Helsinki - after-concert drinks

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Meetups before and after the concerts
chrissyb

Helsinki - after-concert drinks

Post by chrissyb »

That's it - work finished!! Stopping to visit our Grandaughter on the way to see Leonard in Helsinki - what a wonderful way to celebrate our anniversary!!! Thanks to everyone for posting the great reports of the tour so far - Lissadell sounded amazing.

Hope your plane lands on time Jarkko and hope to meet a few of you guys in Helsinki

Chris
1973-Glasgow; 1976-Portsmouth; 2008-Edinburgh, Glasgow x 2; 2009-Liverpool; 2010-Helsinki; 2012-Dublin
terok

Re: Helsinki

Post by terok »

Just thought someone might find this useful;
http://www.hsl.fi/EN/Pages/default.aspx
That's local public transportation's web page. Straight from the main page you'll find a route planner, simply enter 'Hartwall-areena' in the 'To'-box (and obviously the address of the place you are leaving in the 'from'-box). You'll find ticket prices and all sorts of useful info also there.
Probably the easiest way to get there is by train, every train entering or leaving Helsinki stops in Pasila, which is 400m (quarter mile) walk from Hartwall-Areena. http://www.hartwall-areena.com/en/index.php?id=78 Finnish taxis are also reliable, but expensive.

See you there!
jarkko
Site Admin

Re: Helsinki

Post by jarkko »

We will have some after-concert drinks at Restaurant RYTMI (II linja 2, or "Toinen linja 2", in the Hakaniemi/Kallio area). It's located near the old red-brick Hakaniemi Market Hall. The bar will be open until 2 am.
http://www.rytmi.net

Looking forward to seeing many of you there!
Jarkko
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Maarten

Re: Helsinki - after-concert drinks

Post by Maarten »

I guess I'll just follow Jarkko...! ;-)

Maarten (@the airport for a flight to Krakow)

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
chrissyb

Post by chrissyb »

Would love to meet up - will have to find the place & also find out how we get back to our hotel afterwards!!!! (would taxis be available/very expensive?) Get to Helsinki Sunday evening so that gives us a chance to find our way around a bit. Thanks Terok - that info re the transport looks good.
1973-Glasgow; 1976-Portsmouth; 2008-Edinburgh, Glasgow x 2; 2009-Liverpool; 2010-Helsinki; 2012-Dublin
terok

Post by terok »

There aren't any bigger events in town next tuesday, so one would think there are taxis available. Taxi-ride from Hartwall-areena to Rytmi costs probably something around 15 to 20 euros.
lindyfan

Post by lindyfan »

Hi everyone!
I know this message doesn't actually belong here but I thought people might read this more often... I have one extra ticket for the concert on Tuesday so if you know anyone who still wants a ticket, tell them to contact me!! The ticket is on a very good location; section 107, row 5, price 89,90e. I won't be in front of a computer before Monday but you can also call me, tel. +358-50-348 1702 / Arja. Thanks in beforehand if you can help...
chrissyb

Post by chrissyb »

Sorry tummy troubles prevented us from coming tonight. Thanks to the power of imodium we were able to watch leonard. Fantastic night - Hope you're all enjoying yourselves - maybe next time!!
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

chrissyb...does that mean you were able to be AT the concert (thanks to drugs!), and that you simply were unable to make the post concert meet-up? Or, were you unable to do both? Wow...I know that tummy thing from a couple of times in the past and it's not fun....hope you're feeling better!

With good wishes for a happier intestine! ;-)
Diana
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Thanks to all friends who came to Rytmi last night after a most memorable concert! And special thanks to Charley and Roscoe for joining us, and sharing the latest news with us! More comments to follow after our guests have left (and we have slept one long night!!!) -- next we are going to a city walk with several members who came to Helsinki for the concert!
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
bkmccalla

Post by bkmccalla »

jarkko wrote:Thanks to all friends who came to Rytmi last night after a most memorable concert! And special thanks to Charley and Roscoe for joining us, and sharing the latest news with us! More comments to follow after our guests have left (and we have slept one long night!!!) -- next we are going to a city walk with several members who came to Helsinki for the concert!
hi jarkko, forgive me for asking, if this has been shared elsewhere, but what's the latest news from roscoe and charley???

thanks and warmest regards,
bonnie
1970, 1983, 1988, 1993/Lyon July 9/Bruges July 10/Amsterdam July 12/Lisbon July 19/Nice July 22/Lucca July 27/Rome July 28/Athens July 30/Beacon February 19/Oakland April 13, 14, 15/Kingston May 22/London May 24/Ottawa May 25, 26/Red Rocks June 4/Las Vegas November 12/San Jose November 13/Las Vegas December 2011 x2/San Jose November 2012/Oakland March 2, 3 2013...i've obviously lost my mind...
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

I'm copying this from the other Helsinki thread:

Some after-concert meetup photos by Vesa Tapiola. More of his and Maarten's photos coming soon!

jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Two more by Eija:

Above: Hannu and Miia with Charley
Below: Knut and Lea with Roscoe

chrissyb

Post by chrissyb »

Ladydi - Diana, Thanks for your concerns. We arrived in Helsinki from Manchester (from home in Scotland via Thornaby!) in the middle of Sunday night's thunder storm - pilot abandoned landing at the last minute and we were taken to Tampere and then coached to Helsinki. Storm was weird - black as night with both sheet and fork lightening out of one window, bright and light on the opposite side! Monday I woke up with stomach problems so went back to bed for a while but it cleared for late afternoon and I was able to wander around the city. Come Tuesday afternoon it was Dave's turn (Daviewlz). Luckily the drugs helped and we were able to go to Harwall but he didn't feel up to much else. Leonard was fantastic - I'm constantly amazed at how much I still love his voice after all these years. I wish we could've made the post concert get-together, I wanted to thank Jarkko for all his efforts - I can only echo Leonard's words. Thanks also for posting the photos - looks like we missed a great evening. The following day was our 37th wedding anniversary and we were still on a high from the previous evening. Helsinki was beautiful - our first time there and I don't know what we expected but suffice to say we both want to go back. One day - perhaps our next concert, where ever and whenever that may be - I shall be lucky enough to meet up with some of you all. Till then I shall continue to follow everyone on these forums!

Chris

Oops - posted this on the wrong bit (setlists!) Hopefully I've managed to correct it now!!!

Return to “The World Tour 2010 Meetups”