Welcome to Jack

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
Bobbie

Welcome to Jack

Post by Bobbie »

Hey Jack.. just saw your name as a new registrant! ( I never start new topics, but this time I couldn't resist.)

Welcome to the Other Side... :--)

In Parky's words...
Alla Best,
Bobbie
lazariuk

Post by lazariuk »

Thanks for the welcome Bobbie. I think of you sometimes as I am living in Montreal now and am sometimes walking by the sidewalk cafe where we met.

Jack
margaret

Post by margaret »

Hello Jack,

We haven't met, but I recall reading on the Newsgroup about your tribulations with the dentist a little while back. I hope all is now well and you will visit us here when you are able.

Margaret
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Welcome from me, too, Jack :D .

[I'm glad you started the thread, Bobbie ~ I also don't like starting threads; and do it only very occasionally].

As soon as I saw your name, conjunct with Bobbie's, I knew "Lazariuk" had to be the rest. I remember you, too, from my few forays into the Newsgroup, where you're a great contributor. [That dentist thing comes to my mind, too, Margaret :) .]

Montreal, cafes, and memories ~ lovely; separately and together.

~ Lizzy
lazariuk

Post by lazariuk »

thanks for remembering me although I hope I am not being remembered as someone complaining about dentists.
There is so much more to complain about.
See my picture there over on the left where I am showing off my good teeth. The complaint I had then was that it was from a picture that I wasn't suppose to be in. It was a class picture and I am not sure if it was just the teacher or the whole class that decided that they didn't want me in the class picture. I am only there because the photographer snuck me in without anyone knowing. you can see the photo at
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jlazariuk ... a3&.src=ph

Imagine telling a young kid that he is not wanted in the class photo.

Jack
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

What!?! Are you serious!?! Doesn't matter which it was, really ~ the teacher was culpable, either way! And the kids!?! What the h... do they know the shoulds and shouldn'ts of class pictures. I'd like to tell Miss Lopes a thing or three :evil: . Hooray for the photographer ~ the only one in the bunch with some sense.

Did you have any reunions that you attended?

I just remember substantial contributions, and then your photo from past LC Events.

Regarding the dentist, I recall the incident/discussion as somehow being humourous [not to laugh at anyone's troubles ~ but, either the initial presentation, or follow-ups comments].

~ Lizzy
lazariuk

Post by lazariuk »

I do find it all a little funny. Much to the dismay of the teacher I got myself a prominent place in the picture that they all had to live with.
School was never a very pleasant place for me and so I am grateful for the small victories.

I don't think that any reunions would interest me.

Jack
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

:lol: Yes, prominent, with appropriate expression :lol: .

I asked about the reunions, not so much as a matter of your own interest, but because they often seem to be arenas of 'sweet revenge.' Another 'small victory' you might have had :wink: .

~ Lizzy
Bobbie

Post by Bobbie »

Hi again, Jack... do you mean that cafe on St. Laurent... ?, where we all sat and drank pitcher after pitcher of beer till 4 in the morning? Let's see.. who was there.... you, Lizzie, me, Tom Bohan and his wife, Rhonda (remember, you asked me, not knowing they were married, how did Tom get so easily to "pick up" Rhonda, who was sitting on a sidewalk bench nearby.. ?) ... Tom and I still smile fondly at that :--) ... April, Ray Webster, Tom Duckovic (whatever happened to him.. ?), Steven Scobie, Heather.. who else was there... ?

Bobbie
lazariuk

Post by lazariuk »

Yes that Cafe. I don't remember who else other than who you mentioned being there.
I had a party shortly after which you were unable to attend but many who you may know did. Here are some pictures of that wonderful party. Some others in this group may see themselves there
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jlazariuk ... DBF5HoBItu

Jack
Bobbie

Post by Bobbie »

Thanks for the pictures, Jack.. yes, I definitely recognize a few... :--) Right, Tom, Rhonda, and I weren't able to attend, but we would have liked to. I heard later that it was a fun party.. your birthday, wasn't it? We headed back to Maine straight away as soon as the closing ceremony was completed.. Tom had his car parked nearby and off we went. He walks like a house afire even when he isn't in a hurry... so there wasn't a minute to spare. I remember racing down the front steps of Moyse Hall, waving to new friends being left behind, and the next think I knew, 6 hours later, we were back in Maine... my life forever changed.

B

Return to “Comments & Questions”