Looking for 2013 concert footage from Wellington New Zealand

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
TheGirlfriend

Looking for 2013 concert footage from Wellington New Zealand

Post by TheGirlfriend »

Hello, I was hoping someone could tell me if they knew of a recording of Leonard Cohen's concert on Tuesday 17 December 2013, in Wellington, New Zealand. My boyfriend attended and mentioned the other day how much he would value having footage of the evening. I was hoping to track something down for his birthday. Thanks in advance.
sturgess66

Re: Looking for 2013 concert footage from Wellington New Zealand

Post by sturgess66 »

TheGirlfriend - there are individual videos from that show posted in the Concert Report - along with lots of other info - pictures/media etc..
Page Two of the Concert Report has links to some excellent videos posted on YouTube by Wirebirds.

Here's the link: https://www.leonardcohenforum.com/viewt ... 79&t=34789

Linda
TheGirlfriend

Post by TheGirlfriend »

Incredible! Thank you Linda :D And sorry if this was a really obvious find for you - this was my first time on a forum so was at a loss how it all works but your reply gave me exactly what I was looking for. Cheers.
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

Cheers to you, TheGirlfriend. You're welcome - I just happened to know where to look. I'm glad that there is good video available from that show! :D
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Hi

I just checked my collection of audience recordings, but I don't think this concert has been made available yet... Perhaps it might still surface, let's hope so. I'm not sure it's been taped by one of our forum members...

Meanwhile, enjoy the videos: they're well worth watching!
Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
TheGirlfriend

Post by TheGirlfriend »

Thanks Maarten :) What is the information at the bottom of your post? I thought they might be hyperlinks but they are not accessible for me. I see there is reference to '2xWellington' in 2013, which is the concert I am interested in.

I was hoping to have the video recordings provided by Linda put on laserdisc - but I'm struggling to find someone (in New Zealand) who can do that for me, so am instead looking to have audio cut to vinyl.
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Hi

The cities in my signature represent all the concerts I went to during the last World Tour, so I was in NZ and Wellington aswell for the final concerts…
Regarding the audio for the Wellington concert: I'll keep you informed if anything Surfaces.

All the best
Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland

Return to “Comments & Questions”