The Meaning of Life

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
lightning

The Meaning of Life

Post by lightning »

Does anyone know where to find the video where Leonard says that the "Meaning of Life" is "Da doo dum dum?" In the Live in London video he says, after Tower of Song where Sharon and the Webb Sisters chant "Da doo dum dum dum, da doo dum dum" over and over, that it is the key to all the mysteries.

Does anyone know of any other quotes from Leonard where he either alludes to knowing or not knowing the Meaning of Life?

(Such as " Please understand I never had a chart to get you to the heart of this or any other matter"--Stranger Song

This would be very helpful to someone who is writing about Leonard.
sue7

Re: The Meaning of Life

Post by sue7 »

Lightning,
At the Beacon Theater concert he talks about the answer to the "riddle of suffering and existence" and how he has been "graced" and "untangled" and the answer is "doo dum dum". It's at minute 24 in the NPR recording of the concert.
Sue
martali

Post by martali »

lightning wrote:Does anyone know where to find the video where Leonard says that the "Meaning of Life" is "Da doo dum dum?"
In "Hala Stulecia", Wroclaw, Poland on 29th of September 2008 - please see
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9M5RDEV61E at approx. 6:41

Greetings
Marta
stijnh

Post by stijnh »

a good answer was posted way in the future of this question, but as I was searching as well and came across this post I thought I might reply still. This is from Tower of Song (Live in London): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nceRfJJZcP4&t=400s

stijn

Return to “Comments & Questions”