Hello, I'm new to this forum... (introducing yourselves)

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
Jem

Re: Hello, I'm new to this forum... (introducing yourselves)

Post by Jem »

Hi,

Just joined myself a couple days ago. I live in Buckinghamshire in England.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi Jem! And WELCOME a second time! :D If you care to share where you first heard Leonard, there's a thread for that, if you just click on Active Topics, or just explore Comments & Questions. There's plenty to interest and intrigue you anywhere you go on here! Did you ever get to see Leonard perform Live? I SO hope so, but probably not if your tastes have only recently changed!!
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

WELCOME, Chromedreamer! :D
I'm in Florida, where COVID is ravishing our state. How is Bangladesh and how are you faring?
We have a thread for sharing where were you when you first heard Leonard. It would be interesting to hear your story!
~ Oscar Wilde
Jem

Post by Jem »

lizzytysh wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:08 pm Hi Jem! And WELCOME a second time! :D If you care to share where you first heard Leonard, there's a thread for that, if you just click on Active Topics, or just explore Comments & Questions. There's plenty to interest and intrigue you anywhere you go on here! Did you ever get to see Leonard perform Live? I SO hope so, but probably not if your tastes have only recently changed!!
I never saw him live and have owned a few of his albums for many years but it is only recently when I listened to Live In London that it all started to click for me :)
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

I find myself always looking for the Love emoji! :lol:
Of course, I wish your Live in London had broken through in time to get you to a concert... however, at least you now have a soul friend to take you through the rest of your life. The richness of that cannot be overestimated, Jem. :D
~ Oscar Wilde
adamsmitt32

Post by adamsmitt32 »

Hi everyone, I am new here too. I am a big fan of Leonard Cohen so it is great for me to be here.
HugoD

Post by HugoD »

adamsmitt32 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:48 pm Hi everyone, I am new here too. I am a big fan of Leonard Cohen so it is great for me to be here.
Adam,

Welcome to this forum, hope you will find everything you need and enjoy this forum. Don’t be afraid to ask questions or raise issues regarding our man. This forum could do with some (more) action ;-)
Lille 2010, Dublin 2012, Mannheim 2013, Rotterdam 2013, Montréal 2017
Happiness is just the side effect of a meaningful life.
adamsmitt32

Post by adamsmitt32 »

HugoD wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:53 pm
adamsmitt32 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:48 pm Hi everyone, I am new here too. I am a big fan of Leonard Cohen so it is great for me to be here.
Adam,

Welcome to this forum, hope you will find everything you need and enjoy this forum. Don’t be afraid to ask questions or raise issues regarding our man. This forum could do with some (more) action ;-)
Hi, thanks for warm greeting.
gwynjh

Post by gwynjh »

I'm from British Columbia, Canada. I discovered this forum while surfing the net, trying to find the meaning behind one of Leonard Cohen's songs. I'm excited to be here and looking forward to learning more about my favorite artist of all time.
Czardimitri

Re: Hello, I'm new to this forum. ... (introducing yourselves)

Post by Czardimitri »

Good morning to everyone. While I have been a Cohenite for many years, this is the first time I have found you all!!! And I found you because I was searching the internet for a specific 'United Heart' grafic.
Sooo... it is a black background with the United hearts done in a blobs of blue/green/purple/ indigo varying in shade from pastel to strong colour. Does anyone have this in their collection? I had it saved on my phone but phone crashed and took everything. I really want this as a tattoo!!! Can you help me find it??? Thankyou all so much xx
Czardimitri

Post by Czardimitri »

And now I've reread my post to see spell check has been at it!! Again!! Unified Heart! Thankyou....
B4real

Post by B4real »

Hi Czardimitri, welcome to the forum!
Sorry, I can't help you but you might find someone who posted here in the link below that could.
Lots of pages to look through! https://www.leonardcohenforum.com/viewt ... lit=tattoo
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
caezar

Post by caezar »

hello i'm also new hear. :D
its4inthemorning

Post by its4inthemorning »

Hail Caezar

There is a wealth of information and discussion here, take a look around. And welcome!
2010 DECEMBER 10 - CAESARS COLOSSEUM, LAS VEGAS / 2012 SEPTEMBER 28 - L'OLYMPIA, PARIS
2012 OCTOBER 3 - PALAU SANT JORDI, BARCELONA / 2012 DECEMBER 13 - K-ROCK CENTRE, KINGSTON
2013 APRIL 6 - RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL, NEW YORK CITY / 2013 JULY 9 - PIAZZA NAPOLEONE, LUCCA
2017 NOVEMBER 4-8 - MONTREAL "TOWER OF SONG" CELEBRATION - RIP, YOU GOT ME SINGING!
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi Caezar ~ Welcome to the quintessential site on Leonard Cohen. If you can't find it, whatever it is for you, just ask. Someone will be able to direct you, as it is HIGHLY likely covered here.

In the meantime, enjoy watching, listening, reading, sharing, and interacting.

All the best,
Lizzie
~ Oscar Wilde

Return to “Comments & Questions”