New Unified Hearts Logo

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
Cheshire gal

New Unified Hearts Logo

Post by Cheshire gal » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:47 am

Can anyone explain what the 'eye' symbolizes?
'...and here's a man still working for your little smile' -Leonard Cohen
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
HelenOE

Re: New Unified Hearts Logo

Post by HelenOE » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:11 am

I haven't seen this version of the logo. Does anyone have a link to a picture of it?
holydove

Post by holydove » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:04 am

Cheshire gal wrote:Can anyone explain what the 'eye' symbolizes?
I think it might represent the "third "eye", which is known as the ajna chakra in Hindu, yogic & Buddhist teachings; it's located between & slightly above the eyebrows & it's an energy center that's associated with higher consciousness,the inner teacher or guru, spiritual wisdom, vision which is beyond ordinary sight - when that chakra is opened, one gains the ability to see & connect with realms beyond the 3-dimensional earthly realm.
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:20 am

I know there are different takes on the "eye" symbol, but I personally got bad vibes when I first saw it, because of its association with the Illuminati / New World Order.
I felt that the entwined hearts were a much more pure symbol without the "eye" (which was also a symbol used by Aleister Crowley). Here's one piece on its meaning:

http://www.december212012.com/articles/ ... _Order.htm
Cheshire gal

Post by Cheshire gal » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:54 am

John, I have to agree with you about having bad vibes about this addition to an otherwise beautiful symbol. 'The Unified Hearts'.
I was wondering if anyone else felt the same way. I was very sad to see this. I would not purchase anything with this on it.
I would like to know who decided to add this symbol.
'...and here's a man still working for your little smile' -Leonard Cohen
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
HelenOE

Post by HelenOE » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:01 am

I still don't know what it looks like! I didn't see it on the merch page... anybody have a link?
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:24 am

Cheshire gal - I think you've asked a very important question. Exactly who chose to use the "eye" symbol, and was it Leonard, who refers to the "higher eye" in "Different Sides".

Helen - The new symbol has an eye in the centre of the United Hearts logo, turning it into a symbol that more closely resembles the eye in the triangle than the star of David.

Here are two interesting articles that have a more positive take on the "eye in the triangle symbol". The first is from Temple Illuminatus who I am not familiar with:

http://www.templeilluminatus.com/forum/ ... e-triangle

The second makes links with Rudolf Steiner who was a great initiate, and whose teachings Leonard is almost certainly aware of.

http://www.blueprint4creation.com/holytrinity.htm
MarieM

Post by MarieM » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:10 am

Here is the development of the logo throughout the tour:

Marie
Speaking Cohen
HelenOE

Post by HelenOE » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:38 am

Thank you, Marie! I don't think I'd care to be stared at by my tote bag either, but could it be an "evil eye" (i.e., a talisman meant to ward off trouble)?
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:14 pm

Helen - I find it hard to believe that anyone would just suddenly plant an "evil eye" in the middle of the unified hearts symbol. I suspect that if Leonard put the symbol there, it represents the "higher eye". However, if it was put there by someone in the music industry...well, read this article and draw your own conclusions!

http://warningilluminati.wordpress.com/ ... as-a-joke/

By the way (very important) - if you watch the video with the article, ignore the "your computer is slow" message that appears over the video.

"I told the truth, I didn't come to fool you".
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:06 pm

Having seen the picture of Jay Z making the triangle symbol (see article) that is on the middle T-shirt (see Marie's pictures) you will see how the unified heart symbol has been transformed into an Illuminati symbol. I have no doubt about this. I also wonder if anyone has "advised" Leonard to remove songs like "Anthem" & "Sisters of Mercy"?

"I made a date in heaven, but I'm keeping it in hell"?
Last edited by John Etherington on Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:11 pm

It was jarring/disturbing for me when I first saw it, too. My thought was "Why!?! Why was it necessary to put that in there??"
After consorting with myself awhile, I finally gave in to having it... and chose the Greek 'evil eye' interpretation, as Helen has described, and just let it go, preferring to have it as part of the 'development' of Leonard items. It was the only interpretation I could abide.
Will go read/watch the links when I have time.
Glad this issue got brought up.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:48 pm

Lizzy - I can't find my original post, but when the eye T-shirt was first revealed on here, I did make the illuminati link. I remember asking whether Leonard was doing a new world tour or a New World Order Tour!
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:21 pm

So, based on John's theory, America is also controlled by the Illuminati, which can clearly be supported by the image on their one-dollar bill:

(p.s. I think that they eye in the centre of the unified heart is creepy.)
Attachments
090915-02-dollar-bill_big.jpg
IMM

Post by IMM » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:35 pm

Perhaps a bit campy ?

Return to “Comments & Questions”