Sharon Robinson in L.A. Dec. 5

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
rnielsen

Sharon Robinson in L.A. Dec. 5

Post by rnielsen »

Any reviews from Sharon's show last night ?
mutti

Re: Sharon Robinson in L.A. Dec. 5

Post by mutti »

It was wonderful to hear Sharon's performance at the Hotel Cafe in Los Angeles on Friday night. To hear her voice again and have the opportunity to hear her sing was so familiar and at the same time fresh and new. She looked beautiful, elegant and at home with herself.
She sang beautifully. She sang a lot of familiar songs of Leonard's (and some she co wrote) bringing back lots of memories. Hearing Alexandra Leaving, Back on Boogie Street and others was divine. Sharon has a new album coming out and she sang songs she wrote that were touching and very good.
Her son Michael played piano and guitar on 2 songs with Sharon. It was awesome to hear them together. She played on the keyboard as well as singing with a man named JJ playing the trumpet. I am so glad I had the opportunity to be there to see her. It was well worth the journey.
She is so down to earth and has a great sense of humour. I had seen her perform in San Francisco a few years ago and enjoyed myself at both concerts.
After the show Sharon so graciously signed her book "On Tour with Leonard Cohen". It was so nice to see her again and have a short chat.
If you get a chance to hear Sharon in NYC or Toronto make sure to go. I've been to Hugh's Room (Toronto) to see a friend of mine Harry Manx play a few years ago and its a larger venue than Hotel Cafe but also as intimate.
I am hoping she will do more concerts in the future. Hearing Sharon's voice and songs was well worth it.
I also had the pleasure of going with Joy E and Steve P which made the evening a lot of fun!
Thanks Sharon for a great performance.
Leslie (Mutti) 8)
Last edited by mutti on Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
rnielsen

Post by rnielsen »

Thanks for the review
It was one of the grandchildren's birthday or I would have gone.
Only for Leonard or Sharon would we go from San Diego to L.A.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Yes, thanks for the great review, mutti!
Hoping to one day be able to see her perform solo [as in without Leonard ;) , unless with Leonard becomes once again an option].
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde

Return to “Comments & Questions”