Las Vegas help -Q and A's/Meet ups etc

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Meetups before and after the concerts
tigerm

Re: Las Vegas help -Q and A's/Meet ups etc

Post by tigerm »

mutti wrote:Hi Patricia
It will be great to see you again and everyone else from last year in Las Vegas !!!
I agree that it would be nice if there was a separate thread just for the meet ups.
My suggestion but I know there is not a chance of it happening...
If there is a bar at Caesar's Palace that has no smoking that would be awesome.
Thats my little request but I know that is few and far between though I did hear the 'poker' room has non smoking! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks again
Mutti/Leslie 8) ;-) 8)

If the bar serves food then it has to be no smoking due to the Southern Nevada Clean Air Act. So it should be quite easy to find a non-smoking bar. Yes several poker rooms are non-smoking too-the one at Caesars is. Some bars and clubs are divided into smoking and non smoking areas.
donalagata

Post by donalagata »

Thank you to all of those who have given such wonderful information in regard to Vegas . Your words are a beacon of light to help guide us through this incredible journey we will be on. I am looking forward to meeting so many forum members ...
names and words finally put to a face.
My sister Sharon and I will be there for both concerts and would love to be included in any meetups. Thank you to all of those who organize and contribute to this forum.

Warmest Wishes,
donalagata
(Donna)
mutti

Post by mutti »

I was just joking about the poker rooms as I don't play poker and can't see all of us having a meetup in one.. ;-) ;-) ;-)
I think it will be hard to find a non smoking bar in Caesar's Palace so I am fine with whatever...
but would be nice to so go to a different one than last year...
and it is nice after the concerts to go to a bar right in the same hotel. (CP)
Thanks again for organizing meetups all of you doing it..
very grateful...
Mutti/Leslie ;-)
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
casterbridgecohen

Post by casterbridgecohen »

I have double posted this because at present it seems we have two threads going in regards to meet ups in Las Vegas.
I suspect it might be an idea to keep an updated running list of all participants on line at the head of this thread as Maarten did last year as that will give you and everyone else a clear indication of the numbers involved.

If one of the events is more formal maybe you will need a cut off date so you have a definate idea of numbers before aproaching various venues.

Given everyone will be at Caesers for two nights it might make sense to have one meet up/function there either possibly late afternoon or a buffet after a show?

Maybe if there were eg two meet ups - one more formal - different people could organise each to share the load.

Just ideas after watching and joining the more structured meet ups in Barcelona and Las Vegas last year.

My wife Sharron and I will be in Honolulu and both Las Vegas concerts.

Michael
1970 IOW 2008 Dublin - Manchester - Glastonbury - Berlin - Cardiff - Bournemouth 2009 Vancouver - Victoria - Koln - Nimes - Bratislava - Budapest - Barcelona - L Vegas - San Jose 2010 Salzburg - Basel - Strasbourg - Lille - Victoria - Vancouver - L Vegas(2) 2012 Montreal - Quebec - NYC 2013 London - Amsterdam
tigerm

Post by tigerm »

Just an update to those of you making plans to come to Las Vegas. There are rumors of a couple of big events getting added to Las Vegas events calendar on the weekend of Leonard Cohen's show-one at Mandalay Bay arena, the other at Hard Rock. While this won't mean every hotel room or flight will suddenly get booked up, it may cause rates to start raising a bit.
grannypoe

Post by grannypoe »

I have started a list of those who are coming to Vegas from the three threads--so far there are 85--not all have indicated their interest in meeting. I will put this list up in the Las Vegas Meetups Dec 10/11 thread this weekend. (I have a hundred essays to grade before them :!: ) Thursday definitely seems the day/night when members want to get together.
Patricia
donalagata

Post by donalagata »

Thank you grannypoe,
for all of your work and effort organizing a meet-up. Looking forward to meeting you and all of the forum members and their families.

Warmest Regards,
donalagata
(Donna)
leonardthecat

Post by leonardthecat »

grannypoe wrote:I have started a list of those who are coming to Vegas from the three threads--so far there are 85--not all have indicated their interest in meeting. I will put this list up in the Las Vegas Meetups Dec 10/11 thread this weekend. (I have a hundred essays to grade before them :!: ) Thursday definitely seems the day/night when members want to get together.
Patricia

Could you make that 86? I'm going to the concerts with a friend who lives in Las vegas, she has graciously invited me to stay for the time 'Im in Las Vegas. We'd be interested in any meet ups, dinners, drinks, etc... Always been greedy that way! LOL.
Really looking forward to December, be great to see people from other meet ups and concerts.
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Am I the only one who feel's that this http://www.lcfans.us/vegas/ should be either in this thread or the other LV thread or perhaps in a thread of it's own. Nomadic set it up, but it had gotten buried in the combination 'Honolulu-Portland-Las Vegas:Presale Info With Links' thread.
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

MaryB wrote:Am I the only one who feel's that this http://www.lcfans.us/vegas/ should be either in this thread or the other LV thread or perhaps in a thread of it's own. Nomadic set it up, but it had gotten buried in the combination 'Honolulu-Portland-Las Vegas:Presale Info With Links' thread.
I agree with you that it is a worthy thread. So, I dragged the URL to my desktop where the Icon sits for easy access.
Two things: (1) I suppose making it a stand-alone thread is up to the mods.

(2) When I asked people at the Krakow Event for their Forum names for the slideshow, I learned to my (innocent) surprise, that not all passionate Cohenites are members of the Forum. And some that are registered said they rarely if ever post. Many do lurk, though. In other words, I don't know how many people who bought tickets on the forum pre-sale will even see Nomadic's seating form, or would be willing to participate.

---Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

I can't view it without installing Silverlight. Might it be made available in another form?
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Lizzy, it should be no problem to install on your home pc or laptop...it's really fast. Now..work is a different matter. They get testy about those things and put all sorts of blocks on the computers :roll:
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Thanks, Diana :D !

TOTALLY out of the question at work! HAHA

At home, though, it was this that I installed on my old computer and it brought all kinds of nightmarish stuff with it. So, not worth that risk to me.

All I was hoping was for a list of people attending... and I found that at the beginning of the other thread... so all's well on that.

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
carlowmike
Location: it's just the way it changes, like the shoreline and the sea,!

Post by carlowmike »

Good day tigerm,
some of my group hope to attend a show on the Thursday night in Las Vegas.
Anne Shipley mentioned a show, I am unable to find that post now.
We do not need a list of shows just a recommendation will do ;-) .
2008~Dublin x 3,- Amsterdam,- London,- Berlin,- London x 2,. 2009~Dublin x 3,- Barcelona, Sept.- New York, Chelsea Hotel Plaque Dedication and MSG Concert,- Las Vegas. 2010~Sligo x 2, Las Vegas x 1.]2012, Ghent, Berlin, Dublin, Los Angeles, New York.
Like You Would Do For One You Love
mutti

Post by mutti »

Hey Mick
I heard that Cirque de Soleil "O" is wonderful - its water themed.
I heard that Love is good at the Mirage - Beatles
La Reve is good
I haven't seen any of these but have heard about them over the years...
Oh yes and on the 11th and 12th there is something momentus happening at the Colliseum at Caeasar's Palace.
Don't miss it!
Les/Mutti ;-)
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...

Return to “The World Tour 2010 Meetups”