Hello, I'm new to this forum... (introducing yourselves)

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
cedwards

Re: Hello, I'm new to this forum... (introducing yourselves)

Post by cedwards » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:46 pm

This question has been semi addressed in earlier posts but here I am asking it in a particular form; if you want to use, in a play - live or radio broadcast - a recording of LC singing one of his own songs is there a particular way of applying for permission and if so does anyone know who to apply to?
davidrichards

Post by davidrichards » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:16 pm

Permission normally is given (or not) by the copyright holder. I would suggest contacting his management company in the first instance as they will almost certainly know who now owns the copyright. If that does not produce a definitive answer try the recording company.
The Mundane Egg

Post by The Mundane Egg » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:30 am

Hi, I'm a poet moonlighting as a psycho-therapist in Asheville NC.

Look forward to conversing with everyone.

Take it easy,

Mike
Pau

Post by Pau » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:23 pm

Hello

I am Pau, from Barcelona. I am new to the forum and I've recently discovered Leonard Cohen. Never too late !!
I just can't stop listening to his music. I've already read Sylvie Simmons biography and have ordered My favourite game. I've watched Bird on a wire documentary film, the Isle of Wight DVD, etc. To make it short, I am trying to catch up all what I have missed all those years.

And I am really happy to have found this forum.

Just wanted to say hello!
199Dan

Post by 199Dan » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:00 pm

Welcome .
I am sure you'll enjoy all the forums here.
:)
hilda

Post by hilda » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:11 am

Hello everyone!

I am very glad I found this forum. My name is Hilda, I am from Warsaw, Poland. I am currently 17 years old. Leonard Cohen's music has been played in my house since the young age, but only recently (around two years ago) I rediscovered his music and poetry. I started to write on my own, and he is my greatest inspiration.

Greetings to everyone!
I am sorry for any mistakes in my message.

Hilda
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:51 pm

Welcome, Hilda! Things are very quiet around here these days, not much action, but a few people drop in from time to time to see what's happening.

I am so glad that you have rediscovered Leonard Cohen at your still very young age -- his work is so full of treasures, and I am sure that you will be able to appreciate them in much more depth than when you were a young child. That is great that your family played his music!

Cheers,

Lisa

Return to “Comments & Questions”