Las Vegas help -Q and A's/Meet ups etc

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Meetups before and after the concerts
tigerm

Re: Las Vegas help -Q and A's/Meet ups etc

Post by tigerm »

Mabeanie1 wrote:
margaret wrote:Check out http://www.grandcanyontours.com/
There is currently a 2 FOR 1 OFFER ON THE SOUTH RIM BUS TOUR.
Judy and I are booked on this long day trip on Thursday.

Margaret
Has anyone been on one of their tours or had direct contact with them? I was hoping to book an air/ground tour for December 9 but I am still waiting for a reply to two e-mails with straightforward questions (re the difference between the "regular" tour and the "deluxe" tour, both of which have the same $259.99 price tag + approx drop off and pick up times) and the number they give on the website for queries from the UK is out of service. I am a bit nervous about spending a lot of money online with an organisation which appears to be so hard to get hold of.

Thanks

Wendy

I have no direct experience of this company, but they are one of the bigger operators in Las Vegas and they are still in business. They usually do better with phone bookings from the US.
If in doubt, just use your credit card and the purchase should be covered under UK law. Like I say they are one of the bigger operators. You can always make these bookings at your hotel-your concierge desk will always be glad to assist.
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Just wanted to let you know that I have now received replies from the Grand Canyon Tour Company to two separate e-mail addresses so all is well and I'm happy to book. I don't want to besmirch their good reputation unnecessarily.

Wendy
tigerm

Post by tigerm »

Mabeanie1 wrote:Just wanted to let you know that I have now received replies from the Grand Canyon Tour Company to two separate e-mail addresses so all is well and I'm happy to book. I don't want to besmirch their good reputation unnecessarily.

Wendy

Always better to ask. If I am in doubt about a company I always look for more info.
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Mabeanie1 wrote:Just wanted to let you know that I have now received replies from the Grand Canyon Tour Company to two separate e-mail addresses so all is well and I'm happy to book. I don't want to besmirch their good reputation unnecessarily.

Wendy
A postscript:

I heard from them ... I booked ... and received a confirmation for completely the wrong tour at the wrong time. The only thing that was OK was th date. That's sorted out now but they also charged my credit card even though the confirmation says that I would be charged on the day of travel. I have queried this as I don't want to be charged twice.

I have to say my level of confidence in GTCO is not high at this point in time ...

Wendy
joyezekiel

Post by joyezekiel »

Thanks for that Wendy. I also booked a tour with GCTC and you made me nervous, so I checked my confirmation notice and noticed that the time was different, albeit by only 30 mins. The name of the tour was also different. I emailed them and got an instant reply - the time I wanted was fully booked and so they'd booked me on the next one (no big deal, but perhaps they should check with the customer first). The tour was correct though, just different wording - maybe they need to update their website. But my credit card hasn't been charged.

Joy
1976 Leicester 2008 London O2/Cardiff 2009 NYC/Austin/Weybridge/Nashville 2010 Ghent x 2/Las Vegas x 2 2012 Ghent x 2/Austin/Montreal/Quebec City/Boston x 2 2013 Memphis/New Orleans/Winnipeg/Birmingham/London O2/Amsterdam/Auckland
friscogrl

Post by friscogrl »

I mentioned earlier about a day tour to the Hoover Dam. Mary (Mollydog) and I are going on Sunday the 12th.
If anyone else is interested in making this approximately 5 hour total trip here is the link to the Hoover Dam Tour
Company http://hooverdamtourcompany.com. I researched tours to the dam and this company got the best
reviews.

Marsha
2008 Toronto June 6/ 2009 New York Feb 19 Oakland April 13 14 Coachella April 17 Ottawa May 25 26 Barcelona Sept 21 Las Vegas 11/12 San Jose 11/13
2010 Malmo Aug 4 Gothenburg Aug 12 Las Vegas Dec 10 & 11
2012 Verona 9/24 San Jose 11/7. Montreal 11/28 11/29/ 2013 Oakland 3/2 NYC 4/6
Hamilton 4/9
tigerm

Post by tigerm »

The Powerplant tour is only $11, the more extensive tour is $30-and is first come first served. Unless you do the longer tour, the Powerplant tour and museum will only take up an hour or so. The Powerplant tour is interesting, but involves a bit of walking in damp conditions.

The tour of the Ethel M chocolate factory is a tourist trap moment. It is free and just a means to get you to buy Ethel M chocolates. The chocolate factory tour is basically a 40 second, walk yourself past some windows looking in the factory-where often there is nothing happening, then you magically appear in a shop stocked full of chocolate.

Basically, they are fun, but you are spending a lot of the trip on the bus. At $60 I say it is expensive, but cheaper than hiring a car.
gallina

Post by gallina »

Hi folks,

just 5 days left to arrive in Las Vegas. My first flight over the ocean!!! Hopefully will be ok :shock:

By the way: is there anybody doing the same journey as I am (or maybe just a part)??? I would be glad to travel with someone from the family :D

09 Dec Thursday - lv MUNICH 12.30 - arr CHICAGO-OHARE 15.17
lv CHICAGO 18.10 - arr LAS VEGAS 20.17
2009 Budapest
2010 Zagreb, Gothenburg, Florence, St. Margarethen, Bratislava, Las Vegas x2

2011, 2015 Ύδρα
2012 Ghent x5, Helsinki, Dublin x2, Verona
2013 Roma, Lucca, Vienna, London
2015 Viladrau
tigerm

Post by tigerm »

Ran the marathon on Sunday (finished in 3hrs 36mins). I am hoping to be get rid of the cold I caught and all th other aches and pains by Friday night. I promise not to cough and sneeze thru the concert!
MarieM

Post by MarieM »

I promise not to cough and sneeze thru the concert!

Well, we promise to cheer, clap, sing and celebrate loud enough so no one will notice.

Hopefully everyone will feel free and unrestrained to express their joy and gratitude at these concerts. It's Vegas and some craziness goes with the locale. A number of folks have quizzed those close to the tour and have learned:

A. Leonard likes enthusiam.
B. Leonard likes flowers.
C. Leonard likes us to sing.
D. Leonard likes when we shout out the refrain "I'm Your Man" during I'm Your Man.
E. Leonard likes when we sing the chorus for So Long, Marianne.
F. Leonard likes when we sing the chorus for Hallelujah.

So, these would seem to be our marching orders. Obviously, we do need to be cognizant of other attendees and express our joy in a way that does not disturb others. However, a little enthusiasm can be quite contagious and really bring out the best in everyone.

There are a couple of organized ideas for celebrating at the concerts. The word will spread about these at the Vegas meet up. So, let's party and show Leonard some love.
Marie
Speaking Cohen
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Thanks SO much Marie for adding to our excitement!!

I can personally vouch for several of the items on Marie's list, and I say, LET'S GO FOR IT!!!! And we'll do it with a sense of style and fun! We've all seen when the audience is enthusiastic, Leonard beams from ear to ear, and somehow everyone on stage becomes almost one with the fans!

We don't know when he'll pass this way again, so let's show him a "so long for now" to remember!!

Personally I will share an idea at our meetup on the 9th. It's already in the works..will check to see if others want onboard.

See you all REALLY REALLY soon!!!!

Diana :D
jeanne

Post by jeanne »

Hi Diana

I want in on whatever it is !

Have been thinking along the same lines !

Not so crazy after all !

Till we meet....................jeanne

( did I read somewhere that Saturday will be his 247th concert of this tour )
"there is a crack in everything.that's how the light gets in " Florence 2010 - las vegas 2010....hope for Hydra......Hydra no longer a hope......now a reality..
"when the gods want to punish you, they answer your prayers"
mutti

Post by mutti »

Thanks for your post Marie!

Can hardly wait for these concerts....and to see everyone in Las Vegas!!!
cheers
Leslie ;-)
(leaving the house to drive to Portland in 2 hours)...
safe travels everyone...
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

Great ideas, Marie. Count me in for everything!

I noticed the difference at the Oakland1 and Oakland2 concerts - the merrier the crowd, the more fun LC was having.

---Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
tigerm

Post by tigerm »

bridger15 wrote:
I noticed the difference at the Oakland1 and Oakland2 concerts - the merrier the crowd, the more fun LC was having.

---Arlene

If you aren't going to be merry and loud in Las Vegas, then you aren't going to be merry or loud anywhere. As a local, you have permission to be merry and sing loudly at the show-especially on Saturday because you won't get the chance to sing with Leonard for a long time.

Return to “The World Tour 2010 Meetups”