It has been decided...

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
Andrea V.

It has been decided...

Post by Andrea V. »

This is a very wise decision. Thank you very much, Leonard.

Happy new year to all the Cohenists!

Andrea
Coco

Post by Coco »

Hi All!

I love this one. Leonard looks both fierce and tender. :) I just don't know what he means. :D

Happy 2004 to All!
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Dear Coco: :shock: I'm pretty sure we will find out during the year of 2004! :wink:

Peace, health, serenity, love for 2004 to all members … that’s all we need!!!

Jarkko
Paula

Post by Paula »

I don't know why but this brought to mind Yul Brynner in the King and I.

What ever he means I don't want to be let off the hook :lol:
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi Coco and All ~

I have no idea what Leonard means, either, but I look forward to figuring it out in time.

The only thing that immediately comes to mind has to do with the reaction of some, many[?], to Ten New Songs, accusing him of any number of things....losing his touch, selling out, doing less than he is able, and other such things. Not letting you off the hook [those who would tend to think these kinds of things] would be akin to not allowing them to dismiss him so quickly, so easily, as some did with Ten New Songs. Hence, 'proving' himself otherwise, would somehow be equivalent to not letting them off the hook, i.e. not letting them go, with their having 'summed up' [inaccurately] where he's 'at,' musically by clearly showing otherwise. Challenging them to look at him in a much bigger frame, as he incorporates a broad variety of styles, etc. vs. reducing him to fit into a cliche, or a restrictive view of who he is and what he's all about. He's going to force them to reconsider their opinions, their conclusions.

It sure is difficult trying to describe what I'm getting at. If anyone has managed, will you please let me know :lol: ? Does the drawing have a look of chagrin? Skepticism?

You're so right, Jarkko, as to what we really need :D 8) .

Happy New Year to Leonard and Jarkko and Everyone Else :D !!!

~ Elizabeth
glyn

Post by glyn »

He's probably gonna join in and play Mornington Crescent.
glyn
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

:lol: Yeah, well, he's welcome to join in :D . However, if he thinks he's gonna win just cuz he's him, he's got another think coming! I'm a tough contender, I am, I am :shock: !

Another line of thought I had on what it might mean is that for those who thought he was going to be beamed up and away, he's not letting us off the hook......and he's letting us know, "You're gonna hear from me.....!" 8)

Or, along the same lines, "If you think you've figured out what I am and not about, you will be 'forced' to take into consideration even more......because, 'baby' [fans], you're gonna hear from me!" :D
Cohen Knight

Post by Cohen Knight »

Happy New Year Leonard, and all members year. Perhaps this new piece of artwork is a foreshadow for things to come regarding the new record/book. Lets hope so.

Happy holidays,

Mike
The old men 'round here, sometimes they get
On bad terms with the younger men
But old, young, age don't carry weight
It doesn't matter in the end
-Bob Dylan
Midnight

Post by Midnight »

Looks like he's still in uniform.
glyn

Post by glyn »

like a worm on a hook
glyn
evelyn

Post by evelyn »

Thank you Leonard!

Don't ever let us off the hook!

A Peaceful and Happy New Year to all!

evelyn
Byron
Location: Mad House, Eating Tablets, Cereals, Jam, Marmalade and HONEY, with Albert

Post by Byron »

Perhaps He is not letting lc off the hook?
"Bipolar is a roller-coaster ride without a seat belt. One day you're flying with the fireworks; for the next month you're being scraped off the trolley" I said that.
margaret

Post by margaret »

I agree,

Someone Above is addressing Leonard. No quiet retirement just yet ! :)
Coco

Post by Coco »

Hi Margaret and Byron!

I thought so too at first but Jarkko has also called it Leonard's Decision-- The New Year Promise to his Fans. So it sounds like to me it is his fans who are not allowed off the hook. But which hook? Or what is the meaning of the hook? I think we could analyse this one like the errands poem and still not get to the bottom of it. :?
Moonlight

Post by Moonlight »

I think he's mad at us.

Return to “Comments & Questions”