Album recommendation please!

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
prettylies

Album recommendation please!

Post by prettylies »

Hi LC fans. I'm currently having a real phase of listening to Songs of Love and Hate. For some reason the album is really speaking to me at the moment. Alongside that, I'm listening pretty much obsessively to Nick Cave's album From Her To Eternity (the Avalanche link being how I naturally progressed from one to the other!).

It's immensely enjoyable to be so immersed in these two albums, but I feel like there is a third out there that would naturally fit in. I thought Patti Smith's Horses might work, but it's not quite right.

Has anyone got any recommendations for me? It's the glowering black energy of the two albums that's working for me at the moment...

Thanks in advance!
elissasmart

Re: Album recommendation please!

Post by elissasmart »

If I were you I'd choose Joy Division's Unknown Pleasure as the closing album. Or you can give a try to Cure. They have similar moods. If nothing fits let me know, I work as a research paper helper on musical topics so I can give you a lot of advice what to listen and how to get the right mood! (I have listened to a ton of music, A TON)

Return to “Comments & Questions”