Leonard's stage sound system

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
RoRoWalker

Leonard's stage sound system

Post by RoRoWalker »

Can anyone please tell me the name of the company that designed and manufactured Leonard's stage sound system? Sincerely R.Walker
its4inthemorning

Re: Leonard's stage sound system

Post by its4inthemorning »

I think it might show up in the credits for Live In London, check that out.
2010 DECEMBER 10 - CAESARS COLOSSEUM, LAS VEGAS / 2012 SEPTEMBER 28 - L'OLYMPIA, PARIS
2012 OCTOBER 3 - PALAU SANT JORDI, BARCELONA / 2012 DECEMBER 13 - K-ROCK CENTRE, KINGSTON
2013 APRIL 6 - RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL, NEW YORK CITY / 2013 JULY 9 - PIAZZA NAPOLEONE, LUCCA
2017 NOVEMBER 4-8 - MONTREAL "TOWER OF SONG" CELEBRATION - RIP, YOU GOT ME SINGING!
MarieM

Post by MarieM »

Here's an article about the company.

http://www.prosoundweb.com/types/news/l ... yer_sound/
Marie
Speaking Cohen
RoRoWalker

Post by RoRoWalker »

Many thanks for the replies - MarieM's was perfect and took me straight to the information I was looking for.

I had been singing the praises of Leonard's sound system to a West-coast Canadian Folk group [the Fugitives] who were playing in our local venue in Llandrindod Wells. The Fugitives were huge LC fans and had written and played a very moving tribute song about Leonard's musical legacy. I promised to try to find out who manufactured the system so they had something to aspire to for when they made it big.

My Canadian wife and I attended many of Leonard's gigs in UK and as a lifelong speaker aficionado, I always marveled at the clarity of the sound regardless of whether he played the massive O2 arena London or a 500 seater in Brighton. Easily the best stage system I ever heard. Sincerely R.Walker
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

"...............or a 500 seater in Brighton."

Are you missing another nought? Pretty sure the Brighton Centre holds 4500 and it looked fairly full for Leonard's gigs there in 2008 and 2013. Even around 1979 when LC played the Dome in Brighton that held over 1700, wonderful night, sound there was superb.
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones

Return to “Comments & Questions”