Help with Boston shows in the 1970's

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
199Dan

Help with Boston shows in the 1970's

Post by 199Dan »

Hello , I was lucky to go to 2 shows in Boston at the Berklee College of Music back in the 70's . I have checked with the college and they can not find the dates, so here is my request does anyone remember the dates and were any members there ? :?:
I was able to meet and speak with Leonard. He signed a piece of art for me.
Thanks ! :D
B4real

Re: Help with Boston shows in the 1970's

Post by B4real »

Hi Dan,

I just did a quick check and the only concert I found in the 70’s that Leonard played in Boston was on 09 Feb 1975 at Symphony Hall. Two days before that he was in New York and one day after it, in Montreal.

He did play a Boston concert on 04 May 1985 and it was at Berklee Performing Centre.

He is mentioned here in this link in association with Berklee but no dates unfortunately -
https://www.berklee.edu/news/berklee-pe ... nniversary
In 1972, it was sold to Berklee College of Music, along with the adjoining Sherry Biltmore Hotel. After four years of extensive renovation, the venue reopened in 1976 as a state-of-the-art concert hall, rechristened the Berklee Performance Center. Today, the venue hosts more than 200 events per year and is at the core of Boston's entertainment and cultural community, with concerts by talented Berklee students, faculty, and visiting artists, as well as a wide variety of productions presented by outside promoters, arts presenters, and community organizations. Chick Corea, Mavis Staples, Celine Dion, Leonard Cohen, John Mayer, and Sonny Rollins, are just a few of the many notable acts that have performed at the venue.
I know I haven’t solved your request but maybe it's something to work on for you.

...and that's a wonderful memory for you to have of Leonard 8)
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
199Dan

Re: Help with Boston shows in the 1970's

Post by 199Dan »

Thanks for the info B4real !

Return to “Comments & Questions”