Quote for newborn

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
425-17

Quote for newborn

Post by 425-17 »

Hi everyone,

I am going to be a father late next month. Where I am from (Germany), it is quite common to send cards announcing the birth of a child to your friends and acquaintances.

I am thinking of putting a Cohen quote on our cards, but I have not found a fitting one. Can anyone help me out here?

It seems like Leonard used the word "baby" quite often - though mostly in a vastly different context...
HugoD

Re: Quote for newborn

Post by HugoD »

I would not dare to suggest any kind of appropriate line for your child birth announcement since it is so personal.

But maybe this website can help you out: http://www.webheights.net/cohenconcordance/index.htm

Good luck and please let us know what you finally have decided!
Lille 2010, Dublin 2012, Mannheim 2013, Rotterdam 2013, Montréal 2017
Happiness is just the side effect of a meaningful life.
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Rather than a Cohen quote (for a birth announcement? That's a difficult one!), perhaps you could use Cohen's "unified heart" symbol on your cards. It is a well-known Cohen image, as well as being rather beautiful, and it is certainly appropriate for expressing the love and togetherness of your new family.

Congrats on the upcoming kid!
vlcoats

Post by vlcoats »

I am not sure if you have found your quote, but we are just now celebrating the birth of our first grandchild, and one of our forum members, its4inthemorning, just sent me the quote below. It is from Songs of the Street, and I thought it was perfect (thank you 4!):

"We are so small between the stars, so large against the sky..."

Vickie

Return to “Comments & Questions”