Mysterious Leonard Cohen "1967 studio sessions" album - any information?

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
LisaLCFan

Re: Mysterious Leonard Cohen "1967 studio sessions" album - any information?

Postby LisaLCFan » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:27 am

its4inthemorning wrote: I was just offering an opinion and did not think it would offend.
Oh, I'm not offended. I expressed what I thought were facts based on something I'd read previously, and you expressed a contrary opinion -- that's life on an internet forum! I simply have nothing more to say on this subject, thus I was bowing out of the discussion. Carry on!
Tyralot

Postby Tyralot » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:45 am

Hello everyone!

I totally forgot about this thread, thank you everyone for your responses! To answer B4real's question, I didn't download any of the songs (who knows if I would have been able to keep them after the deletion of the album), however I did manage to listen to a large number of them. One I found particularly interesting was an earlier rendition of the song "Take this Longing." It was entitled "The Bells" and I believe a version of it was sung by Buffy St. Marie at some point. It was really cool to see how the lyrics evolved between the two versions.
I also seem to remember about 10 versions of "Hey, that's no way to say goodbye," but with rocking guitars, African beats - etc. Anyhow, it would be really fascinating to hear it again - hopefully someone will be able to dig it up somewhere. And thanks for all your help everyone, I'm a bit surprised that no-one else has heard it!
B4real

Postby B4real » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:04 am

Thanks Tyralot, for your response!

Let's hope someone will come forward with at least some of the songs so we can listen too ;-)
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!

Return to “Comments & Questions”