Who else has a crush on Dino Soldo?

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
News Gal

Re: Who else has a crush on Dino Soldo?

Post by News Gal » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:53 am

ROTFLOL!!! Thanks so much Mnky, going to get that when I get out of the newsroom today. I'm cracking up right now, and some people who came in for a show are wondering why LOL.
ᎤᏩᎬᏗᏒ ᏥᎪᏩᏘᎲ, ᎯᎩᎾᎵᎢ, ᎠᏓᎯᏍᏗ ᎨᏐ. Uwagvdisv tsigowatihv, higinali'i , adahisdi geso (I've seen the future brother, it is murder.)
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:11 am

o.k., o.k, I give up. I'll wear a Dino Soldo mask for you. Does anyone know where I may purchase one? Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Got to run. I'm late for my harmonica lesson.
My reaction was exactly the same, mnkyface :lol: . Can't stop, in fact :lol: . Great one, Mike :lol: .

Great idea, too, mnkyface... with emphasis on Dino Soldo, he could rhythm it right in there. I'm sorry, but I'd just have to APPLAUD with maybe a few Whoohoos thrown in for good measure. There just have to be some number of women out there, right on this Forum, who have just not fessed up, yet :lol: .

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
ladydi

Post by ladydi » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:11 am

mwaldman wrote:o.k., o.k, I give up. I'll wear a Dino Soldo mask for you.

Mike
Woo hoo, Mike! Actually, if Eve doesn't mind, I think you have a perfectly good non-mask already! It must be the chain that's attracting us females to Dino.. 8)

I LOVE this thread! Only hope that Dino et al are also getting a chance to read it!!! :lol:

All the best to you and Eve,
Diana
evewaldman

Post by evewaldman » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:53 am

This is too much. I can't resist any more, so here is my first post on the forum. Thanks mnkyface for starting this thread. I LOVE IT!!!!! :) :) It is so much fun. And I'll stick with "crush" too -- I like the sound of it, even if it's not exactly true. Why not! :) Is it a chain thing, as you suggest, Diana? Who knows? I love Dino's SNEAKERS! I love Dino when he throws his hat in the air. Love his exuberance. Love his complement to LC and that perfectly timed spark he adds to the whole ensemble. He is such a perfect foil for everyone else. Perfect. :)

Really, the whole band is just amazing. I go crazy when Javier starts playing. Wow! And Lizzie, I love it, too, when LC kneels and sings to Javier's playing and see in it a mutual understanding of two older men. Leonard comes first, always, but every single member of the backup is fabulous and contributes to a stunning, absolutely fabulous show.

Eve
FOXWOOD

Post by FOXWOOD » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:08 am

It is sad that I have to make this posting but when a women feels her marriage is starting to fall apart, often the first sign is that they fantasize about other men.
The second sign is that they post those feelings on the internet for all to see.
The third sign is when they send private messages to other good looking men (usually hat wearing) in another country.
I cannot be associated with so many broken marriages.
Please Please all of you - Dino and myself are just fantasy figures.
It's ok to dream but don't live your lives around us
Eve - GO BACK TO YOUR HUSBAND AT ONCE! HE IS A GOOD MAN!
Royal Albert Hall London 1988, Manchester Opera House 18th June 2008,
Manchester Arena 30th Nov 2008, Weybridge 11th July 2009,
Lissadell House 31st July 2010, Dublin 11th & 12th September 2012, London O2 21st June 2013,
Manchester Arena 31st Aug 2013,Leeds 7th September 2013
evewaldman

Post by evewaldman » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:54 pm

FOXWOOD, what can I say? It's the way you jive to the music. :) Aye, it's hard enough keeping up with Mike, and now you, too?
mwaldman wrote:
o.k., o.k, I give up. I'll wear a Dino Soldo mask for you.

Mike
That cracked me up, too. I've been married to Mike for almost 20 years and he still knocks my socks off. Diana, What a lovely compliment you gave Mike! :) You are very gracious.

With that, I am leaving the country. Really. Won't be back for several days.

Eve
FOXWOOD

Post by FOXWOOD » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:13 pm

evewaldman wrote:
With that, I am leaving the country. Really. Won't be back for several days.

Eve
Eve I told you - Go back to your husband - It's no use coming to Yorkshire - I am not your man!
Royal Albert Hall London 1988, Manchester Opera House 18th June 2008,
Manchester Arena 30th Nov 2008, Weybridge 11th July 2009,
Lissadell House 31st July 2010, Dublin 11th & 12th September 2012, London O2 21st June 2013,
Manchester Arena 31st Aug 2013,Leeds 7th September 2013
ladydi

Post by ladydi » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:26 pm

FOXWOOD wrote:Please Please all of you - Dino and myself are just fantasy figures.
It's ok to dream but don't live your lives around us!
Ah Foxwood, you may be in trouble. Perhaps not all of us are married ;-) While I have not had the great pleasure to make your acquaintance, I must confess that I do find your hat very attractive! And where there is an attractive hat there is usually an attractive man :D .

However, sigh...perhaps I will simply have to accept reality and resume my life sans you, Dino, and let us not forget, Rafael :cry:

All the best,
Diana

ps..hey Eve, if you're still online have a good trip, wherever you're going! Talk with you soon.

pps..Foxwood, I think it's too late. She's headed for the airport now! Be prepared :D ;-)
MaryB

Post by MaryB » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:24 pm

ladydi wrote:
FOXWOOD wrote:Please Please all of you - Dino and myself are just fantasy figures.
It's ok to dream but don't live your lives around us!
I must confess that I do find your hat very attractive! And where there is an attractive hat there is usually an attractive man :D .

let us not forget, Rafael :cry:

All the best,
Diana
Maybe we are fixating on the hats :roll: . LC wears one throughout the concert, as does Hattie Webb (for the men) and Dino starts with his Buster Keaton, goes to his cap and ends with his baldness (a statment in itself), and then there's Foxwood :o . Rafael is not getting the attention he deserves probably because he takes his hat off fairly early in the concert. As Joe Cocker said in his song 'You Can Leave Your Hat On' :lol: .

Eve, it's wonderful to see you finally posting, even if it is for Dino and Foxwood :) .

Mike, buy yourself a hat ;-) .

Warmest regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
friscogrl

Post by friscogrl » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:45 am

Correct me if I am wrong ladies, but isn't part of Dino's appeal his shaved head?
Just a thought Mike.

Frisco
2008 Toronto June 6/ 2009 New York Feb 19 Oakland April 13 14 Coachella April 17 Ottawa May 25 26 Barcelona Sept 21 Las Vegas 11/12 San Jose 11/13
2010 Malmo Aug 4 Gothenburg Aug 12 Las Vegas Dec 10 & 11
2012 Verona 9/24 San Jose 11/7. Montreal 11/28 11/29/ 2013 Oakland 3/2 NYC 4/6
Hamilton 4/9
mwaldman

Post by mwaldman » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:16 am

This is getting to be an expensive thread: mask, harmonica, harmonica lessons, chains, sneakers. hat, shaving cream, razor ....... where will it end? :shock:

Mike
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly."
~ G.K. Chesterton
ladydi

Post by ladydi » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:24 am

Ah friscogrl....you are so correct. So, it is high time for Mike and Foxwood to shave their heads!!!! :D :D

Then we will decide which one looks the sexier ;-) Of course, with all respect to Eve, I don't think Mike would look good with the long chain...he would probably trip over it .

Eve, we know you're on the way to England for an assignation with Foxwood, but please, please wait until HE shaves his head and then take things into consideration. Mike may need you to help with the chain and to hold the harmonica pages :D .

We are really sick, aren't we! 8)

Diana

ps..oh yes, Mike, the sneakers. Those seemed to turn Eve on :D
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:27 am

This is getting to be an expensive thread: mask, harmonica, harmonica lessons, chains, sneakers. hat, shaving cream, razor ....... where will it end? :shock:

Mike
:lol: Thanks for the laugh, Mike. I needed it. :lol:

Yes to bald heads 8) . Completely bald. I don't know about expensive on that part, Mike, but possibly rather costly.
I love Dino when he throws his hat in the air. Love his exuberance. Love his complement to LC and that perfectly timed spark he adds to the whole ensemble. He is such a perfect foil for everyone else. Perfect.
I love the way you summed up his appeal, Eve. I can't comment on his sneakers because I failed to notice he was wearing them... even from the 4th row.

A stunning, absolutely fabulous show. You're so right.

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
ladydi

Post by ladydi » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:02 am

Hi Lizzy,

It's so sad. Eve can't comment on the sneakers (how did I miss them?...she has great eyesight) because she is on the way to Yorkshire.

We will have to keep Mike company. That dreaded Foxwood.... :(

Is Dino behind this? I think he got all this heat started up on the Forum. The boomers are going wild. Bald heads, chains, younger men, crazy women. Heck, soon we'll be flashing peace signs! ;-)

However, I am sure all will soon be resolved. Leonard's music will bring us back to our senses.

Hmmm, Leonard......those eyes, that smile....oh oh, I'm lost again!
mwaldman

Post by mwaldman » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:41 am

ladydi wrote:
It's so sad. Eve can't comment on the sneakers (how did I miss them?...she has great eyesight) because she is on the way to Yorkshire.
I couldn't find any footage of Dino's sneakers, but I did find a clip from the Helsinki concert that features a hatless Dino by himself from 3:43 to 4:20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmL_Tpaj ... re=related

And where, where is my Gypsy wife tonight?.........

Mike
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly."
~ G.K. Chesterton

Return to “Comments & Questions”