Way off topic question - full body scanner at LV airport

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
Byron
Location: Mad House, Eating Tablets, Cereals, Jam, Marmalade and HONEY, with Albert

Re: Way off topic question - full body scanner at LV airport

Post by Byron » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:46 pm

A quote from Elizabeth...

"Because our bodies have muscular memory, when the bones [body] are repositioned to a different [appropriate] position, the muscles react with a "that's not where those bones or WE belong... and the muscles gradually move the bones back into the status quo [albeit wrong] position. On the second visit, the muscles are 'reminded' that they need to be holding the bones in 'this' [new!] position... still, the muscles are slow to learn.
Then, on the third visit, the muscles begin to realize that 'maybe' there's a new thing going on here that MIGHT be okay... so they take longer in returning to the bones back to their original [albeit wrong] position.

After two to three weeks of this process, the muscles are adapting to the new position and the strong message that they need to focus elsewhere [on maintaining the NEW ~ and correct ~ position]."

That's all very well lizzie dear, but bones or no bones .........................................................what the hell is going on, when as I get older and older, me bloody bladder muscles refuse to conform to any sort of 'appropriate memories' ???? It's hell down there girl !!!

Matron !!! ..................it's happened again.......god, this is so embarrassing...... :oops:
"Bipolar is a roller-coaster ride without a seat belt. One day you're flying with the fireworks; for the next month you're being scraped off the trolley" I said that.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:34 pm

Oooooooooo... now you've asked a question I have no answer for. Afraid the muscles are a different type? Not skeletal-related? Uhmmmmmmm... there are measures that can be taken, but not sure what they are. Have you spent a good deal of time Googling that issue? Could be worth some time, eh?

~ Lizzy :)
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Byron
Location: Mad House, Eating Tablets, Cereals, Jam, Marmalade and HONEY, with Albert

Post by Byron » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:50 pm

A very tight piece of string/sellotape/elastic band etc., helps. But the 'discomfort' makes one's eyes water. "Never travel without a spare set of diapers," is what I say. :shock:
"Bipolar is a roller-coaster ride without a seat belt. One day you're flying with the fireworks; for the next month you're being scraped off the trolley" I said that.
Byron

Post by Byron » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:52 pm

lizzytysh wrote:Oooooooooo... Uhmmmmmmm... there are measures that can be taken, ~ Lizzy :)

Cheeky ;-)
seadove

Post by seadove » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:04 am

Well, at least these TSA screenings are working.....

Year to date statistics on airport screening from the Department of Homeland Security:

Terrorist Plots Discovered 0
Transvestites 133
Hernias 1,485
Hemorrhoid Cases 3,172
Enlarged Prostates 8,249
Breast Implants 59,350
Natural Blondes 3
crowded & cold

Post by crowded & cold » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:11 am

seadove wrote:Well, at least these TSA screenings are working.....

Year to date statistics on airport screening from the Department of Homeland Security:

Terrorist Plots Discovered 0
Transvestites 133
Hernias 1,485
Hemorrhoid Cases 3,172
Enlarged Prostates 8,249
Breast Implants 59,350
Natural Blondes 3
:shock:
2009 Las Vegas
2010 Las Vegas x2
remote1

Post by remote1 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:34 am

Good one Seadove! :lol:
"We are so lightly here"
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:32 am

Oh, I needed this hearty laugh, seadove.
Are you responsible for this brilliant list?
I want to be sure to give proper credit when I share it elsewhere.

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
seadove

Post by seadove » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:29 am

lizzytysh wrote:Oh, I needed this hearty laugh, seadove.
Are you responsible for this brilliant list?
I want to be sure to give proper credit when I share it elsewhere.

~ Lizzy
This is not my list. It's not the Mosad's neither. ;-)

I get about 10 mails a day from about 20 friends who live in the UK, the USA, Turkey, and Israel. I simply forward the good ones and delete the rest.

Return to “Comments & Questions”