The birds they Tweeted at break of day...

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
HelenOE

Re: The birds they Tweeted at break of day...

Postby HelenOE » Tue May 07, 2013 11:58 pm

I am playing hip-hop, R&B, skiffle, Morris dancing music, Leonard Cohen, jazz fusion and Ne-Yo at @rguunion right now. Some of this is true.
Cada día encuentro más artistas que admiran a Leonard Cohen. Faith in humanity restored.
Every day I meet more artists who admire Leonard Cohen. Faith in humanity restored.
Leonard Cohen playlist in the bath? Don't mind if I do
HelenOE

Postby HelenOE » Wed May 08, 2013 2:59 am

Listening to Leonard Cohen taking me back to when my best friend and I used to play Polly pockets. I don't know why that image comes to mind
Tras casi un mes con el piercing infectado,al fin se me ha curado...(Leonard Cohen con su coro cantando Allellujah)
After almost a month with the piercing infected, it has finally healed... (Leonard Cohen and his choir singing Halleluah)
I've decided if Leonard Cohen dies before me I'm getting a tatoo of his lyrics done Paul Anto sort it out....
HelenOE

Postby HelenOE » Wed May 08, 2013 10:02 am

Here's a whole short story, done in four tweets:
J Saúl Escobedo S‏@jusaesan3h
El recuerdo de esa tarde en aquel café, Leonard Cohen sonaba en la rocola cuando ella dijo que estudiaba en la Septién... (1)

The memory of that afternoon in that café, Leonard Cohen was playing on the jukebox when she said she was studying at the Septién
Después de besar sus labios se perdió en la lluviosa tarde sobre la calle, dejándome callado y atonito... (2)

After kissing her lips, she was lost in the rainy afternoon on the street, leaving me silent and stunned...
A 9 años de esa tarde aún sigo cuestionándome por la actitud de esa desconocida. (3)

Nine years after that afternoon, I still wonder about the attitude of that unknown woman.
Y hoy como aquel lluvioso viernes la misma canción de Leonard Cohen sigue sonando. (4) http://youtu.be/hkVa8L8A0Q8

And today like that rainy Friday the same Leonard Cohen song is still playing. http://youtu.be/hkVa8L8A0Q8
HelenOE

Postby HelenOE » Wed May 08, 2013 5:05 pm

Every now and then I am overcome by my fear that Leonard Cohen may die before I ever see him again.

It makes me cry.
¿Qué, pongo a Leonard Cohen en mi CV? As in, ≈El último año, nociones estéticas mayores me fueron reveladas...≈

What, shall I put Leonard Cohen in my CV? As in, "In the past year, greater esthetic notions were revealed to me..."
HelenOE

Postby HelenOE » Wed May 08, 2013 10:49 pm

♡ ‏@__sbell7m
Hice un mix otoñal y no puse Simon & Garfunkel, Leonard Cohen y Neil Young porque maduré. (Yporquevoyahacerunasegundaparte).

I made an autumnal mix and I didn't put in Simon & Garfunkel, Leonard Cohen and Neil Young because I grew up (AndbecauseI'mgoingtodoasecondpart)
Also, Leonard had a bit of an encounter with the Why My Cat Is Sad meme:
WHY MY CAT IS SAD‏@MYSADCAT2h
My cat is sad because he is worried that Leonard Cohen might be even sadder than him. pic.twitter.com/lKDuOHVUlI
Downthread, somebody warned against letting the cat listen to "One Of Us Cannot Be Wrong," so I stepped up, did my fanly duty, and posted the link to the concert video of "Save the Last Dance" from Gent last year, along with my hope that this would set the cat's mind at ease.
HelenOE

Postby HelenOE » Thu May 09, 2013 7:30 am

Descubrí que Leonard Cohen tiene un poema con mi nombre y es lo mejor que me ha pasado en el día.

I discovered that Leonard Cohen has a poem with my name and it's the best thing that's happened to me all day.
A partir de hoy voy a aceptar todos los libros de Leonard Cohen que me quieran regalar.

Starting today I'm going to accept all the Leonard Cohen books that you want to give me.
HelenOE

Postby HelenOE » Thu May 09, 2013 4:18 pm

Madmen. I don't care about these men or their wives anymore. Can't Joanie run off with Leonard Cohen and move into the Chelsea hotel.
when i grow old i want to be like leonard cohen. hat and all.
HelenOE

Postby HelenOE » Fri May 10, 2013 11:38 pm

Asoman tímidos y tibios rayos de sol por las nubes a mi paso por la Castellana, mientras suena el inefable e intemporal Leonard Cohen.
Rays of sun, timid and warm, peer through the clouds as I walk down La Castellana, while the ineffable and timeless Leonard Cohen plays.
[ed. note: La Castellana is a street in Madrid]
Listen to Leonard Cohen's halelalula and then listen to it again and again. Most song writers say among the best lyrics ever
[ed. note: I'm assuming this must be the long-lost Hawaiian version?]
Imagine how great it must smell inside Leonard Cohen's hat.
[ed. note: I'm sure it does. LC isn't the kind of guy to neglect sartorial details, I'm confident that he uses something pleasant to control his hair]
HelenOE

Postby HelenOE » Sat May 11, 2013 4:40 am

Hay otra de Leonard Cohen, pero no es suficiente para paliar el trauma que pillé al escuchar la de reggeaton...
There's another one by Leonard Cohen, but it's not sufficient to ease the trauma I got from listening to the reggaeton one...
you have to be in the mood for Leonard Cohen but when you are it's the most perfect thing ever
I was born in 1971 shaped as a Leonard Cohen record.
Solo Leonard Cohen puede hacerme volar.....
Only Leonard Cohen can make me fly....
HelenOE

Postby HelenOE » Sat May 11, 2013 5:04 am

Here's a very interesting little string of tweets within the last few minutes from Buenos Aires... either possible news or a crushing disappointment for some porteños.
Ailatan‏@AilatanMyopic
@encerradoafuera Viene Leonard Cohen! #Hallelujah
Leonard Cohen is coming! #Hallelujah
encerradoafuera‏@encerradoafuera
@AilatanMyopic en serio??? Por fin!!!
Seriously??? At last!!!
encerradoafuera‏@encerradoafuera
En serio viene Leonard Cohen? Con eso no se jode!
Seriously, Leonard Cohen is coming? Don't screw around about that!
HelenOE

Postby HelenOE » Sat May 11, 2013 4:49 pm

The morning's Twitter conversation:
¿Cómo no me he dado cuenta de que existía Leonard Cohen hasta ahora?
How did I not realize until now that Leonard Cohen existed?
lo escucha mi padre...
my father listens to him...
Dile a tu padre que sabe de música. Aprende de él hostia XD
Tell your father he knows music. Learn from him dammit XD
[translator's note: choice of swear word indicates this comes from Spain 8) ]
TheWrongMan

Postby TheWrongMan » Sat May 11, 2013 9:48 pm

Hi Helen,

Just spent a pleasant 5 minutes waiting for the rain to stop reading the tweets, please keep them coming.
1993:London RAH 2008:London O2 x 2, London RAH, Brighton 2009:Weybridge, Liverpool, Barcelona 2010: Lille 2012:Wembly 2013:London O2
HelenOE

Postby HelenOE » Sun May 12, 2013 6:11 am

Nobody cares to speculate on why the guy was so sure Leonard Cohen was coming to Buenos Aires? :shock:
HelenOE

Postby HelenOE » Sun May 12, 2013 10:16 am

Cada vez que escucho/veo el DVD de Leonard Cohen, vuelvo a creer en los humanos.
Whenever I listen to/see the Leonard Cohen DVD, I believe in humans again.
tanto hablas de Leonard Cohen, que lo busque en la Red y me encanto hoy entiendo cuando hablaste de su elegancia en tu programa
you talk about Leonard Cohen so much, that I looked for him on the Net and I'm charmed today I understand when you talked about his elegance on your program.
And lastly a tweet from a celebrity:
“@pattonoswalt: Did Leonard Cohen ever write a tune called "I'm Fat and Everything Hurts?" 'Cause I need a theme song.
HelenOE

Postby HelenOE » Mon May 13, 2013 2:09 am

Anyone who thinks Phil Spector didn't commit murder until recently never heard the work he did with Leonard Cohen.
That thing where your dad tells you of the sexually explicit details found in the new Leonard Cohen book.
Erm...shut up Bob Dylan, Leonard Cohen is talking.

Return to “Comments & Questions”