Las Vegas help -Q and A's/Meet ups etc

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Meetups before and after the concerts
tigerm

Re: Las Vegas help -Q and A's/Meet ups etc

Post by tigerm »

tigerm wrote:Again availability is sold out for $99 price level, leaving just a few tickets in $250 and $75 seats. Probably only a few hundred tickets left and we will be approaching sold-out very quickly.

We are 99% sold out. Just a few dozen tickets left for Sat!
SASKBushwoman

Post by SASKBushwoman »

Are their boards for anyone looking to share hotel costs?

Where is the meet-up list? LOL

I had not planned on going until the last minute, so I am a novice here on the boards.
goldstei

Post by goldstei »

Hi all,

There are three different threads now on L.V., with over 200 different posts. Is there posted somewhere, or could someone kindly post, a summary of different meet-up type events being planned, so that L.V. newbies like me don't have to plough thru 200 postings? I'd like to hit a few events, but also want to be a tourist (i.e. Hoover Dam, etc.). I'm sure there are others who would also appreciate an up-to-date summary.
KaimiK

Post by KaimiK »

Hi goldstei,

If you visit the very first post of the other Vegas thread - viewtopic.php?f=44&t=22906 I think you'll find what you're looking for. As of now, there is a list of all attendees and a list of the various potential meetups planned. If I understand correctly, Grannypoe will very soon be updating that first message with further meetup details such as location and times. Patricia (grannypoe) has undertaken the incredible task of making arrangements for the get-togethers.

If you'd like to be included in the meetups, please post on this thread viewtopic.php?f=44&t=23070 or pm Maarten. He is doing a terrific job of managing a detailed list of attendees and will be using his creative genius to make nametags for somewhere around 185 people at last count.

His is the "master" list!
http://www.maartenmassa.be/LCdocs/Namet ... 0Vegas.pdf

Thank you, thank you to you both for all your efforts on our behalf.

As far as plans to get out and see the outlying areas, I don't think any group plans have been discussed, to my knowledge at least. My family will be going on a few excursions, but we run with the cheerios and sippy cup crowd, so I don't think we'll find many interested in joining us! :lol:

I think that's an adequate synopsis. If I've left anything out, please anyone, just let me know!

See everyone there!

Kelsey
You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. You folded your distance back into my heart.
carlowmike
Location: it's just the way it changes, like the shoreline and the sea,!

Post by carlowmike »

Oct. 29, goldstei wrote :
I'd like to hit a few events, but also want to be a tourist (i.e. Hoover Dam, etc.).
I believe that many of the shows on the Strip will be dark during our short stay ( 3 days) in Vegas.
Any information on alternative entertainment between LC Concerts :?:
We are also interested in doing the touristy thing
.... ;-)
Last edited by carlowmike on Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2008~Dublin x 3,- Amsterdam,- London,- Berlin,- London x 2,. 2009~Dublin x 3,- Barcelona, Sept.- New York, Chelsea Hotel Plaque Dedication and MSG Concert,- Las Vegas. 2010~Sligo x 2, Las Vegas x 1.]2012, Ghent, Berlin, Dublin, Los Angeles, New York.
Like You Would Do For One You Love
margaret

Post by margaret »

Check out http://www.grandcanyontours.com/
There is currently a 2 FOR 1 OFFER ON THE SOUTH RIM BUS TOUR.
Judy and I are booked on this long day trip on Thursday.

We are still hoping to do other more local sightseeing Friday to Sunday but we are very apprehensive about hiring a car and driving in the US.
If there is anyone with car space willing to let us share expenses one day we would really appreciate it.

Or information on some shorter trips that can be arranged locally would be very welcome.

Thanks,
Margaret
carlowmike
Location: it's just the way it changes, like the shoreline and the sea,!

Post by carlowmike »

24 days to Las Vegas.. ;-)
2008~Dublin x 3,- Amsterdam,- London,- Berlin,- London x 2,. 2009~Dublin x 3,- Barcelona, Sept.- New York, Chelsea Hotel Plaque Dedication and MSG Concert,- Las Vegas. 2010~Sligo x 2, Las Vegas x 1.]2012, Ghent, Berlin, Dublin, Los Angeles, New York.
Like You Would Do For One You Love
Purple Princess

Post by Purple Princess »

21 for me!!! :)
Manchester 1979; Birmingham 1985; London x 2 1988; London 1993; Edinburgh Castle, London 2008 Ramat Gan and Las Vegas 2009Sligo 2010Las Vegas Dec. 2010
Verona September 2012; Leeds sept 2013
brightnow

Post by brightnow »

21 here too... :) :)
Columbia May 11, 2009; Boston May 29, 2009; Durham November 3, 2009; Las Vegas December 10 & 11, 2010; Austin November 1, 2012; Boston December 15, 2012; Brooklyn December 20, 2012
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

:D 21 for me too :D ... but I have Oakland in between ... 17 days to Oakland!!!! Excited but nervous!
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

ladydi wrote::D 21 for me too :D ... but I have Oakland in between ... 17 days to Oakland!!!! Excited but nervous!
Nervous???

Wendy
friscogrl

Post by friscogrl »

I know some people are staying in Vegas for a day or two after the concert and some mentioned wanting to do some sight seeing. I have been looking into a day trip on Sunday to the Hoover Dam. There are a few companies who do these tours and will pick us up at our Hotels.
If anybody is interested in doing this let me now and I will make arrangements. The Hoover Dam is definitely worth seeing and the tour may help us take our minds off the fact that the tour is over :(

Marsha
2008 Toronto June 6/ 2009 New York Feb 19 Oakland April 13 14 Coachella April 17 Ottawa May 25 26 Barcelona Sept 21 Las Vegas 11/12 San Jose 11/13
2010 Malmo Aug 4 Gothenburg Aug 12 Las Vegas Dec 10 & 11
2012 Verona 9/24 San Jose 11/7. Montreal 11/28 11/29/ 2013 Oakland 3/2 NYC 4/6
Hamilton 4/9
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Mabeanie1 wrote:Nervous???
Wendy
LOL...not over the concerts! I guess anxious would be the better word. Suddenly have more things to do in the next 2 weeks than I have time for :roll: . Oakland and Las Vegas seemed faaaaar in the distance...and suddenly they're on our doorstep!

See you at Luka's! :D

Diana
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

margaret wrote:Check out http://www.grandcanyontours.com/
There is currently a 2 FOR 1 OFFER ON THE SOUTH RIM BUS TOUR.
Judy and I are booked on this long day trip on Thursday.

Margaret
Has anyone been on one of their tours or had direct contact with them? I was hoping to book an air/ground tour for December 9 but I am still waiting for a reply to two e-mails with straightforward questions (re the difference between the "regular" tour and the "deluxe" tour, both of which have the same $259.99 price tag + approx drop off and pick up times) and the number they give on the website for queries from the UK is out of service. I am a bit nervous about spending a lot of money online with an organisation which appears to be so hard to get hold of.

Thanks

Wendy
margaret

Post by margaret »

I had replies to emails the following day when I wrote to them.
However they did send a confirmation after I booked that gave the booking date as the day of the tour itself! That panicked me a bit as I thought they would be already on the way to my hotel to pick us up :shock:
I wrote right away marking it urgent and it was just a silly typo.

They assured me however that my credit card number was only being held as a security measure and payment would not be taken until the day of the tour or in the event of us not turning up and giving them notice of the fact.

They are prominent in various guide books so I am hoping everything will be OK.

Margaret

Return to “The World Tour 2010 Meetups”