Summary of Las Vegas Meetups

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Meetups before and after the concerts
grannypoe

Summary of Las Vegas Meetups

Post by grannypoe »

Hi LC Aficionados--
Since there are only four more days until we're all together in Vegas, Jarkko asked me to garner the info from several threads into one for a quick reference for everyone. Here goes--

Thursday dinner: Bellagio buffet starting a 6:00 to 8:30 or 9:00 (Maarten said he would be there with name tags)
Thursday drinks: Caesar's Seahorse lounge 10:00 to 4 in the morning ;-)

Friday dinner: Caesar's buffet 5:00 with Bridger 15 aka Arlene (meet Maarten for nametags here)
OR Bellagio buffet 5:00 (especially for those who didn't make it Thursday)
OR Cheesecake Factory 5:30 (in Forum Shops at Caesar's)
OR Max Brenner's 5:30 (in Forum Shops at Caesar's)
OR Spagos 5:30(in Forum Shops at Caesar's)

Friday drinks after Leonard's concert: Seahorse Lounge--there will be over a hundred so overflow could meet up with others and head to the Barge or Lobby bars

Saturday dinner: a repeat of Friday venues and times
Saturday drinks : a repeat of Friday venues
Saturday/Sunday after drinks--Augustus Cafe at Caesar's 1:00am--

Note: because of the numbers it is probably impossible to meet everyone we would like to meet in one place; once you have met up with other forum members, you may decide to meet at a restaurant other than those listed above. If you want to, you can put that information up here for others to see.
WEAR YOUR LEONARD COHEN NAME TAG AT ALL TIMES :D :D
jeanne

Re: Summary of Las Vegas Meetups

Post by jeanne »

Hi Pat

Thanks for making this so much easier You deserve a medal !

See you soon.................jeanne

Also, thank you Jarkko !
"there is a crack in everything.that's how the light gets in " Florence 2010 - las vegas 2010....hope for Hydra......Hydra no longer a hope......now a reality..
"when the gods want to punish you, they answer your prayers"
zodkavombie

Post by zodkavombie »

Thanks to everyone involved in the organizing all the meet ups, tags, etc. Getting extremely excited about the whole experience.
You are such stars for having done all that, thanks again and look forward to meeting lots and lots of you
Victorine
O2, 17th July and 13th November 2008, Weybridge 11th July 2009, Barecelona 21 September 2009, Lille 25 September 2010, Las Vegas 10th and 11th December 2010, Wembley 9th September 2012, Paris 29th September 2012, O2 London 21st June, 15th September 2013.
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Don't mean to put a downer on these plans, but (Cleopatra's) Barge bar can be verrrry loud and crowded, especially on a Friday or Saturday night (in my experience) don't know about the Lobby - I prefer the Seahorse Lounge - just my thoughts.

Kindest regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
mamcglynn09

Post by mamcglynn09 »

Thank you so much for all the hard work in gathering and posting info for visitors.
Excitement is building and so looking forward to escaping the snow and misery for a few days.
Oh yeah, and then there are the concerts as well !!! :D
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

MaryB wrote:Don't mean to put a downer on these plans, but (Cleopatra's) Barge bar can be verrrry loud and crowded, especially on a Friday or Saturday night (in my experience) don't know about the Lobby - I prefer the Seahorse Lounge - just my thoughts.

Kindest regards,
Mary
I would agree Mary. Let's face it, Caesar's is not a quiet place. The Seahourse Lounge is not ideal but it's probably the best option in my view.

W
Merganser

Post by Merganser »

Oh god thanks - I am very busy right now trying to get all my ducks in a row so I can go to Vegas unencumbered, and I was dreading the time expenditure of combing through those threads!
Angel of Compassion

Post by Angel of Compassion »

Getting excited about Las Vegas. I came to Vegas early and took a few pictures of LC marketing at Caesar's. Also enjoyed meeting other fans like me that showed up to look at the venue's closed doors! (Perhaps I've gone a bit loopy over LC and his band. My family is concerned. They think I should get back to the office. )
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Angel of Compassion,
You are doing what you're supposed to be doing 8) :lol: The office can wait.
See you soon,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
djsandler

Post by djsandler »

I would like to thank everyone I met on Friday for their gracious warmth and conversation, I truly felt a spirit of love in all forms from so many individuals i've met, and sincerely hope to meet again at some future LC event....The event was awsome in its enirity, the love continued throughout the concert and afterwards.....LC was in great form as well as everyone else onstage.....I feel blessed in so many ways...i hope to hear from some i met for lunch (early dinner?) at the food court at Cesars...i would love to keep in contact....thanks to all for keeping the spirit alive.......dj sandler, los angeles

Return to “The World Tour 2010 Meetups”