chat room

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
Byron
Location: Mad House, Eating Tablets, Cereals, Jam, Marmalade and HONEY, with Albert

chat room

Post by Byron »

How does one get into the chatroom? I type my nickname and I get to a grey page that says wait while we connect you, and then, and then,................nuthin'
"Bipolar is a roller-coaster ride without a seat belt. One day you're flying with the fireworks; for the next month you're being scraped off the trolley" I said that.
jarkko
Site Admin

Re: chat room

Post by jarkko »

maybe you have disabled javascript in your settings????
Byron
Location: Mad House, Eating Tablets, Cereals, Jam, Marmalade and HONEY, with Albert

Post by Byron »

It is enabled
"Bipolar is a roller-coaster ride without a seat belt. One day you're flying with the fireworks; for the next month you're being scraped off the trolley" I said that.
Byron

Post by Byron »

My son used Skype to get me the link to Xchat and now I'm talking to wens. :)
Tony

Post by Tony »

Byron,

The latest version of Java does not get you into the chatroom, or at least it did not get me in. Tim gave me the advice to go back to the previous version and it works. In the meantime I had managed to get in via Wenslaus's server. I hope this helps.

Tony
Byron

Post by Byron »

We're in and chatting. Thanks
Tim

Post by Tim »

As Tony just pointed out, I've come across this problem with the combination of Windows XP, the latest version of the Java Runtime Environment, and the chatroom website access. This is the thread on beautifullosers.org where we talked about it.

Jarkko - don't know if this is a known issue with jIRC, or whether there are any patches/fixes for it?

Tim
Tri-me

Post by Tri-me »

Whenever I go to the chat room no one is there. I am using MIRC stranger is not there either just me alone again, naturally.
Cheers & DLight
Tri-me (tree-mite) Sheldrön
"Doorhinge rhymes with orange" Leonard Cohen
Laura

Post by Laura »

Tri-me wrote:Whenever I go to the chat room no one is there. I am using MIRC stranger is not there either just me alone again, naturally.
Did you write #cohenfans as your channel name, Tri-me? Stranger is almost always there, and most of the time there are a few people at least sleeping there, so I think you got in the wrong place.
Laura
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

I have asked Rauli to look around for a modern chatroom software. Will keep you posted...
Tri-me

Post by Tri-me »

Hi Laura, yes I use #cohenfans, mayybe for whatever reason I cannot get in :?
Cheers & DLight
Byron

Post by Byron »

Try this, it worked for me...

http://www.silverex.org/download/
LauraL

Post by LauraL »

:? after many tries , i finally got into the chat room
and there was no one there

:)

at least i know how to get there now
..saying your words were not empty ,
makes them no less hollow

littlecrow feb/07
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Well, I never managed to get into the chat room either. I tried to, because I wonder what visitors to the chatroom talk about that isn't discussed already on the Forum.
" ........... if one can describe as serious the confused comedy of our lives". Graham Greene, "The Comedians".
Tri-me

Post by Tri-me »

Thank you Byron, O have it on y computer how do i get into the chat room
Cheers & DLight

Return to “Comments & Questions”