A DAy in the Life of

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
glyn

A DAy in the Life of

Post by glyn » Wed May 12, 2004 5:27 pm

On the last page of The Sunday Times (UK) magazine there is a regular feature a day in the life of. (The other week it was Engelbert Humperdink who comes from my home town and I heard him perform before he made it at our local working men's club - now why did it have to be him when there were so many great people I could have discovered. I was in a record shop in Amsterdam and there were Engelbert Humperdink cds everywhere. The Dutch obvioulsly love him.) Anyway a celebrity describes their day. You know the kind of thing, wake up, eat a ryvita cos I'm watching my weight, work out, write a novel, have lunch with my agent and so on. About four years ago it was Leonard Cohen on his mountain being a monk that they featured. I know it was because I was in hospital and a friend brought in the article especially to cheer me up. I see now that the 100 hundred best A Day in the Life of are being published in bookform I have no idea whether Cohen is included but for those of you who like to collect everything...that was a long winded way to tell you all something not that exciting. :mrgreen:
glyn
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Thu May 13, 2004 5:21 am

:D .....and??? so??? how was Leonard's "Day in the Life" ~ did you find it enjoyable, clever, interesting, unique? Do you recall anything in particular that struck you?

Engelbert Humperdink, eh? I think we may have fallen 'in love' with him over here just because his name was one of the all-time fun names to say :wink: .
Paula

Post by Paula » Thu May 13, 2004 10:14 am

Glyn I have a copy of that magazine tucked away somewhere safe - you know when you put something in a safe place and you forget where you put it :? As soon as I find it :lol: do you want a photocopy of the article ?
glyn

Post by glyn » Thu May 13, 2004 2:06 pm

From memory the article was just about Cohen's day at the monastery. Nothing we don't know about I think. I was just pointing out to completists (in a very longwinded way) that there may be a book published by the Sunday Times that has Cohen's day in the life at the monastery. And thanks a lot really, but I don't need another copy.
glyn

Return to “Comments & Questions”