Who else has a crush on Dino Soldo?

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
ladydi

Re: Who else has a crush on Dino Soldo?

Post by ladydi » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:12 pm

Hi Mary,

The link to Joey's photos is http://www.flickr.com/photos/fauxmantic

They are great! You could probably spend all day going back over them :D ;-) 8)

Enjoy! Diana
mnkyface

Post by mnkyface » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:16 am

I do believe this one is my favorite: http://www.flickr.com/photos/fauxmantic/2948692993/
"In this world of shallow, he is the abyss."~ YouTube commenter greg450318

Post by friscogrl » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:35 am

He's a Pinball Wizard!
2008 Toronto June 6/ 2009 New York Feb 19 Oakland April 13 14 Coachella April 17 Ottawa May 25 26 Barcelona Sept 21 Las Vegas 11/12 San Jose 11/13
2010 Malmo Aug 4 Gothenburg Aug 12 Las Vegas Dec 10 & 11
2012 Verona 9/24 San Jose 11/7. Montreal 11/28 11/29/ 2013 Oakland 3/2 NYC 4/6
Hamilton 4/9
MaryB

Post by MaryB » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:34 am

Diana,

Thanks! Well that took over and hour and a half until I got to the one with LC with a leaf on his nose. I figured those after that were the ones I had already seen.

Some good, a few not so good, many great, most incredible. So amazing to be able to go on a pictoral tour with them. Gives you an inkling of what they have to go through, tear down, set up, sound checks, over and over again. How grueling. The scope of this tour is phenomenal!

Loved the very few of Joey smiling (what a nice smile). He tends to pose in 'serious mode', so these were refreshing.

Hysterical, Dino etal trying on those jackets - where was their wardrobe mistress to advise them?

Best regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
ladydi

Post by ladydi » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:01 pm

Hi Mary,

I try to keep up with Joey's photos every couple of days. They give you the feeling of vicariously "following" along with the Tour! Being on the plane; seeing everyone dressed casual for the sound checks; the backstage photos; the views from the hotels; the mall excursions etc etc.... The Gap photos with Dino and Ryan trying on the too small jackets was TOO funny :lol: :lol: His titles are interesting too....such as when they left Palm Springs....I don't think Coachella was high on his list of favorite spots ;-) . YES, Joey DOES need to smile more! He is SO good-looking (oops, we're on Dino's thread...sorry about that Dino ;-) ) but most of his self-portraits are ( lower voice...) s-e-r-i-o-u-s. Of course you'd probably look a little silly grinning into your iPhone :D

Between Joey's photostream and Dino's occasional Twitter (with maps!), I'm a happy woman 8)

Esther...yes, loved that one of Leonard with the pinball machine! I discovered Joey's photos months after the fact, but we had been in Copenhagen for the October concert, and when later when I saw what hotel they had stayed in, it was like "WHY didn't we check out that lobby!". We were so close but so far...sigh.

All the best,
Diana

ps..what I also love in his photos are the candid shots of Leonard! Sometimes just a slight bit of his profile but enough to know it's him, and the shot of the back of him walking onto the stage in Calgary during sound check actually gave my heart a little "thump". Hopeless, I know.... Some of his candid shots of Javier are also very, very nice.....
MaryB

Post by MaryB » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:14 am

ladydi wrote: Some of his candid shots of Javier are also very, very nice.....
In many of these shots, you see Javier is much younger than what comes across on stage, especially the ones without his hat ;-). Look out Dino, you have competition. First we take Raphael, then we take Javier :lol:

Best regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
MaryB

Post by MaryB » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:30 am

Diana,

Thanks for putting me on the right track - so much easier to do it on a daily basis. And, because of what you said, I figured out how to show Joey's captions - double thanks.

The one of Hattie and Dino on the bus is so phenomenal! But my favorite is 'Hattie on the Bus' - an absolute stunner!

Grateful regards,
Mary
ladydi

Post by ladydi » Fri May 01, 2009 3:32 pm

Mary,

I loved one of the comments to the bus photo of Hattie and Dino. "They have angels on the bus in Canada?"

And...did you notice that awesome photo of Rafael???? 8)

All the best,
Diana
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Fri May 01, 2009 6:07 pm

I tried to get to these photos last night and my computer wasn't having any part of it :shock: :cry: !!

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
MaryB

Post by MaryB » Sat May 02, 2009 5:33 am

ladydi wrote:Mary,

And...did you notice that awesome photo of Rafael???? 8)

All the best,
Diana
Absolutely - didn't want to make Dino jealous ;-) :lol: . After all, this is a topic dedicted to Dino. BTW, no one has let us know lately if the body language is still in motion :roll: - so much part of the charm :D .

Best regards,
Mary
mnkyface

Post by mnkyface » Sat May 02, 2009 11:41 pm

"In this world of shallow, he is the abyss."~ YouTube commenter greg450318

Post by KaimiK » Sun May 03, 2009 12:19 am

Speaking of the dynamic Mr. Soldo - have you been to his myspace page? I had to join when I found out he and Javier both have pages. (Javier even added me as a friend and wrote me a couple of excruciatingly brief responses to my thank you.) Don't really see the point otherwise - same with Twitter - but I joined that too! :shock: Honestly, does anyone except my immediate family care that I made veggie lasagna for dinner and cut the crusts off Aevery's PB&J sandwich? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by KaimiK on Sun May 03, 2009 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. You folded your distance back into my heart.
ladydi

Post by ladydi » Sun May 03, 2009 1:33 am

Kelsey,

Veggie lasagna sounds wonderful, and I am SO proud of you for cutting off the crusts on the PB&J for Aevery! What a fascinating name. Family name?

I haven't gone the route of myspace or facebook...too much time on the Forum! But amazed myself that I signed up for Twitter :shock:

Looking forward VERY much to your sharing of your Seattle story! ;-) 8) :D

Diana

ps..will check out Dino's myspace....haven't ventured there yet....just his website.
KaimiK

Post by KaimiK » Sun May 03, 2009 2:50 am

Diana - Oooh, oooh, I'm so glad you want to hear the story. I haven't told anyone except my husband, but he thought it was great - you'll understand why when you hear it!

As far as the name, Aevery... We loved the sound of Avery - but thought the spelling was a bit bland, too boyish. I studied linguistics in college and always loved Gaelic words and their interesting spellings. So, at the hospital at 3am, after 25 hours of labor, and 3 hours before she was finally born (whew!) we were playing around with alternate spellings and came up with that. That's it! We're working on names for our new little one as well (another girl), and hope to decide before a bit more in advance this time around! :D :lol: I'm not sure whether pain and sleep-deprivation help or hinder the creative mind!

So, it's not a family name, but here's a funny coincidence as well with my own name. I'm very interested in genealogy and thanks to a distant cousin have been able to trace back several hundred years! And way back there, I have a many-times great grandmother whose last name is Kelsey. My parents didn't know, but I found that interesting.

Anyway, I'm rambling - dh is at work, Aev and I are both suffering with a terrible cold today and have been camped out on the couch, spending way too much time on this forum! :roll: Hmmm, that just made me think - with having to keep their voices in top-form night after night, I wonder if any of the LC ensemble get colds/sore throats and wonder if they have any miraculous cures? We should definitely encourage Fred to find out!

I am so, so looking forward to Red Rocks - the way it's working out for everyone, it seems like it's just meant to be an extra special experience!

Kelsey
You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. You folded your distance back into my heart.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Sun May 03, 2009 4:33 pm

Hi Kelsey ~

I'm looking forward to hearing your story, too :D ! Your daughter's name is very pretty.

I may end up joining Twitter, for obvious reasons ;-) . It's lovely that Javier added you as a friend and took the time to answer you, at all... today's world, his schedule, other things he could be doing, and all that.

I like the coincidence with your name matching the surname of one of your ancestors.

Yes. Red Rocks. What an incredibly gorgeous venue to begin with :shock: ... AMAZING! Already having met and communicated more with some of the people I'll be seeing again, as well as meeting you and some others, really adds to this experience for me. Can't afford Hydra, but at least I'll be making some meaningful connections on this side of that big pond.

And then there's Detroit coming right up 8) .

Rock on, Dino :D !!!

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde

Return to “Comments & Questions”