center which is included with the complimentary breakfast. I'm sipping a cup right now.

You are right about the great bike/walking path that goes all the way out to Picnic Point. Also, located across the street is the house that Eudora Welty lived in when she went to school here. Also not far from here is the house where Bob Dylan stayed in for while on his way out to New York. He wrote a song called "Highway 51" (not "Highway 61 Re-visited") about the Highway he took to get to Madison. I take that Highway home every night as it is located only a couple of blocks from our house. I'm looking forward to seeing you all in August.

Joe
"Say a prayer for the cowboy..."
imaginary friend

Post by imaginary friend »

Thanks Joe,

I'm looking forward to meeting you and Anne as well... and Judy... and the Famous Herr Henning, and of course to seeing Cate again;
I met that lovely lady in Montreal in '08, at a get-together hosted by Jack Lazariuk, before the LC concert.

XO

Sheila
Cate

Post by Cate »

I’m looking forward to seeing you again Shelia! can you believe that was over 3 years ago? I’m also looking forward to meeting Judy at last (and having breakfast with her :D ) as well as meeting and reconnecting with others.

A free breakfast!!! Seriously that's very nice perk Joe.

Henning, you removed my assignment
but I did find a teabucks (only she calls it Dobra Tea house). I've called ahead and reserved two icecubes and a peppermint tea for you next August http://www.dobratea.com/

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event in Madison 2012”