My new Leonard Cohen website

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
musicmania

My new Leonard Cohen website

Post by musicmania » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:11 am

While waiting for my review of the Ghent concerts to be published and nothing happening I had the idea to put all my Leonard Cohen writings, photos and videos in the one place. I created a Wordpress page and starting at the beginning for me and my first concert in 2009 and then worked my way up to and including the Ghent concerts. Everything is in the order that it happened and everything on the page is all my own work with the exception of a few of the photos which I am in but I give the credit to those who took those photos.
Click on the categories on the left of the page to see all the posts attached to a given category and don't worry friends I've only picked the very best of my photos so not hundreds to scroll through ;-) I'm not thinking that people are going to read everything but I would like if people did have a look and tell me what they think! I am really looking forward to updating this during the Dublin concerts and also when I go to Canada for Montreal and Toronto. I'm also planning when time allows to review each of Leonard's albums (I haven't even being brave enough to do Old Ideas yet!!!) However this must wait until at least after the Dublin concerts as next on my to do list are making the Dublin name tags :)
I am not trying to compete with anyone elses pages as I plan to keep the page like this, as my journey.In case anyone is wondering why I have included The Webb Sisters and Adam's concerts it is because I discovered them through Leonard and consider them part of my journey.

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey:
http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
Cheshire gal

Re: My new Leonard Cohen website

Post by Cheshire gal » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:22 am

We can never have too many L.C. websites. Keeps us all up to date and there is always something interesting to checkout.
Good luck with it.
'...and here's a man still working for your little smile' -Leonard Cohen
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
bridger15

Post by bridger15 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:34 am

Congratulations, Gwen! You have a fabulous blog.
I'm looking forward to your future reports, photos and videos.
You rock!

---Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
Goldin

Post by Goldin » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:44 am

Lots of photos and comprehensive reviews. That's exactly what is needed! Looking forward for more (concerts), and more (albums), and more...
Also, let me say it again, your soundcheck video experience is so much appreciated.

Good luck!
Roman aka Hermitage Prisoner
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:47 am

It's your personal journey Gwen so you don't have to justify who is or isn't included.

Good luck with the blog. It's something I've always thought about and never got round to doing. Arlene and now you have put me to shame.

Wendy
leonardthecat

Post by leonardthecat » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:57 am

Great blog Gwen, well done. Look forward to it growing as you get to more wonderful LC concerts. Make sure you have me with you as your official photographer! M.
musicmania

Post by musicmania » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:35 am

Thanks for the comments of support friends. I'm glad you all like it and I look forward to many more postings. Leonardthecat you will always be my official LC photographer ;-)

Now I have my own LC website I can publish my reviews straight away :D

Wendy you still could do something like this and your would be fascinating to read.
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

B4real

Post by B4real » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:37 am

Good on you Gwen 8) You've done a great job! .... and obviously, it's a labour of love :)
I look forward to travelling with you (word-wise that is) on your new venture!
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
musicmania

Post by musicmania » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:40 am

B4real wrote:Good on you Gwen 8) You've done a great job! .... and obviously, it's a labour of love :)
I look forward to travelling with you (word-wise that is) on your new venture!
Thank you Bev, it sure is a labour of love, like the other labour of love which I must return to today, making the Dublin name tags :D

bridger15

Post by bridger15 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:47 am

"musicmania:"
Wendy you still could do something like this and your would be fascinating to read.
Wendy: I agree with Gwen. You would bring your own unique view to bear which is always refreshing.
I started mine two years ago because I couldn't find my own posts on the forum and I needed a "filing system".

Go for it, Wendy.

----Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:57 am

bridger15 wrote:
"musicmania:"
Wendy: I agree with Gwen. You would bring your own unique view to bear which is always refreshing.
I started mine two years ago because I couldn't find my own posts on the forum and I needed a "filing system".

Go for it, Wendy.

----Arlene
Thank you both for your support and encouragement. I never had the time to do anything when I was working and/or on the road almost continually during the 2008-10 tour but it was something I intended to do when the touring stopped. I did sort out most of my photos in early 2011 but then I got rushed in to hospital and things went downhill from there. Maybe when this part of the tour is finished and/or I am grounded after my next surgery .....

Wendy
musicmania

Post by musicmania » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:19 pm

Mabeanie1 wrote: Thank you both for your support and encouragement. I never had the time to do anything when I was working and/or on the road almost continually during the 2008-10 tour but it was something I intended to do when the touring stopped. I did sort out most of my photos in early 2011 but then I got rushed in to hospital and things went downhill from there. Maybe when this part of the tour is finished and/or I am grounded after my next surgery .....

Wendy
Well I hope your health is ok and that if you do your own blog that it will be on downtime and not because surgery has grounded you.

kg7

Post by kg7 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:29 pm

Gwen, (I've been calling you musicmania 'till now), just discovered your website - I stand in total admiration. Really excellent and clearly a labour of love. You deserve to meet Leonard (maybe you have). Well done.
musicmania

Post by musicmania » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:55 am

kg7 wrote:Gwen, (I've been calling you musicmania 'till now), just discovered your website - I stand in total admiration. Really excellent and clearly a labour of love. You deserve to meet Leonard (maybe you have). Well done.
Thanks you Kg7. Yes I have met Leonard, a few times now and they were the best moments of my life.

lightasabreeze

Post by lightasabreeze » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:11 am

Yes, it is great. I was thinking.. if only you were around and recorded it all from the 1970's. Oh now I am being just plain greedy. I gather you are young, therefore later finding him. Good job you did.
Somebody must have died for you
A Thousand Kisses Deep

London 02 x 3..... Radio city New York... Wet Weybridge..... Wembley Arena... Brighton..

Return to “Comments & Questions”