I'm curious.....

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
kg7

I'm curious.....

Post by kg7 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:43 pm

Having been in and out of the Dublin 2012 RHK concert topic for the last week or so, I'm struck by the dedication and knowledge of Leonard's keen fanbase. This got me wondering which other artist influences prevail amongst his fans and what or who brought Leonard to your attention!

For me, I still have my vinyl copy of "Songs of Leonard Cohen" which I used to listen to him in the '70's! However, it was really David Gilmour of Pink Floyd, whose glowing comments having seen Leonard perform in London's 02 arena in 2008, that reignited my interest. Some of you will know that David's admiration is remarked on in the sleeve notes contained within the Live in London DVD. Since then I've been to see Leonard twice, Dublin's 02 2009 and last week at the RHK.

So I guess my thanks is due to David Gilmour that I have had the fortune to have seen Leonard live and have learned to really appreciate his talent!
seadove

Re: I'm curious.....

Post by seadove » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:56 am

These comments.... were they written on ... The Wall? :-)
IMM

Post by IMM » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:00 am

seadove wrote:These comments.... were they written on ... The Wall? :-)
If they were - then - are they the words of the prophets discussed on Wednesday morning at about 3 am?
I'm just wondering how crowded it has become and whether or not the wall needs another brick (for extra writing space). :razz:
kg7

Post by kg7 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:53 pm

seadove wrote:These comments.... were they written on ... The Wall? :-)
Well The Wall belongs to Roger.....but that's a whole other story! ;-)

Anyway, with the passing of time (and not enough time to locate them in David's website) these are the best I can find (via David's blog master).

http://www.davidgilmourblog.com/2009/07/canada-day.html

Return to “Comments & Questions”