Nice to see

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
George Wright

Nice to see

Post by George Wright »

Let's hope this new site stays pure
or it may be sadly dour
and the lessons are unpure
and the secret's in the heur
and the deitys and the sewer
and the member's do not get fewer
and the rich still begat the poor
georges
Partisan

Post by Partisan »

Oh well, i guess it was only a matter of time before people started putting up their insipid poetry again. I wish you could have seen how disinterested people were with it on Hydra, George. Or is that Georges. What is with that 's' at the end? Do you secretly wish to be a girl? Come to think of it George, where does the name LEECHE come from too?

p_dazedandconfused

p.s. I did enjoy the irony of your poem being what killed the purity of this site. Much respect for that. Even damnation is poisoned with rainbows.
george.wright

Partisan

Post by george.wright »

it is plural for we are many and free
not a girlie are any of me
if you don't likee poetry
piss off can thee
can relinquish your soul
in penance to me
Georges
Partisan

Post by Partisan »

That is not poetry. As for the questions i asked you thankyou for clearing up one mystery, but there is still the small matter of why you use LEECHE. I wonder what odds the bookies will give me on you not answering in verse?

p_inagonisingsuspense
Kush

Post by Kush »

Why not have a separate section on this forum for poetry ? I think it is quite appropriate for a leonard cohen site to encourage creativity/creative writing amongst members (not that I'm likely to contribute, my poetry skills peaked at about 5th grade and have been in steady decline since).
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Mine too, Kush....I like your way of putting it. A poetry thread [?] does sound like a good idea. I agree with you regarding encouragement of the creativity aspect.

Lizzytysh
Everett Wade

poetry....

Post by Everett Wade »

Poetry, in my mind, is far from just rhymes. Be careful what you call poetry...
Ev
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi Ev....That's why I rarely attempt it. Feel like there are a number of "rules" that go with it that I need to learn first....somehow. I like Haiku and as simple as it appears, it's very difficult to write....and do well.

Lizzytysh

Return to “Comments & Questions”