Multiple identities

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
cohenadmirer

Re: Multiple identities

Post by cohenadmirer » Sun May 10, 2015 5:42 pm

Yes was kind of kidding about google translate- but with a point .
Never suggested anything about multiple identities in my last post .
Just a personal thing , just don't have any desire to persue potential meanings in her posts but very glad for any forum members who do and find that worthwhile !
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Sun May 10, 2015 9:34 pm

That's fine, too... and everyone's right, of course. Don't know exactly who anyone has in mind for the multiples. I know of only one person who does that... and they're not in this thread under their own name. So, I was just eliminating two people off your potential suspects list [yours and the others who are concerned about this issue].

My only serious suggestion is that if you choose to ignore someone's postings for what you deem as worthwhile reasons that suit you, that you not demean the way that person expresses themselves in them. What does it accomplish? Nothing. What does it achieve? Ill will. So, my suggestion is that if you ignore, then just let it go altogether.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Tchocolatl

Post by Tchocolatl » Mon May 11, 2015 1:26 am

Vicomte, you will understand that I have to write this last one (here).

Cohenadmirer, I did not want to hurt you, or to make fun of you. Or anything like that. I just wanted to have fun with you. I don't care if you dislike my posts, I just don't want you to do high pressure for nothing every time you see one of them.

Liz, now, that would be the smart thing to do for me, to face anything here with another identity. A virgin one. A male with a long-time wife at his arm, posting straight posts supported by a garland of international places of concerts. Obviously I am not smart enough.That's why the lady is a tramp.
"He can love the shape of human beings, the fine and twisted shapes of the heart. It is good to have among us such men, such balancing monsters of love."

Leonard Cohen
Beautiful Losers
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Mon May 11, 2015 3:26 am

LOL, Tchoc. It actually only has to do with being up front and honest [whoa, such danger there]. I've posted so much under my own name here, which directly relates to my given name, with a picture to boot in the Beautiful Losers photo gallery. Have nothing to hide, and the ones who are complaining about this would not warrant my taking on some new identity after so many years, just so I could post as not me. That would make no sense at all.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Tchocolatl

Post by Tchocolatl » Mon May 11, 2015 5:40 pm

Now I may come in the name of High Jack if I continue. The High Unconscious Jack. So this is really the last one (here), Liz.

BdW, Frank, that was comic, I enjoyed. (As for my nick, do you remember the ad ? People shaking the box to produce the particular noise?). But any effort toward lightness in that conversation is lost in "non-sense".

Whoa, Liz, I am a bird on a thread, that's all and that's it. Jarkko picked up the best song to put on the front door, The Guests. Everybody has style and fashion of his and her very own.
"He can love the shape of human beings, the fine and twisted shapes of the heart. It is good to have among us such men, such balancing monsters of love."

Leonard Cohen
Beautiful Losers
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer » Mon May 11, 2015 6:52 pm

Tchocolatl wrote:Vicomte, you will understand that I have to write this last one (here).

Cohenadmirer, I did not want to hurt you, or to make fun of you. Or anything like that. I just wanted to have fun with you. I don't care if you dislike my posts, I just don't want you to do high pressure for nothing every time you see one of them.

Liz, now, that would be the smart thing to do for me, to face anything here with another identity. A virgin one. A male with a long-time wife at his arm, posting straight posts supported by a garland of international places of concerts. Obviously I am not smart enough.That's why the lady is a tramp.
Hi Tchocolatl

You come across a very nice person, especially in your clearly compassionate comments above . I've never felt in any way hurt by you or made a fool of , and would encourage you to make whatever posts you want to in your one and only forum identity . I and a couple of others have said we find many of the posts , though not all , difficult to understand ( and ideally i would like to ).That's all - not your fault , not my fault , and no big deal in the grand scheme of things . David
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013

Return to “Comments & Questions”