Hello, I'm new to this forum... (introducing yourselves)

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
cedwards

Re: Hello, I'm new to this forum... (introducing yourselves)

Post by cedwards »

This question has been semi addressed in earlier posts but here I am asking it in a particular form; if you want to use, in a play - live or radio broadcast - a recording of LC singing one of his own songs is there a particular way of applying for permission and if so does anyone know who to apply to?
davidrichards

Post by davidrichards »

Permission normally is given (or not) by the copyright holder. I would suggest contacting his management company in the first instance as they will almost certainly know who now owns the copyright. If that does not produce a definitive answer try the recording company.
The Mundane Egg

Post by The Mundane Egg »

Hi, I'm a poet moonlighting as a psycho-therapist in Asheville NC.

Look forward to conversing with everyone.

Take it easy,

Mike
Pau

Post by Pau »

Hello

I am Pau, from Barcelona. I am new to the forum and I've recently discovered Leonard Cohen. Never too late !!
I just can't stop listening to his music. I've already read Sylvie Simmons biography and have ordered My favourite game. I've watched Bird on a wire documentary film, the Isle of Wight DVD, etc. To make it short, I am trying to catch up all what I have missed all those years.

And I am really happy to have found this forum.

Just wanted to say hello!
199Dan

Post by 199Dan »

Welcome .
I am sure you'll enjoy all the forums here.
:)
hilda

Post by hilda »

Hello everyone!

I am very glad I found this forum. My name is Hilda, I am from Warsaw, Poland. I am currently 17 years old. Leonard Cohen's music has been played in my house since the young age, but only recently (around two years ago) I rediscovered his music and poetry. I started to write on my own, and he is my greatest inspiration.

Greetings to everyone!
I am sorry for any mistakes in my message.

Hilda
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Welcome, Hilda! Things are very quiet around here these days, not much action, but a few people drop in from time to time to see what's happening.

I am so glad that you have rediscovered Leonard Cohen at your still very young age -- his work is so full of treasures, and I am sure that you will be able to appreciate them in much more depth than when you were a young child. That is great that your family played his music!

Cheers,

Lisa
cohenfan2020

Post by cohenfan2020 »

Hello everybody. I'm a new member of your family, of course if you accept me as a member of your great family.

I'm a 19 years old guy from Turkey. I discovered Mr. Cohen last year and I've been listening to him for 1 years now. I didn't know there was a forum and it was unbelievable to discover a place like here, where all the good people meets up worldwide.

P.S. And really sorry for any possible grammar mistakes. I'm not native but I tried my best to not to violate forum rules.

Sincerly Yours,
This is CohenFan.
Janetld

Post by Janetld »

Welcome to the forum CohenFan, it’s lovely to have you here, and great that younger people are discovering Leonard and his music and poetry.

As you can see there is a lot of information here for you to read about all things Leonard related.

Hope you enjoy the forum, Janet
Jem

Post by Jem »

Hi,

Just joined today. I’ve heard Mr Cohen’s music for many many years but only now have my taste buds ripened sufficiently for me to begin to appreciate his work. I hope to learn from those already present.

Best wishes

Jem
199Dan

Post by 199Dan »

Welcome Jem !
Just open your eyes, ears and mind and enjoy all that the site offers. And feel free to ask lots of questions. Lots of people love answering all sorts of questions. Some times they are right! And remember to have fun.
199 Dan
Jem

Post by Jem »

Thanks Dan.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Such a pleasure reading these last three self-introductions.. and the welcomes f tg on Forum people. Excellent English, hilda and CohenFan2020!! Great that your tastes have begun to change, Jem!! Welcome to all of you from me, too! :D
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Jem

Post by Jem »

Thanks very much. I thought Van would see me through all the way but LC is adding something new.
chromedreamer

Post by chromedreamer »

Hello
I'm new in here. I just like to say hi from Dhaka, Bangladesh.

Where are you from?

Return to “Comments & Questions”