So sad Mr.Dylan, so sad

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
Dem

So sad Mr.Dylan, so sad

Post by Dem » Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:55 pm

Latest Victoria's Secret model: Bob Dylan

http://edition.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Mus ... index.html

Or Marianne would say:» Falling from Grace, falling from Grace"?
Falling from revolution to Christianity and from there to lingerie?

Oh yes Mr.Dylan we knew that you always had a greed for money but we could never imagine where this would have led you one day.

Oh yes Mr. Dylan, "people are crazy and times are strange".

Maybe it also times for our Leonard to become the "Latest Wonderbra's Secret model".

Oh yes Mr. Dylan. Yes.

Demetris
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:41 pm

I haven't even wanted to give any energy to the thought of Leonard's taking that route....the lack of dignity. However, since you've brought it up, Demetris, I expressed myself on it.

However, since Bob has put himself out there like this, has anyone given any thought [I'm sure Jay Leno and other stand-up comics have] as to whether Bob may be a cross-dresser :shock: . The ads not being that he'd love to see them on someone else, but rather that he'd love to see them on himself :P . Excuse the inexcusable tackiness of such a thought ~ however.....I'm certain I'm not the first whose mind it crossed [hmmm....there's that word, again], but others are making money with/on it, and have far better delivery :roll:

Surely, he knows that from the heights he's come, and that "It's really come to this....." that the jokes [tasteless ~ I own up ~ and otherwise] will abound. As much as Leonard loves/hates/whatever people want to say about him the women, if there were ever something I might say "never," about him, it would be that he would never.....
Dem

Post by Dem » Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:08 am

Never Say Never!
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:15 am

I know that adage.....however, I just did, and I will again.......never.
Epurcelly

Re: So sad Mr.Dylan, so sad

Post by Epurcelly » Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:55 pm

Dem wrote: Or Marianne would say:» Falling from Grace, falling from Grace"?
Falling from revolution to Christianity and from there to lingerie?
Dem
Why is this ad not funny to you? Are you disappointed? Perhaps Dylan did fall from grace, your own. I ask you what grace that is?
ep
Dem

Post by Dem » Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:52 pm

Yes, I have to admit that I am dissapointed.

I was hoping that he would advertise some cat food.

Demetris
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:22 am

At least I'd be more inclined to buy it, per his endorsement [the cat food].
peter danielsen

Post by peter danielsen » Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:27 pm

Why is this sad, I think its wonderful. How does he fall, I think he does well in making this add. Maybe the problem is that some leftwing intellectuals cant stand the thought of their ideals being laughed at.
Peter
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:13 pm

I heard it being discussed in a segment on NPR this morning, citing the full range of reactions from fans and otherwise. His chameleonlike nature was being given its due credit. I'll try to find the segment and bring it here. I know it's unfair, in terms of setting 'boundaries' on him. I'm trying to give my feelings voice, but I'm having difficulty finding the proper words to do it. Maybe it's akin to having always had a feeling of reverence for Bob [the content of his messages and their impact during 'my' time]. I have a feeling of reverence for my Dad [and now his memory]. Despite the obvious difference in their ages, it kinda 'feels' like that.......I wouldn't have wanted to see my Dad do an ad like this, either. I know the whole issue gets very convoluted down in that subconscious realm, but I'm trying to, fairly, get to the heart of my feelings on it. On NPR, they were citing the advertising execs's position that first you have to get a person's attention, and then you plug-for-selling the product. I didn't realize that the gorgeous, sexily clad women of Victoria's Secret were having trouble getting people's attention :wink: .

It was a bit of early-morning, waking-moments bliss listening to, "...so don't criticize what you can't understand / for the times they are a changin'.........." It takes so little to take me so far back 8) :D And, yes, I got their point with it.... :? .
Dem

Post by Dem » Thu Apr 08, 2004 4:30 pm

peter danielsen wrote:
"Why is this sad, I think its wonderful. How does he fall, I think he does well in making this add. Maybe the problem is that some leftwing intellectuals cant stand the thought of their ideals being laughed at."

Well, I for one was dissapointed because I always hoped that one day he would advertise some kind of cat food.
Or at leasr panty pads or tampons for women instead of lingerie.

Don't know about the "leftwing intellectuals" though.

Demetris
lightning

Post by lightning » Thu Apr 08, 2004 4:41 pm

Dylan dispensed with left-wing intellectuals in the 60's when he broke up with Suze Rotolo (the girl on the cover of Freewheelin') whose parents were activists in Greenwich Village. He emphatically did not want to be used as mouth piece for the New Left but continues to be associated with them because he wrote some of his best songs during that period.
peter danielsen

Post by peter danielsen » Thu Apr 08, 2004 4:47 pm

I once found a (used) tampon on the lavatory of our local library. I have the feeling that it was left there on purpose. I suspect it to be a manifesto of the feminist group VAGINA DENTATA. They want to overtrow the supreme power of men. Oh God why dont people listen, they are everywhere...I see one now.. Oh christ... look she is hiding behind the curtain...help help..Im being.........

*****TRANSMISSION INTERRUPTED*****
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Thu Apr 08, 2004 4:51 pm

And you didn't write a poem about it, Peter :wink: ?
peter danielsen

Post by peter danielsen » Thu Apr 08, 2004 5:08 pm

WE WOULD LIKE TO ANNOUNCE THAT peter danielsen IS BEING HELD AS A PRISONER AT HIS OWN PLACE. WE WILL PUT HIM UNDER PRESSURE UNTIL HE WILLINGLY ADMITS THAT THE INTELLECT OF WOMEN ARE FAR MORE SUPERIOR THAT THAT OF MENS. AND WE WILL MAKE SURE THAT WHEN HE DOES MAKE A STATEMENT ABOUT THIS, HE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO FLATTER THE WOMEN HE SPEAKS TO. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

ON BEHALF OF THE GROUP VAGINA DENTATA

LISBETH
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Thu Apr 08, 2004 5:40 pm

"THAT THAT OF MENS" ~ proof de facto. Admit and be released.

Return to “Comments & Questions”