Caen, 15th Sept. A meet pre and post event?

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Meetups before and after the concerts
Lookatme

Caen, 15th Sept. A meet pre and post event?

Post by Lookatme »

Hi I am solo travelling (flying) from the UK on the 14th to Caen return 16th.

Newbie, though fast learner and instant appreciator of greatness, really never listened to Leonard until a year ago, now find myself listening to nothing else, where have I been all these 52 sad years.

I'm posting here for do's and do nots, understand that singing along may drive him back stage never to reappear!.

Anyone else at a loose end in Caen before and after the experience on the 15th, any plans for a meet up pre or post, would be great, maybe visit the beaches.

Thought I'd post this and look forward to hearing and perhaps being luckily acquainted with you in France.
StBruno

Re: Caen, 15th Sept. A meet pre and post event?

Post by StBruno »

I'm sure there'll be news of a pre-event meet up as the date gets closer - it was discussed before the concert was delayed. Vicomte/Vicomtesse seemed to have the best nearly local knowledge (see page threeish of the main tour topics).

Meantime be patient and don't worry about joining in for the louder numbers - at some of the shows you would have stood out if you weren't singing (for Marianne especially).

Best
B
...like one who believes
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

We will try to sort something out around the start of September.

Summer in Brittany and lots to do, including a bit of "to-ing and fro-ing" to South coast of England. The French can be a little quiet at times at Leonard's concerts, some around us last time just expected people to listen............. :shock: :lol: A couple of months ago at a UB40 concert in Nantes, Robin Campbell stopped playing during their third number and told the mainly French crowd that he knew it was a Sunday and the Country was Catholic and possibly quite religious!! but please, all stand up and lets make it a big party. To a person they all stood up and it ended up being a brilliant gig, they just needed a gentle push :lol:

So I hope someone can encourage them to let themselves go a little in Caen ;-)
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
Lookatme

Post by Lookatme »

Thanks guys for the replies, I am sure there will be lots of us there, just hanging around beforehand and it would be a great opportunity to get together against one lost or missed.

Looking forward to it all and open to anyone's plans or suggestions.
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

Hi,

Sorry about delay but Vicomtesse and I have been in UK at various times due to family reasons!

Anyway, 3 of us will be staying at the Ibis in the Place Courtonne in Caen Centre. If anyone fancies a lunch and/or a chat on the day of the concert (on 15th September of course), would it be possible to meet, say at around 12.30 - 1pm at this hotel? Or indeed wherever someone else may suggest? There are restos in the area and perhaps if I knew if anyone else was interested by the 13th, I can ask the locals on the 14th (day we arrive in Caen) where they suggest might be the best value and reserve for however many wish to partake, possibly just us 3 :lol: ;-)

Alternatively, a meet a couple of hours or so before the concert at same place or? I leave it open to debate.

Regards
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
Neil from The Young Ones
Lookatme

Post by Lookatme »

Thanks Vicomte,

This sounds good and I shall attempt to track you down 8) for lunch on the 15th, I hope many others will join us.

I will be staying in The Kyriad Caen Centre from night of 14th till 16th, look out for the guy attempting to understand Beautiful Losers :? in the bar till four in the morning.

To friends yet to be met :D .
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

OK sounds good, hope to see you there around 12h30 or so.

Well looks like two others and us three, there is another thread on meeting up in Caen running as well. I'll keep my eyes on both.

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=20068&start=30
Neil from The Young Ones
StBruno

Post by StBruno »

12:30 on the fifteenth is good for me, take it from there. I'll be with my partner who's not quite enough of a believer to have an account here...but its a slippery slope! Anyone else coming?

All best,
B

Mods - any chance of merging the two Caen threads?
...like one who believes
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

Good idea B.

Can that be arranged please Mods? And there is this original thread from Vicomtesse as well that might be best to be added as well !

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=20169&p=213249#p213249

Well the numbers are slowly rising, we can at least fill a table so far :lol: ;-)
Neil from The Young Ones
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

So meet at 12h30 at the Ibis Hotel Port de Plaisance, 6 Place Courtonne, Caen Centre

OK so far, a small but select band of 7 people :lol:

Lookatme x 1
Dan (Merganser) x 1
St Bruno and partner x 2
Vicomtes x 3
Neil from The Young Ones
Merganser

Post by Merganser »

I still plan to be there! I'm in Paris now. How shall I find you guys at the hotel?
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

I guess we will either be outside in the sunshine :lol: or inside or somewhere inside close to the entrance. We will keep an eye on the door and hope we Cohenites look familiar in some way, possibly have the same faraway look ?
Neil from The Young Ones
Judy

Post by Judy »

Dear Vicomte,

I won't be there unfortunately but I know one or two other people who would like to join you.

I've just sent you a pm ...

Judy
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

Judy,

PM replied to, we do hope it can be sorted in the way suggested or.....?
Neil from The Young Ones
StBruno

Post by StBruno »

Vicomte wrote
hope we Cohenites look familiar in some way
We''ll be wearing a river's disguise?

We'll be there, late forties with no time off for good behaviour, at least one in a Cohen T-shirt to help with ID. See you all there,

Bruno
...like one who believes

Return to “The World Tour 2010 Meetups”