Sligo-Help for newbies.

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
tinderella

Re: Sligo-Help for newbies.

Post by tinderella »

Is it just me? Or has the whole Sligo concert gotten fierce complicated?.... Kinda glad I am not going now. Give me the simple things in life, like a good gig, a few drinks and a laugh or two
carlowmike
Location: it's just the way it changes, like the shoreline and the sea,!

Post by carlowmike »

Submissions for meeting end on Saturday, then you ALL can have a "knee's up" on this thread :idea: .......
Last edited by carlowmike on Fri May 28, 2010 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2008~Dublin x 3,- Amsterdam,- London,- Berlin,- London x 2,. 2009~Dublin x 3,- Barcelona, Sept.- New York, Chelsea Hotel Plaque Dedication and MSG Concert,- Las Vegas. 2010~Sligo x 2, Las Vegas x 1.]2012, Ghent, Berlin, Dublin, Los Angeles, New York.
Like You Would Do For One You Love
carlowmike

Post by carlowmike »

updated.
Last edited by carlowmike on Sat May 22, 2010 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2008~Dublin x 3,- Amsterdam,- London,- Berlin,- London x 2,. 2009~Dublin x 3,- Barcelona, Sept.- New York, Chelsea Hotel Plaque Dedication and MSG Concert,- Las Vegas. 2010~Sligo x 2, Las Vegas x 1.]2012, Ghent, Berlin, Dublin, Los Angeles, New York.
sceachgeal

Post by sceachgeal »

Is it just me? Or has the whole Sligo concert gotten fierce complicated?
Shame you are not going, tinderella, even if you do have a lisp. The concert will be an amazing affair and people will celebrate it in a myriad of ways befitting their own temprament. Remember what one of the Marx brothers, Groucho, said ‘I do not want to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members’. Another brother, Karl, sic said ‘The rich will do anything for the poor but get off their backs’.
when she came back she was nobody's wife . . .
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

Just popped back to the carlowmike forum to say that I have seen Mr Cohen 8 times and loved each and everyone of the concerts.

I am all for helping people but we all need some spontanaeity too for a good time.

I hope to go see Len in europe later in the year

and by the way, sceachgeal said cynically i have a lisp lol cos of my name... but i use Tinderella as I am a fan of the band tindersticks
carlowmike

Post by carlowmike »

tinderella wrote :Kinda glad I am not going now.
By-the-way tinderella, why are you not joining us in Sligo ?

I know you from other Posts, you're a true Cohenite - :)

I am sure I have a spare ticket, ( my tickets have not arrived yet :!: ) BlockB" to spare and it is "free" to you , if you want ,

All you have to do is get there !.... ;-) --another on this thread was offering to drive someone from Dublin !....

Come-on-up ..share and enjoy...
Last edited by carlowmike on Fri May 28, 2010 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

wow, that is really nice of you carlow mike... thanks so very much

It is a week before the Lc event in Kracow, so the funds were not really stretching that far... and I will be heading down to my sister in Cork for the weekend instead.

I know I will see Leonard again... and you are doing stalwart work indeed..... i actually was saying my first post tongue-in-cheek but y'know how it is, some people take it serious.

I hope everone has an amazing time and i look forward to the photos and reports.

Cheers

tinders :)
carlowmike

Post by carlowmike »

Sceachgeal wrote :Another brother, Karl, sic said ‘The rich will do anything for the poor but get off their backs’.

Sorry to correct you , Sceachgeal, but Karl was way too old to be their brother --
He was their father .... ;-)
real-alan

Post by real-alan »

tinderella wrote: Is it just me? Or has the whole Sligo concert gotten fierce complicated?.... Kinda glad I am not going now. Give me the simple things in life, like a good gig, a few drinks and a laugh or two
there's a few of us on here would agree with you Tinderella..... but we seem to be swimming against the tide..... :shock:
you may be right, I may be crazy.... but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for...

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..... plenty
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

HI Alan.... nice to see ya here.

Hope life is good in the wilds of Donegal and great you will get to see the man not too far from home

Have a great time
carlowmike

Post by carlowmike »

updated
Last edited by carlowmike on Sat May 22, 2010 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carlowmike

Post by carlowmike »

Now Please back to suggestions for the meeting on
Tuesday next in Sligo...

Keep them coming , all welcome ;-)
Last edited by carlowmike on Fri May 28, 2010 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
real-alan

Post by real-alan »

carlowmike wrote:
real-alan wrote :there's a few of us on here would agree with you Tinderella..... but we seem to be swimming against the tide.....
real-alan knows he does not have to click on this thread..(control !)
he does not need our help or advice..
he has been to plenty of concerts all over the world and
knows how everything works..... 8)
But there are others on this thread real-alan, they subscribe in a positive, gentle-person manner...
real-alan should really pop back to "Leonard for Sligo" or "Go Sligo Go"
Great fun there for all and massive amounts of information and loads of recent "hits" ... :)

Leonard says :
From The Homicidal Bitchin
That Goes Down In Every Kitchen
To Determine Who Will Serve And Who Will Eat

Someone else said:
If You Can't Stand The Heat
Get Outa The Kitchen :?:
ah Mike you'd miss me if I went away.... ;-)
you may be right, I may be crazy.... but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for...

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..... plenty
scarlet

Post by scarlet »

Reading the thread on shuttle buses and parking conjures up a most wonderful image of 10,000 cohenites snaking their way on foot through leafy lanes to the concert and my mind adores the image! But can we remember that some of us are original cohenites, and i for one definately, would have to spend the concert spaced out on painkillers if i walked half a mile to the venue. Im happy to leave my car at home if the buses dont involve a long walk. My days of hiking around are over for sure, am i the only one?
roan

Post by roan »

real-alan wrote:
tinderella wrote: Is it just me? Or has the whole Sligo concert gotten fierce complicated?.... Kinda glad I am not going now. Give me the simple things in life, like a good gig, a few drinks and a laugh or two
there's a few of us on here would agree with you Tinderella..... but we seem to be swimming against the tide..... :shock:
Although we have been to many of Leonard's concerts to date we have not been to a meetup. We were looking forward to attending a casual meet up if we are around but feel slightly apprehensive after reading some of the posts---not sure what to expect!!! :shock:

Return to “The World Tour 2010”