Forum Users

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
Mordy

Forum Users

Post by Mordy » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:12 pm

I'm intrigued - I notice it says that the most ever users online was 1503 on Tuesday October 1, 2019. Did something special happen on that day - other than news about the new album and Nick Broomfield's fim? Did I miss something :?
Maarten

Re: Forum Users

Post by Maarten » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:22 pm

Hi Mordy

We had noticed it too some time ago and Jarkko's son Rauli (who takes cares of the technical issues of our forum) has found the reason:
These ”visitors” are malfunctioning Chinese bots, it is not known if the Chinese do this to cause problems in the West, or is it just bad programming. Rauli sent this link that explains what is going on: https://www.johnlarge.co.uk/blocking-ag ... pers-bots/
Anyway he went to the Forum code and now access of all Chinese bots is blocked. The number of visitors dropped from 1500 to 20.

Pity that we lost info on the genuine all time high (when the second leg of the grand tour was announced).
But I'm afraid he couldn't restore the old data with the highest record of visitors...

Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
jarkko
Site Admin

Re: Forum Users

Post by jarkko » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:40 pm

Wijbe was able to get back the genuine highest number:

I think on that day, February 25, 2009, we announced another leg of Leonard's Grand Tour

Unfortunately the forum software does not allow edits to the counter.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||

Return to “Comments & Questions”