I'm Your Man Trailer makes teenagers laugh hysterically

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
Manna

Re: I'm Your Man Trailer makes teenagers laugh hysterically

Post by Manna » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:38 pm

I just listened again to DOALM. I still stand by what I said after the first listen - that it sounds like everyone needs a shower, a good sleep and some fresh fruit. I like DGHWYHO tho. And Fingerprints is kind of fun.
Steven

Re:

Post by Steven » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:14 am

Lizzy,

I may try to give it more listens. If so, it won't be easy.

Manna,

Nice description of "everyone."
Baldwyn

Post by Baldwyn » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:28 am

Yeah, I think in my quick review of I'm Your Man, I mentioned how I thought Leonard was going to die horribly in the end with all the foreshadowing and film school stuff. It's a great movie when you're preaching to the choir, but I could see why it seems overblown to the casual listener.

I enjoy Death of a Ladies Man. Memories, Don't Go Home with Your Hard-On, and Fingerprints are great songs to listen to. The other ones take me a bit more effort, but the album shouldn't be completely rejected.

I have a bootleg of Leonard and others doing Don't Go Home with Your Hard-On done slow, and casual with guitar and back-up singers by. I also think the I'm Your Fan version of the song is really spectacular.
astranger

Post by astranger » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:43 am

the lyrics to the DOALM, the song, are among his best. Without doubt the best song on the cd, followed by Memories.
Jake.........Durham, NC 11-3-09; Brooklyn, NY 12-20-12

Return to “Comments & Questions”