For those first time folks considering registering...

The Madison Event - before and after
Joe Way

Re: For those first time folks considering registering...

Post by Joe Way »

Dear friends,
To address the issue that Wendy & Leslie have brought up, there are certainly many reasons why people have not been able to commit and there are no recriminations for those that haven't been able to do so. Anne & I were unable to participate in Edmonton and these are certainly trying times economically for all of us. I truly hope that we are able to get enough participants because I believe that people would really enjoy themselves and the atmosphere that will surround the event. I thank all of those who have been able to register and all those who haven't still have our very best wishes.

Joe & Anne
"Say a prayer for the cowboy..."
trish

Post by trish »

Hi all. I for one am looking forward to Madison. After having been to two events, I enjoyed myself enormously and I really regret the ones I didn't attend.... I remember going to the New York event thinking I was never going to get to see Leonard Cohen and this would be the nearest I'd ever get to him. I remember the sneak preview of Dear Heather and the excellent concerts, not to mention the great live mic performances of the legendary Don Cummer and others :) Cate, it will be well worth the trip, even just for Don's version of 'Memories' 8)

Madison is a lovely friendly city and having already had a tour of the event facilities by Joe and Anne, I can say they are top notch! I am so looking forward to going. Any first-timers will be made to feel very welcome. Many people have come to the events on their own and make lots of good and lasting friendships with like-minded people. It's nice to feel 'normal' among this group when your family and friends all think you're obsessed ;-)

There was the same uncertainty surrounding the Krakow event in relation to the possibility of the last tour but anyone who attended it was so glad they had not missed the event. I am looking forward to a great event and spending time with the great people that make up this forum. Chicago is a great added bonus as well, so thanks for throwing that in Joe and Anne :)
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Where's the "Like" button for Joe's and trish's postings??
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

If there is one place in the world i want to be next August, it is In Madison with the nicest, most genuine people I have ever come across.
Unfortunately at the moment , the only thing stopping me is the cost of getting there. If I was a member of the Forum from the States I would have registered the first day.
If you have never met Joe or Anne before, you will come away from that Event , never forgetting them. I can honestly say with hand on heart, I have NEVER and i mean never met a warmer couple. They are wonderful.
Come on you Yanks, put your dollars where your heart is. If you are hanging around the Forum, you love Leonard Cohen. Do yourself the biggest favour and register today. I promise you , you will not regret it and will have the time of your life.
I wish I had found this Forum years ago also and went to the other European events. I am still hopeful that my funds will enable me to get there next year but at the moment, I cannot say for certain .

It will be the saddest news all year if this event does not get off the ground.

Best wishes Joe and Anne, and i sincerely hope i DO get there.
Love Bernadine xxxx
Joe Way

Post by Joe Way »

Dear Tinders,
After reading your post and considering it's sentiment, I thought that I am probably a lot like Mother Theresa, but, alas, it is only a physical resemblance!

It should be pointed out that we (Anne, you & I) have met only recently in terms of LC Events and is arguably another reason to point out how friends are made now in this sphere. We do hope things work out for all and that you can join us in Madison.

Much love always,

Joe & Anne
DBCohen

Post by DBCohen »

I would like to second Joe on all his points. I too felt initially reluctant about going to an Event, or to other Cohenite gatherings, but I always found them rewarding. In particular, meeting face to face with people I knew from the Forum was a great experience. Although there always some aspects to such gatherings that are less enchanting, I never regretted going. And with Joe and Anne as hosts, how can you not go? It will be a great shame to let them down after all the hard work, and to break such a fine tradition which we all should feel committed to uphold.
imaginary friend

Post by imaginary friend »

Hi All,

YAY! I've just registered for Madison. Looking forward to seeing all the Forum friends I already know, and those I've yet to meet 8)

XO

Sheila
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

YAY is right, Sheila!!!
~ Oscar Wilde
Cate

Post by Cate »

let me second Lizzy's Yay!

Yay!!!
Joe Way

Post by Joe Way »

Dear Sheila & Cate,

Welcome, we are so happy that you are attending! We look forward to meeting you both.

Joe & Anne
3mariza1

Post by 3mariza1 »

I watched only just produce meeting place and I saw that my husband's relatives. residing quite close to place, in Milwaukee, part of them visited here with us in 2006 for the first time, and part again in 2008 They called me to the village on their homes, but now it is not possible to me.
I wish you all a very successful, pleasant, enjoyable time together there.

I sorry my English, but here is the saying: "tries, good 10"
Cate

Post by Cate »

Maria your English is good enough to get your meaning across ... much better then my non-existent Finnish. :)
Yes Milwaukee looks like it's only a few hours away - it's to bad that you can't make it to the event and re-connect with your extended family at the same time.
3mariza1

Post by 3mariza1 »

Thank you Cate and I like your fingers crossed that your journey and the event will be successful and you have a nice time together there in Madison. :)
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi Mariza ~ I'm sorry to hear that you won't be able to come and be with us. The visits with your relatives would have been so lovely, too. ~ Lizzy xox
~ Oscar Wilde

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event in Madison 2012”