A dream I had.......

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
Rain

A dream I had.......

Post by Rain » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:58 pm

Okay all you dream interpreters out there....this is the absolute truth, I'm not making any of it up....I woke up this morning, having a dream that I was riding in a car with LC. He was in the backseat and I was riding in the front with Javier Mas DRIVING!!!!!!!! He reached up around my shoulders with his arms around both the head rest of the passenger seat, and me, and clasped both my hands together; it was so real, I felt the bones and veins rolling around on the top of his hands. He smiled, thanked Javier-- for driving him, I guess-- and left the car, going into some tall building...... Then I woke up. I sure hope this is some sort of premonition! :shock: :D

--Rain
MaryB

Re: A dream I had.......

Post by MaryB » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:15 pm

Can't interpret dreams, but, I wish I'd had that dream...oooooh!
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
seadove

Post by seadove » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:13 am

You are going to meet a gypsy woman soon, who will dance for you on the table. ;-)
lightasabreeze

Post by lightasabreeze » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:09 pm

I never get dreams like that, but I thought of your dream today because I too had a dream BUT all mine was, I was trying to phone my daughter to tell her to remember to watch Leonard on our TV tonight, and her phone was not working so I could not tell her. Why can't I have your dream?
Somebody must have died for you
A Thousand Kisses Deep

London 02 x 3..... Radio city New York... Wet Weybridge..... Wembley Arena... Brighton..
Rain

Post by Rain » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:18 pm

Didn't Bob Dylan say something like "...I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in your dream..." ?

It's so funny, when you have a dream like this, it lasts what seems like 5 seconds, then you wake up and desperately want to go back to sleep, to pick up where you left off. As opposed to, if you're dreaming somebody's killing you, then it goes on for hours........ I tried to concentrate and go back to sleep, but by then it was time to get up and go to work! :roll:

The most perplexing thing about the whole dream is this: WHY was Javier Mas driving? :lol: :lol: :lol:

--Rain
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:17 pm

Isn't it nice when Leonard Cohen appears in your dreams? He's been in a few of mine, but I couldn't possibly discuss them on a public forum! ;-)
mutti

Post by mutti » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:49 am

Ok Lisa when I see you in LV puleez share with me your dreams! :lol:
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
mat james

Post by mat james » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:06 pm

Hi Rain,
I like to interpret dreams in the same way (method) that I interpret Leonard's poetry. I study the symbols.
Of course, I may be way off; but the process is fun all the same.
“I woke up this morning, having a dream that I was riding in a car with LC. He was in the backseat and I was riding in the front with Javier Mas DRIVING!!!!!!!! He reached up around my shoulders with his arms around both the head rest of the passenger seat, and me, and clasped both my hands together; it was so real, I felt the bones and veins rolling around on the top of his hands. He smiled, thanked Javier-- for driving him, I guess-- and left the car, going into some tall building...... Then I woke up.”
A “Jungian” interpretation:
Useful symbols:
Car (In your journey of life)
Backseat (Leonard is ever-present in the back of your mind. He guides you and influences you)
You in the front; -not driving (You don’t feel in control of your life, but it is O.K. because you have others around you who you feel comfortable with and you also feel confident that you will reach your destination safely as the people you place trust in for advice are very competent; they may not be “stars” but they are successful and well rounded and talented performers like Javier Mas.)
Javier Mas driving
He clasped both your hands together. (Leonard conjures up a spiritual element in your life that connects you to something greater than yourself and greater even than Leonard. He guides you and encourages you to be serenely spiritual and for this you are genuinely grateful.
Bones and veins of Leonard’s hands (You feel that he is very genuine and real and a man of substance.)
He smiled and thanked Javier (Leonard teaches us, by example, the beauty of humility by appreciating those who assist him and also guide him (Driver) on his own journey through life.)
Tall building (Leonard gets out at his self proclaimed terminus; Tower of Song. Here in the Tower of musical endeavor, where talent is enshrined, he will find a room is always there for him.)

It is a positive dream on many fronts, Rain.
It is about contentment and the beauty of shared appreciation.
I like your dream, :)

Mat.
"Without light or guide, save that which burned in my heart." San Juan de la Cruz.
Rain

Post by Rain » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:49 pm

That is a beautiful and completely insightful interpretation! I thought about the "Tower of Song" thing too....makes perfect sense.

You're right, most of the time I don't feel in control of my life, but WHO does?......

......but, I'm more than happy to let Mr. Mas or Mr. Cohen do the driving!!!!! :D :D :D
mat james

Post by mat james » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:03 am

You're right, most of the time I don't feel in control of my life, but WHO does?......
Yes; and I think the dream is suggesting that you are happy not being in control. Not everyone has the need to control things, and this is a sign of contentment, I think. You are in the "front seat" and happy with the view and the journey and content to be navigating but not necessarily driving. 8) ;-) .
......but, I'm more than happy to let Mr. Mas or Mr. Cohen do the driving!!!!! :D :D :D
Enjoy the ride!

Mat.
"Without light or guide, save that which burned in my heart." San Juan de la Cruz.
KaimiK

Post by KaimiK » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:05 am

I love that interpretation! I'm going to have to start remembering my dreams and posting them here...
You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. You folded your distance back into my heart.

Return to “Comments & Questions”