Strasbourg - who's going ?

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Meetups before and after the concerts
Inne

Strasbourg - who's going ?

Post by Inne »

I'm going, who else will be there ? It would be nice meeting other forum members before or/and after the concert.
And I'm still looking for accommodation, most hotels are situated in the center of Strasbourg, the venue seems to be somewhere
out of the city (in Eckbolsheim ?). Any ideas ?
Inne
Silence
and a deeper silence
when the crickets
hesitate
osmachar

Re: Strasbourg - who's going ?

Post by osmachar »

There's a tram from the city centre going to the venue http://www.zenith-strasbourg.fr/Strasbo ... nformation
crystal

Post by crystal »

We are going and a meeting before would be very nice, but I am absolutely not familiar with Strasbourg.
We are staying at the Quality Suites Victoria Gardens.
So if anyone can suggest a venue for a meeting we'll be there.
Christel
holydove

Post by holydove »

We are going, but have not even looked for accomodations yet, don't know anything about the city.

Would love to be part of a meet-up, though.
osmachar

Post by osmachar »

Strasbourg's a lovely city (but a bit full with tourists 8) ). The are plenty of hotels to suit any budget and plenty of things to do during the day.

http://www.strasbourg.eu/en/index.htm
http://www.otstrasbourg.fr/?lang=en
http://www.strasbourg.com/
Maulwurf

Post by Maulwurf »

hey.

i' ll be there too and i too would appreciate a pre-show meeting.
got my room in one of the hotels from the list on the venue' s homepage (our friend osmachar wrote the link).

greetings
pink_is_dead
Location: Deep beneath the rolling waves, in labyrinths of coral caves.

Post by pink_is_dead »

Hello to everyone, I've just signed up =]

I saw him for the first time in my hometown in the summer of 2008 (Athens). It was such a magnificent experience. The sadness of the thought of not seeing him again (since this is probably his last mega-tour) was tremendous. I am currently working in Switzerland and since Strasbourg is really close I just bought my ticket and I'm longing to see him again so badly :|

I will stay in a hotel next to the music hall. It is called Les Colonnes and the double room costs 59€.

Apologies for any language-related mistakes but I'm not a native speaker. Time to dig the forum up =]

Take care,
Michail
Strangers passing in the street,
by chance to seperate glances meet,
and I am you and what I see is me.
Maulwurf

Post by Maulwurf »

hey michail.

welcome to the forum!

i may be a non-native speaker too, but yet i' m telling you:
you were talking so brave and so sweet! :-)

i thought of choosing les colonnes too.
but for some reason - quite frankly i don' t even remember what i was (perhaps the money?) - i did not take it.
but as far as i remember the other features of les colonnes, i' d say that you found yourself a good place to stay overnight.

you had to take a long time of waiting for your second chance to see mr.cohen but finally you will close that book of longing in something more than a month! :-)

greetings
edlosi

Post by edlosi »

We are going too.

Perhaps we could find a venue at „La Petite France“.

But I don't know what pink_is_dead will think about this - and maybe somebody else - because I don't know at which hotel they will stay. It is just a proposal.

Isolde
Last edited by edlosi on Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:29 am, edited 4 times in total.
mamcglynn09

Post by mamcglynn09 »

Really beginning to look forward to Strasbourg. Don't know the city, but as long as someone posts the details, i'm sure I'll find the venue. I will need to pick up the ticket from the box office before the concert as well. Any of the Irish Cohen fans travelling ????
Marianne09
2008 - Edinburgh; Cardiff; Manchester.
2009 - Liverpool, July 14th; Dublin July 19,20,21st; Belfast July 26th; Barcelona - Sep 21st
2010 - 31st July & 1st August, Sligo ; 21st September, Marseilles; 10th, 11th December, Las Vegas
2012 - 12th; 14th September, Dublin.
pink_is_dead
Location: Deep beneath the rolling waves, in labyrinths of coral caves.

Post by pink_is_dead »

I have no idea about Strasbourg town and unfortunately I will probably arrive around 4-5 p.m since it is a fair train trip from eastern Switzerland to Strasbourg :\ There is a slight chance I will arrive one day earlier but then again this would require change on the accommodation plan (if it is doable). Anyway I will do my best to join any pre-concert gathering =]

Edit: By checking the Poland gig thread I saw that it is possible to get one of the full front seats through pre-presale. Was there a same deal for Strasbourg concert? And if so it is now over I guess?
Strangers passing in the street,
by chance to seperate glances meet,
and I am you and what I see is me.
edlosi

Post by edlosi »

edit
Last edited by edlosi on Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
edlosi

Post by edlosi »

Hi Michail,

there was a pre-sale for Strasbourg on november 4th. It depends on the ticket seller if you could choose your seats or not. The ticket seller for the pre-sale for Strasbourg was GDP. There you can only choose the category (price) and how many tickets you want. They will choose the seats (I don't know how) and you can decide whether you want them or not. Before I start ordering tickets I look for a plan of the venue. If I can't choose I will know at least where the seats are.

Isolde

edit: btw do you know that there will be a meeting of cohenites in poland this summer.
see viewforum.php?f=34
If you want to join don't use Internet Explorer for the registration!
Last edited by edlosi on Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
edlosi

Post by edlosi »

edit
Last edited by edlosi on Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:35 pm, edited 5 times in total.
crystal

Post by crystal »

Hi Isolde,
thanks for the information. We arrive in Strasbourg 2 days early, on March 3rd. So we can be any time at any place. We are looking forward to meet everybody.
@ holydove: It will be nice to meet you again. We were sitting at the same table in Barcelona.
Only five more weeks to go...
Have a nice weekend everybody, Christel

Return to “The World Tour 2010 Meetups”