Lille, who is going??

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Meetups before and after the concerts
rpan

Re: Lille, who is going??

Post by rpan » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:44 pm

I am relieved really, that quote at the Grammy about having already crossed the finishing line was worrying me a little bit.

I had 2 tickets for Lille so I am hoping I could keep one on automatic transfer as it is 3rd row and the best I have ever got, get a refund on the other and purchase one for Marseille on "The Birthday" instead with that money.... would make a nice 2 centre week. Does anyone well familiar with France know how it would be easiest to travel from Marseilles to Lille - private jet excluded of course! :)
"We were broken then, but now we're borderline"
---------------------------------------------------------------------
2009: Dublin - Lisbon - Barcelona - San Jose
2010: Sligo - Florence - Marseille - Lille - Las Vegas
2012: Wembley - Kilmainham - Paris - Montreal
2013: London O2 - Lucca - Dublin
Inne

Post by Inne » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:12 pm

rpan wrote:I am relieved really, that quote at the Grammy about having already crossed the finishing line was worrying me a little bit.

I had 2 tickets for Lille so I am hoping I could keep one on automatic transfer as it is 3rd row and the best I have ever got, get a refund on the other and purchase one for Marseille on "The Birthday" instead with that money.... would make a nice 2 centre week. Does anyone well familiar with France know how it would be easiest to travel from Marseilles to Lille - private jet excluded of course! :)
I'm planning to do the same. I will cancel my ticket for Strasbourg and I'll try to find a decent seat for Marseille.
TGV is quite expensive (about 130 €) and it's a very long trip (about 8 hours !), but I guess it's the only way to travel from Marseille to Lille.
Do you have a ticket 3rd row front ? If so, I'll cancel my ticket 10th row front and take over yours.

Inne

Just found out there's a Ryanair flight from Marseille to Lille for 56,26 € (all taxes included) !
Silence
and a deeper silence
when the crickets
hesitate
DMark

Post by DMark » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:05 pm

There are going to be quite a few Leonard Cohen fans in Lille on the evening of March 3rd.
Would be a good opportunity for local musicians/bands to publicise any performances or put on a special performance for the evening. Lille must have some good venues? A mix of Leonard Cohen songs and Jacques Brel in Northern France would be just perfect.
somewhat_nifty

Post by somewhat_nifty » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:40 pm

So relieved I've been able to cancel my hotel without charge, wish I could say the same for the travel arrangements :( I think I'm going to hang on to my ticket though, as it's such an easy venue to get to for me, but I'm also so tempted by Marseille (presuming there'll be any tickets available) - the Barcelona celebration was fantastic, it would be great to experience that again. They do seem to choose such great, sunny Mediterranean spots for his birthday, I wonder if it's deliberate - if I was touring I'd make damn sure I spent my birthday somewhere nice ;-)
I'm chained to the old masquerade...
2008: London O2 14th Nov, RAH 18th Nov; 2009: NY RCMH 16th May, Weybridge MBW 11th July, Barcelona 21st Sept; 2010: Sligo 31st July, Lille 25th Sept, Las Vegas 11th Dec; 2012: Wembley Arena 8th Sept, Dublin 11th Sept 2013: London O2 21st June, London O2 14th Sept
coolcohen1

Post by coolcohen1 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:47 am

well it seems that i am going :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
3 times in denmark 3 times in germany 1 in sweden 1 in norway
Concerts 2010 2 times in sweden 1 in Denmark and thenn we take Berlin
And now alsoo going to stuttgard is life not just beutifull ??

http://coolcohen.blogspot.com/
HugoD

Post by HugoD » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:37 pm

Received an email today from Infos Billetterie where I booked my ticket. A collegue who's french is a lot better then mine :oops: translated it for me.
It said that the tickets are automatically transferred to september 25th unless you want a refund. For a refund you have to apply before march 15th.

So that was an easy decision , just do nothing and it will be allright :D
Lille 2010, Dublin 2012, Mannheim 2013, Rotterdam 2013, Montréal 2017
Happiness is just the side effect of a meaningful life.
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:54 pm

If anyone has a spare ticket for lille in september, i may well be interested

Many thanks
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
rpan

Post by rpan » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:41 am

cohenadmirer wrote:If anyone has a spare ticket for lille in september, i may well be interested

Many thanks
I do have a spare one but I know forum members like them really near the front so may not be good enough. It is in P3 which is central and is as far as I can work out in row 10 -P3 Rang J place 009
128 euro

It is electronic ticket so would have to be a rendezvous arrangement.

Anyone interested let me know, or I will be seeking refund at end of the week.
rpan

Post by rpan » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:41 am

cohenadmirer wrote:If anyone has a spare ticket for lille in september, i may well be interested

Many thanks
I do have a spare one but I know forum members like them really near the front so may not be good enough. It is in P3 which is central and is as far as I can work out in row 10 -P3 Rang J place 009
128 euro

It is electronic ticket so would have to be a rendezvous arrangement.

Anyone interested let me know, or I will be seeking refund at end of the week.
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:43 pm

Thankyou . you are right most of us would like ideally to be on stage , but noneheless that sounds like a good seat . i would be interested in that ticket if still available. please email or pm (hoping i can work out how to use these )
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:57 am

If anyone is still looking for tickets for Lille, there are a pair of seats in the third row (C) of P2 currently available on GDP. FNAC have a single seat in row G of the central block, P3.

Wendy
golo99

Post by golo99 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:01 am

Couldn't find a taker on here for either of my spare third row singles (in P2) for Lille, so I got them refunded and they're now available on the GDP website if anyone wants a single ticket. Although I expect quite a few good seats will start appearing on there between now and the refunds deadline of March 15th...
2008 Dublin June 15th, Manchester June 20th, Vienna Sept 24th, London Nov 17th, Brighton Nov 28th / 2009 Weybridge July 11th / 2010 Malmo Aug 4th, Lille Sept 25th / 2012 Dublin Sept 12th & 14th / 2013 Brighton Aug 28th
danslenoir

Post by danslenoir » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:52 pm

Did anyone make the trip to Lille in the end? If so, what did you think of the town?

I got back earlier this afternoon, and have to say although the feeling of "I should be seeing LC today :( " popped up a few times yesterday, it was an alright trip. Lille probably wouldn't a place I would have chosen (before, or after having been) to visit for the fun of it, but it's an alright town, and as a bit of a francophile anyway, I can't complain too much at all. There is a nice little Zoo (with free entry :D) there I'd recommend for anyone visiting in September that has a reasonable array of wildlife which, most welcomingly, was not all sat behind a 10m tall wire fence and metre thick perspex (take note London Zoo!)- a lot of the animals inc zebras, rhinos and monkeys are seperated off by little more than a small moat and ankle-low rope. Shopping is also good, especially in the Euralille shopping centre, which I noticed when I walked past is directly on top/next to the Hotel Lille Europe some people booked into this time round. There is a huge Carrefour hypermarché in that shopping centre which is great for stocking up on French food goodies and cheap wine (even the Premier Cru Bordeaux's were only 7-10 Euros or so for a bottle, and the cheaper ones started off at around 2 Euros for a standard 70cl bottle of domestically-produced wine) to take home.
mydoglorca

Post by mydoglorca » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:29 am

No, we didn't do the trip to Lille in the end.
Thanks for the info though, should be useful for September.
I have had lots of feelings this week along the lines 'should be in France' and 'should be seeing Leonard tonight' :cry:
Oh well, soon be September. Unless Uk in July maybe... :?:
1976 Bristol 1979 Birmingham 1988 RAH x 2, 1993 RAH x 2 & Madrid, 2008 Edinburgh, London O2, Cardiff, Bournemouth, RAH 17 Nov, Birmingham, Manchester 30 Nov, 2009 Weybridge, Liverpool, Dublin 19 & 20th,2010 September -Marseille, Tours, Lille, 2012 12 & 14 Aug Ghent,Wembley x22013 O2, Antwerp, Bournemouth, Manchester
CathyM

Post by CathyM » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:32 pm

We went to Lille too, partly because we'd booked onward travel to Paris, but I couldn't say no to a planned trip and time off work etc. Too tempting.

I couldn't resist guessing who else might be there for the same reason by their appearance. I like to think I got it right.

We did the bus tour that goes from the tourist office. It last 50 minutes and has headphone commentaries in various languages. A good way to see what's where at the outset. We visited the Art gallery at The Musee des Beaux Art, went to the outdoor food market and saw a film early evening - like most French towns there are loads of nice cinemas that show films in the original language with French subtitles. Ate at a Chti - local language and culture - restaurant and ordered a strange dish of potatoes on bread with a side dish of potatoes. Went to see the venue for the concert. Functional. Tried to get inside but failed. Doesn't look huge and is a fifteen minute walk fom the centre.

Return to “The World Tour 2010 Meetups”