Las Vegas Meetups for Dec 10/11

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Meetups before and after the concerts
MaryB

Re: Las Vegas Meetups for Dec 10/11

Post by MaryB »

Arlene,
I think Caesar's buffet for the nights of the concerts is a good idea. This way, we will already be at the venue site and this way it will be so much easier to 'mosey' on over to the concert after eating and meeting.

Patricia,
I am glad to see that a specific time was set for the buffets. May I suggest a specific location be set for the after concert drinks? For the sake of location, I prefer the Seahorse Lounge in Caesar's as it is right around the corner from the venue and last year it was relatively quiet, thus allowing for conversation. I can't say this will happen this year because these concerts are on weekend nights, but it is still quite a decent spot in size and location.

In Sligo, because the meetup times were open, many of us never got a chance to connect. Members were coming and going all the time. Hopefully, most of us will be coming to the buffets in that 5-5:30 time frame. That should allow more than enough time to eat and mingle and then still make the shows. Thank you Patricia for all you are doing?

Warmest regards,
Mary

(P.S. Patricia, could you please put my husband George and myself (but, George will not be attending the concerts. He will be trying to win money on the table to pay for the concerts :roll: :lol: ) down for all the functions? Thank you!)
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
grannypoe

Post by grannypoe »

Hi all--
I made a few more adjustments on the list on page 1; Mary, I added you and George for all :D

Because we have so many forum members in attendance, feel free to make arrangements for specific places and times on this thread or start another thread ala Bridger/Arlene. I highly recommend that you try the Bellagio buffet at least one of the nights (Thursday night's meet up is there) as it is considered the premier buffet in Vegas. Caesar's buffet is wonderful as well and is so convenient to the showroom. If you get to walk the Strip on Friday and/or Saturday afternoon, check out City Center and the new restaurants there. Again, call me (pm me for my number) if you want to find out where groups of people are at any given time and I'll try to find out for you. This is going to be one of the most awe-inspiring as well as traumatic experiences for me--seeing Leonard again :D and knowing that this will be the last time :( Knowing I am sharing this experience with so many other LC aficionados makes it so much more special.
Pat aka grannypoe
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

grannypoe wrote:-
call me (pm me for my number) if you want to find out where groups of people are at any given time and I'll try to find out for you.
MaryB:
May I suggest a specific location be set for the after concert drinks? For the sake of location, I prefer the Seahorse Lounge in Caesar's as it is right around the corner from the venue and last year it was relatively quiet, thus allowing for conversation. I can't say this will happen this year because these concerts are on weekend nights, but it is still quite a decent spot in size and location.
I like Mary's suggestion for setting the Seahorse Lounge in Caesar's for the after concert drinks? Would they be able to take care of so many of us flooding in at the same time? Should the bar be informed about this in advance?

---Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Yes, the bar ought to be informed in advance and have plenty of pitchers of Red Needles on the ready for pouring into individual glasses ;-) ~ similar to what occurred at the Knitting Factory in NYC at the N.Y. Event... :D
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
mutti

Post by mutti »

Hi everyone
Re the bar meetups:
I would like to suggest if anyone knows of another bar than the Seahorse at Casear's please let us know. Last year there were less than 50 of us there each night and it was hard to visit with each other in my opinion due to the large pillars that divide it all up....just a suggestion in case anyone knows of something else..maybe its too late...I just found it disjointed there and mentioned this when this thread first started.
I think there is one called the Lobby bar but not sure where it was or what it looked like.
If its too late for anyone to look then Seahorse it is!
see you all soon...
Mutti/Leslie 8)
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
John in LA

Post by John in LA »

If anyone is driving from the Los Angeles area to LV on Saturday, 12/11 and you see a guy riding a red BMW motorcycle, wave when I go by...

Planning on leaving L.A. no later than 1100 Saturday morning, staying over at the Imperial Palace, cheaper room= more tshirts...;^)

John E
"and did you get what you wanted from this life, even so?
I did.
and what did you want?
to call myself beloved, to feel myself beloved on the earth."

Late fragment
Raymond Carver

"can't start it like a car, can't stop it with a gun..."

Warren Zevon, referring to love...
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

That's how I feel about the Imperial, too, John. Ride safe.

I've always loved that Zevon quote about love. SO dynamically stated. And a beautiful one by Raymond Carver.

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
dick

Post by dick »

All About Me

The purpose of this post is so that hellos in Vegas will be "How are you doing?" rather than "What happened to you?"

What happened -

Monday, November 22, I got up half asleep to go to bed. I lost my balance on my way upstairs, and fell to the floor. Unfortunately, I crashed onto a glass coffee table; not only breaking the table, but also cutting thumb tendons and sustaining a minor skull fracture.

Tendons were repaired quickly, but I was held 48 hours in the hospital for precaution. I was released on Thursday in time to enjoy family Thanksgiving dinner. I'm fine now and stitches have been removed. All will notice, however, that I'll be holding my right arm aloft due to plastic cast.

I am very much aware of my good fortune in avoiding more serious injury.

How I am doing? –

I can honestly respond..."I can't complain!"

Still, all female hugs and soothing will be welcome! :-)

Maybe Carol and I can discuss alternative approval noises since I too can't clap.

Look forward to seeing everyone
Dick
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Goll darn ~ the Cast Brigade approaches... walk softly, but forget the big stick. Be ready to lend a hand.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune, too, Dick... snowstorms and injuries. Such challenges just to get in one piece to these final concerts!!

Thanks for the update... "WooooooHOOOOO!!!" has always worked for me; though always accompanied by my clapping, it still oughta serve you and Carole well. "BRAVO!!!" can help, too, if you can project your voices over the ROAR of the clapping and the "WooooooHOOOOO!!!"s :) .

Looking forward to seeing you both [and you all] in Las Vegas.
So soon, so soon...

Hugs,
Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Dick,

So sorry this happened to you! Appreciate the heads up. You will hear 'How are you doing' from me and really wanting to know how you're doing. Hope this 'Cast Brigade' does not get any larger :roll: :( . Be careful everyone.

See you and Linda soon.

Warmest regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
dick

Post by dick »

Thanks Lizzie and Mary.
margaret

Post by margaret »

Dick,
sorry to hear of your fall from grace.
I take it that you will not be replacing the broken table with another glass one then? ;-)

Take care of yourself the next few days,
See you soon,
Margaret
dick

Post by dick »

Thinking nothing in that spot, or maybe a bean bag? :-)

Thanks Margaret, look foward to seeing you.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

OKAY... with our having TWO of our tribe in casts... I feel you two ought to carpe diem and have us all squeeze in our signatures and the country from which we come... when you feel like exerting bragging rights, you can proudly display the variety to any who's interested in looking... and then you can get one of those tasteful, cloth, cast covers to conceal all the signatures when you want to be more conservative... as well as to keep the signatures from smudging. The kids in your neighbourhood will be SO JEALOUS ;-) [!] ~ they usually get only the kids from school and neighbours to sign theirs :D .

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
abby

Post by abby »

Count me as one of the disabled, too. I spent the summer in bed with a bout of pain and I've still got a little limp. I made plans to go to the last concert wondering if I'd be in a wheelchair or hobbling along with a cane, but this body's managed to repair itself. Hallelujah.

Return to “The World Tour 2010 Meetups”