Zagreb July 25: meet-up, tribute concert, exhibition, press

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Meetups before and after the concerts
zagi

Re: Zagreb July 25: meet-up, tribute concert, exhibition, press

Post by zagi »

Good thing about sensationalist media, such as some here in Croatia, is that they quickly move on to more "yellow" topics. For them Leonard was interesting for as long as photo of his arrival was not posted on all news sites. There and then sensation died and they moved on to their "yellower" pastures. Hopefully they remain there.
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

You're right, its safe city again, after first few hours... :)

Tomi, please join as on Saturday evening at the Stone Gate in gallery Lav!

Vecernji list, today's edition.
Attachments
20100721_06.JPG
20100721_05.JPG
jasmina/r

Post by jasmina/r »

I'm so happy and very proud!
My Man in my home town, finally :lol:
I can't wait Saturday meet-up and the great magic on Sunday evening ;-)
I hope Leonard will be remember Zagreb for good and never forget how we love him

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
London O2 2008, Vienna 2008, Venice 2009, Zagreb 2010, Florance 2010,
little old club in New York in the future (that's my secret wish!)
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

Croatian Villas takes advantage of Leonard Cohen's arrival to promote their villas - :lol:

http://www.croatianvillas.com/Croatia-N ... 2-19901022
Leonard Cohen jets in for Croatia holiday
21 July 2010

Leonard Cohen is spending a few days in accommodation in Croatia ahead of an upcoming concert.

The veteran Canadian singer will perform at Arena Hall in Zagreb on Sunday (July 25th) and intends to fit in a dress rehearsal beforehand, the Croatian Times reports Gloria magazine as stating.

Cohen only recently returned to touring following a lengthy spell as a Buddhist - a move that may have delighted his fans.

Some of his top hits include So Long, Marianne, Sisters of Mercy and Hallelujah, all of which he could belt out in the Croatian capital at the weekend.

But before that the performer may be putting his feet up in a Croatian villa or exploring the historic streets of Zagreb.

Cohen is not the first famous face to be spotted in Croatia in 2010, with Eva Longoria and husband Tony Parker recently enjoying a break in the country and actor Gerard Butler spending time in Dubrovnik earlier this summer.

Croatian Villas offering villas, apartments and waterside properties from the people who really know Croatia.ADNFCR-1197-ID-19901022-ADNFCR
Events, festivals and celebrity news
zagi

Post by zagi »

sturgess66 wrote:Croatian Villas takes advantage of Leonard Cohen's arrival to promote their villas - :lol:
http://www.croatianvillas.com/Croatia-N ... 2-19901022
next thing you know they'll be using "famous faces" for promotion even if they (faces) do not even land here... "Recently famous Hollywood actor Jack Nicholson flew over XY country on his way to vacation in China. Make sure to visit our hotel from which you can see celebs flying overhead!"
:roll:
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

http://croatia.world-countries.net/archives/7671
Leonard Cohen arrives in Zagreb
Wednesday, 21 July 2010

Leonard Cohen arrived in Zagreb yesterday (Tues), five days before his concert at the Arena venue in Croatia’s capital. He will hold a dress rehearsal on Friday, 23 July.The Canadian singer-songwriter has been inspiring generations with his numerous hits that include "So Long, Marianne," "Sisters of Mercy," "Suzanne," etc.In the mid-nineties he decided to leave the world of music and turn to Buddhism and meditation. But after his manager robbed him of practically all of his earnings, he decided to return to music and start touring again, the Croatian magazine Gloria writes.
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Vjesnik, national newspapers, today's culture pages.

It's beautiful article, actually the review of exhibition of my Cohen collection at the Rockmark bookstore:)
Attachments
vjesnik2272010.jpg
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

...nice review of the LAV gallery...feeling posh?...

http://www.spottedbylocals.com/zagreb/galerija-caffe

...porcelain cups AND philippe starck furniture..that'll do me tom.....ta ken
Solitudine non é essere soli, é amare gli altri inutilmente - Mario Stefani
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

We can confirm now that tomorrow in the LAV cafe gallery on the Stone Gate we can expect Sharon, Charley and Hattie, Rafael, Ed Sanders, some of the crew members and possibly others, everybody got an invitation. Their arrival cannot be 100% confirmed due to the schedule as preparations for the first show are due to start tomorrow at the venue in the late afternoon.
Paula

Post by Paula »

Once again I am feeling jealous Tom.

Could you take some more pictures of the exhibition of your collection it looks really good.
Dublin 14th June, Manchester 20th June, O2 17th July, Matlock Bandstand Aug 28, O2 14th November, Royal Albert Hall 17th and 18th November 2008, MBW 11th July 2009, Liverpool Echo 14th July 2009
bulat

Post by bulat »

Greetings,
one question for Mr. Tom Sakic:
do you know if Lenny will meet his comrade in arms Arsen Dedic in Zagreb?
Regards
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

I think he's not meeting anybody, as his manager's announcement says, including Arsen or Ibrica Jusic or any local publisher or translator or musician... Even Bono couldn't went through when he tried to get backstage...
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

tomsakic wrote:Even Bono couldn't went through when he tried to get backstage...
tom
that's not fair.....surely leonard realises that saint bonehead has devoted his whole life trying to to save the world and that's all the thanks he gets

btw it's not very often a poor boy like me from liverpool gets the oppurtunity to put his bum on a phillipe starck chair so in case i'm not first through the door tomorrow night could you put a 'reserved' ticket on one for me please...

...did you sort out our nun's outfits for our sound of music tour in salzburg....i bet maarten has already got his belgian nun's outfit carefully ironed and packed..

ta ken
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

tom

...it looks like the belgian has already organised his nun's outfit out for salzburg....ta ken
ma.jpg
gallina

Post by gallina »

Hi friends, COULD ANYBODY HELP ME? PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!!

I can't go to the meeting Saturday evening as I will arrive just in Sunday afternoon, and I can't get my ticket from Tom. And he will be unavailable in Sunday!

Could anybody keep my ticket and give it me during the day or before the concert? It would be very important, I cant'imagine what could be happened if I would be in Zagreb but couldn't see Leonard.......I am very nervous, please, help me!

Szilvia (gallina)
2009 Budapest
2010 Zagreb, Gothenburg, Florence, St. Margarethen, Bratislava, Las Vegas x2

2011, 2015 Ύδρα
2012 Ghent x5, Helsinki, Dublin x2, Verona
2013 Roma, Lucca, Vienna, London
2015 Viladrau

Return to “The World Tour 2010 Meetups”