The tour merchandise and collectibles; online shop soon

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
tomsakic

Re: The tour merchandise and collectibles; online shop soon

Post by tomsakic » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:47 pm

I merged few threads - variously titled "Online shop soon", "Where will the online shop finally open'" etc. - into one thread, all under the original Jarkko's thread about the online shop.
- Tom
ladydi

Re: When will the online shop finally open?

Post by ladydi » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:08 pm

sturgess66 wrote:
jarkko wrote:The latest information may unfortunately indicate that there will be no online shop with the tour merchandise.
Did the latest information indicate that it (tour merchandise) might be moving around any place next year? :lol:
Nice try LInda! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rain

Post by Rain » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:01 pm

Does anyone know if the "Order of the Unified Heart" rings are ever on sale at the concert venues, like where the T-shirts are sold? I don't remember seeing them at the Columbia Maryland show in May, but it might just be me. I think I did see the Unified heart keyring/medallion? thing......Are these hard to come by? Sorry for the dumb question, I'm new at this.....
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:06 pm

In Europe they were on sale - but people had to ask for them!!
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:52 pm

jarkko wrote:In Europe they were on sale - but people had to ask for them!!
"ask and it shall be given to you"
[matt.7:7]
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:44 am

"We are waiting, we are waiting, oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah*..."

(* The Rolling Stones "Aftermath" 1966).
hydriot

Post by hydriot » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:30 pm

The rings were on sale without being asked (i.e. openly on display) at the Berlin concert in July.

I bought the gold ring, but find it rather heavy. I think the silver is lighter and therefore probably a better purchase. So do try both on before buying.
“If you do have love it's a kind of wound, and if you don't have it it's worse.” - Leonard, July 1988
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:57 pm

hydriot wrote:
>I bought the gold ring, but find it rather heavy. I think the silver is lighter and therefore probably a better purchase.

Are these rings real gold and silver? For those wishing to safeguard their souls, metal-plated trinkets would be the best. Can you see if there is a hallmark inside? If they are real there should be a little 3-digit number stamped inside, along with a symbol indicating in which country they were made. You know, of course, that Leonard wears no ring, and never has done. Even in an early song he wrote about the hand of a beggar being 'burdened' down with money. He is against earthly riches, and it was probably he who told the shop assistants to hide the rings - against the tour promotors' wishes. Now that it has come out that they were seldom on display he could get into trouble, the promotors could even dock his pay.

Jesus [in Matthew 10:9] said:
>Carry with you no gold or silver - not even copper!
margaret

Post by margaret » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:23 pm

hydriot wrote:The rings were on sale without being asked (i.e. openly on display) at the Berlin concert in July.

I bought the gold ring, but find it rather heavy. I think the silver is lighter and therefore probably a better purchase. So do try both on before buying.
I asked about the rings at the merchandise stall in Liverpool, as they are too small to be displayed on the wall with the tee shirts etc. but were on the counter. I was told they were silver and the "gold" ones were actually silver too, but gold plated, and the same price £45. I bought a silver one for my husband who wasn't able to attend the show. There were a couple of sizes which might account for the weight difference :roll:
Last edited by margaret on Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rain

Post by Rain » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:24 pm

Well, sorry (for wanting earthly riches) but I still want one! Silver........thanks for the info!
LEONKA

Post by LEONKA » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:39 pm

I am delighted when I buy T-shirt and rings.I can not wait to be open to trade online.The opportunity waiting. :D :D :D
sebmelmoth2003

Post by sebmelmoth2003 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:36 pm

maybe leonard should confer with SuBo who's streaking ahead in regard to online merchandising :

i'm wearing one of her tee-shirts as i type :D

http://www.bandstores.co.uk/shop/susanboyle/
somewhat_nifty

Post by somewhat_nifty » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:53 pm

Just wanted to let any bargain-seeking Cohenites know that all the tshirts in the BandMerch store are down to $12 :D I've just stocked up on a couple that I didn't get on the tour, and the p&p is very reasonable, even outside the US.

http://store.bandmerch.com/cgi-bin/live ... on=catalog
I'm chained to the old masquerade...
2008: London O2 14th Nov, RAH 18th Nov; 2009: NY RCMH 16th May, Weybridge MBW 11th July, Barcelona 21st Sept; 2010: Sligo 31st July, Lille 25th Sept, Las Vegas 11th Dec; 2012: Wembley Arena 8th Sept, Dublin 11th Sept 2013: London O2 21st June, London O2 14th Sept
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:16 pm

I agree with somewhat-nifty. The T-shirts are at a bargain price now and I have always had good service from BandMerch.

I just want to add a word of warning to anyone ordering from the UK (or anywhere else outside the US, where similar rules are likely to apply). If you order too much at once e.g. to save on shipping, you run the risk of incurring UK customs duties on import. Duties apply to orders with a value of goods (excl P&P) over £15. This figure was reduced from £18 in the 2011 budget. In addition, the post office charge a handling fee (c. £9?) for presenting goods for duties so the additional cost can be quite high in relation to the value of the goods. You can be lucky as not all postal imports are assessed for duty. Equally, you can be very unlucky and have duties assessed on a relatively low value or, incorrectly, on the invoiced value, including shipping costs. Obviously, an order for a single t-shirt at $12 should be fine. After that, there is an element of calculated risk, even on a 2 x T-shirt orderwhich strictly speaking could be over the £15 limit depending on exchange rates.

I have made several orders from the BandMerch store over the past year and have not yet paid any dutues. However, the risk remains. Just want everyone to be aware of the position.

Wendy

(once a tax adviser, always a tax adviser .....)
somewhat_nifty

Post by somewhat_nifty » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:22 pm

Really, so low? I've ordered loads of stuff from the US over the years and never once had to pay customs, hope my luck holds!
I'm chained to the old masquerade...
2008: London O2 14th Nov, RAH 18th Nov; 2009: NY RCMH 16th May, Weybridge MBW 11th July, Barcelona 21st Sept; 2010: Sligo 31st July, Lille 25th Sept, Las Vegas 11th Dec; 2012: Wembley Arena 8th Sept, Dublin 11th Sept 2013: London O2 21st June, London O2 14th Sept

Return to “Comments & Questions”