You May Be A Leonard Cohen Fan If …

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
lizzytysh

Re: You May Be A Leonard Cohen Fan If …

Post by lizzytysh » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:44 pm

I forgot to say, B4real, that I want a copy of your book, too. You don't have to have it fancy like your original, just take it to the copier place and make copies, as is. I need it in time for Cracow, though; and we could have used it in Berlin and on Hydra, eh, Paula :lol: ?
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Paula

Post by Paula » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:26 pm

Imaginary Friend - I still have it carefully wrapped in bubble wrap. When DNA advances enough I can take it out :lol:

"Fingerprints, oh fingerprints
Where are you now my fingerprints? "
Dublin 14th June, Manchester 20th June, O2 17th July, Matlock Bandstand Aug 28, O2 14th November, Royal Albert Hall 17th and 18th November 2008, MBW 11th July 2009, Liverpool Echo 14th July 2009
dick

Post by dick » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:24 pm

Paula

I recall us labeling it the "Glass glass," since it was the Book of Longing concert that brought us all together in London. Where we were all blessed by the wondrous surprise visit from Our Man.

Knew it would stay well protected, so thanks for not letting me down.

hugs
Dick

'
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Sat May 01, 2010 4:18 am

Haha. Funny idea with the DNA, Paula :lol: . That's right! It was deemed the "Glass glass."

Meanwhile, Dick, I think your and Linda's names are written all over Leonard's childhood home. What with buying the elite versions of his artwork, you might as well hang them on the most appropriate walls of all :) .
~ Oscar Wilde
DrHGuy

Post by DrHGuy » Sun May 02, 2010 3:56 pm

1. I want to thank those who have offered their own case studies for the "You May Be A Leonard Cohen Fan If ..." listings.

2. I've created a permanent Heck Of A Guy page to consolidate all these items from the various posts (current and future). The page is cleverly called "You May Be A Leonard Cohen Fan If ..." and can be found at http://1heckofaguy.com/wp-admin/page.ph ... &post=6976

In addition to pulling all the items together in one place, I've also used this dedicated page to indicate which of those "You May Be A Leonard Cohen Fan If ..." items are fictional and, by default, which are based on actual events and behaviors. It will be no surprise to those participating in this thread to find that the vast majority of entries - and ALL of the most interesting and incredible items - are from the non-fiction category. My plan (subject to change based on the merest of whims) is to limit all future entries to non-fiction offerings.

Thanks again
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Sun May 02, 2010 7:36 pm

Don't you dare impose that limitation, Allan! Your imagination is far too brilliant to keep confined. Something's going to strike you at some point and we need to hear what that something was!

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
Cheshire gal

Post by Cheshire gal » Tue May 04, 2010 12:23 am

You take your Live in London DVD with you when babysitting three little granddaughters and tell them you are putting this on just for a 'few minutes' to see how it looks on an extra large tv set :D They rather enjoyed it.

Marie
'...and here's a man still working for your little smile' -Leonard Cohen
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
ladydi

Post by ladydi » Tue May 04, 2010 12:42 am

Hi Cheshire gal,

And by doing so you may be subliminally creating a whole new generation of Leonard fans for the future!! :D :D

All the best,
Diana
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Tue May 04, 2010 5:05 am

LOL... I love that, Cheshire gal 8) .
~ Oscar Wilde
A.Sukitu

Post by A.Sukitu » Fri May 07, 2010 7:53 pm

ps
..... you can't get out of the loop of singing "Please Don't Pass Me By" when anticipating the 2010 Tour and the UK ....
("please, baby, please, baby, please..............")
"You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. ... You gave the injury a tongue to heal itself."
Leonard Cohen in Book of Mercy (1984) Ch. 19.
DrHGuy

Posted: Signs You May Be A Leonard Cohen Fan – Part 4

Post by DrHGuy » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:59 pm

I just posted Signs You May Be A Leonard Cohen Fan – Part 4 at http://1heckofaguy.com/2010/07/21/signs ... 93-part-4/

As has become my practice, many of these items are direct contributions (ie, confessions) by fans, others are inspired by (ie, ripped off from) various Forum threads, and still others are of my own creation (ie, ripped off from undocumented sources). Two items feature grandchildren, which is, one supposes, either disconcerting or heartening, depending upon ones point of view.
mutti

Post by mutti » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:58 pm

Dr. H Guy you hit the nail right on the target once again! especially the one about passwords at work for the computer..I used to use derivatives of my husband's name but as I have to put in a new password every few months I am now admitting to using another beloved's name ;-) .
Let me ask you this...is that your Lissadell ticket on there? will we who are going be blessed with your presence?
Thank you so much for Part IV.
Love it!
Les (Mutti) :lol:
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
ladydi

Post by ladydi » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:15 pm

Shoot...my computer at work won't allow me to pull up your blog, Allan! I really must speak to my employers :roll: However from mutti's post I have a bit of an idea what it might contain, and I have to agree with her. I didn't start this until over a year ago but now virtually all my passwords are derivatives of either unified hearts, band members names, Leonard's name, and venues or city codes where I'm flying to for a concert! :D :D

Will read your whole blog as soon as I get home ;-) And many thanks in advance for the smiles and chuckles!!

Diana
Rain

Post by Rain » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:19 pm

Good grief, I've made Dr.H Guy's list 3 times. I'm guilty of wanting the photo of Leonard and Lorca. There, I admit it.

My Cohenphillic disorder is rapidly advancing also: I work in a museum and we are having an equine -themed exhibit. My boss gave me the task of coming up with a music list to play for the opening of said exhibit. Naturally, I included "Ballad of the Absent Mare" (which nobody here had ever heard of) AND also Frankie Laine's version of 'Ghost Riders in the Sky', JUST BECAUSE he's mentioned in LC's song "Memories". How's THAT for worsening symptoms? :shock:

------Rain
mydoglorca

Post by mydoglorca » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:30 pm

Oh dear!
I have loads of passwords & they are nearly all LC related. My dogs all have LC related names - one is even called Leonard. I have just printed off the recipe for Red Needle & I am going to treat myself to a bottle of Tequilla and I have saved the picture of Leonard with Lorca. I also own a blue Burberry raincoat - sadly it no longer fits! :D
1976 Bristol 1979 Birmingham 1988 RAH x 2, 1993 RAH x 2 & Madrid, 2008 Edinburgh, London O2, Cardiff, Bournemouth, RAH 17 Nov, Birmingham, Manchester 30 Nov, 2009 Weybridge, Liverpool, Dublin 19 & 20th,2010 September -Marseille, Tours, Lille, 2012 12 & 14 Aug Ghent,Wembley x22013 O2, Antwerp, Bournemouth, Manchester

Return to “Comments & Questions”