Sligo-Help for newbies.

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
jeney

Re: Sligo-Help for newbies.

Post by jeney »

Also this might be a good launch pad for effort to hold the Leonard Cohen bi-annual Event in Ireland in 2014
next Event is planned for Madison, Wisconsin in 2012.
Any takers to promote Ireland .....
Could someone explain what is the Leonard Cohen bi annual Event,? what is involved in organising this for Ireland ?. If planning a Sligo reunion for Cohenites in 2011, I suggest it be held over the August Bank Holiday weekend to coincide with the anniversary of the concerts.
Dublin 22nd July 2009. Sligo 31st July and 1st August 2010.
I dreamed about you, baby
It was just the other night.
carlowmike
Location: it's just the way it changes, like the shoreline and the sea,!

Post by carlowmike »

Lissadell Plaque Fund:
The amount contributed to date , - 326 euro.
I met with Frank McGarry today,
because of the Leonard Cohen and the Lissadell connection he gave us a "special price" for the completed work.
I paid him 300 euro for the Plaque and stand,
Musicmania and myself will use the remaining balance on Monday next to purchase some shrubs in Altamont Gardens to plant in the "Cohen Corner" at Lissadell.
I think we can now close the Plaque Fund.
We have some pictures of the Plaque which I hope to reproduce on this thread tomorrow
along with details of the time for our intended get-together at Lissadell on Tuesday 21st Sept.
Thanks again to all who contributed to this,
a complete list of contributors will be circulated in the next week among all the donors..
;-) .
2008~Dublin x 3,- Amsterdam,- London,- Berlin,- London x 2,. 2009~Dublin x 3,- Barcelona, Sept.- New York, Chelsea Hotel Plaque Dedication and MSG Concert,- Las Vegas. 2010~Sligo x 2, Las Vegas x 1.]2012, Ghent, Berlin, Dublin, Los Angeles, New York.
Like You Would Do For One You Love
carlowmike

Post by carlowmike »

Canadian Maple tree and Lissadell Plaque.
We have planned our little get-together to take place at noon on Tuesday 21st September at the Canadian Maple tree on the Concert Grounds at Lissadell.
Forum Members will be pleased to learn that Isobel Cassidy states that the tree is thriving in its new environs,
unfortunately Isobel, who is a family member of the owners of Lissadell House and who also acts as Estate manager, will be away all next week but a representative from the Lissadell Estate will join us.

All fans of Leonard Cohen are welcome to attend as we place the Lissadell Plaque in place to record the
great Concerts delivered by Leonard Cohen and his Band at Lissadell over the August Bank Holiday weekend, 2010 ;-).
2008~Dublin x 3,- Amsterdam,- London,- Berlin,- London x 2,. 2009~Dublin x 3,- Barcelona, Sept.- New York, Chelsea Hotel Plaque Dedication and MSG Concert,- Las Vegas. 2010~Sligo x 2, Las Vegas x 1.]2012, Ghent, Berlin, Dublin, Los Angeles, New York.
mutti

Post by mutti »

Ah but how I wish I could hop, skip and jump over the mountains and ocean to join you...
I'll be there in spirit and be thinking of all of you!
Sligo and Lissadell will forever be imprinted on my mind and in my heart for sure.
The images of seeing Leonard on stage with a big smile on his face looking at all of us
and Lissadell in the background and the sea beyond that...
;-) ;-) ;-)
Mutti/Leslie 8)
Thanks Mick for taking on this most beautiful project...
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

Really looking forward to this! Returning to honor Leonards concerts on his birthday is very special! :D
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
coolfadda

Post by coolfadda »

Any sign of that photo Mike.... dying to see it :D
carlowmike

Post by carlowmike »

by coolfadda » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:12 pm
Any sign of that photo Mike.... dying to see it Any sign of that photo Mike.... dying to see it :D

I have now sent the picture to musicmania who will display it on this thread later today.
At present the Plaque rests on a stand,
later we hope to have it attached to a large granite boulder placed alongside the Canadian Maple tree in Lissadell ;-) .
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

Sorry this is so late! Have had a crazy busy day (all good)! Doesn't it look great!

Thanks for all your hard work is making this come to pass Mick!
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

mwaldman

Post by mwaldman »

Gwen -

Thanks for posting the picture of the Plaque. I agree - it looks great!

And thank you Mick for all of your hard work to make this happen.

Wish I could join you on the 21st ....

Best,
Mike
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly."
~ G.K. Chesterton
carlowmike

Post by carlowmike »

jeney wrote: Could someone explain what is the Leonard Cohen bi annual Event,? what is involved in organising this for Ireland ?. If planning a Sligo reunion for Cohenites in 2011, I suggest it be held over the August Bank Holiday weekend to coincide with the anniversary of the concerts.
A short while ago "Dick" suggested to me that Ireland might be a good location for the Leonard Cohen Event in 2014,
any Member who can give information on what is involved in hosting this bi-annual Event please advise :!: .
Yes, jeney we might try for Sligo reunion during weekend of August Public Holiday in 2011,
let us see how many are interested and if Sligo / Lissadell is the best venue
;-) .
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Hi all,
just a quick reply... Although I haven't been checking this thread daily lately, I wanted to say thanks to Mike for all the hard work: much appreciated!
Looking forward to a reunion some day, the sooner the better!

All the best,
Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

I'd be definately on for the reunion in Sligo! In the meantime I've been busy at work today creating this to bring with me to the gig in Katowice. I'm in the front row of the balcony and if I'm permitted I'll drape it across the front of it for Leonard & co to see. I'm also bringing it with me to Lissadell this week :D

MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Musicmania - Gosh, what a great banner! Hope you are able to display it in Katowice!

Mick, you are continually exceeding expectations. The plaque is perfection. Thank you and all others involved in seeing this to fruition. May you have the most wonderful day celebrating!

Warmest regards,
Mary

(P.S. Please take plenty of pictures and post them here!)
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

MaryB wrote:Musicmania - Gosh, what a great banner! Hope you are able to display it in Katowice!

Mick, you are continually exceeding expectations. The plaque is perfection. Thank you and all others involved in seeing this to fruition. May you have the most wonderful day celebrating!

Warmest regards,
Mary

(P.S. Please take plenty of pictures and post them here!)
Thanks Mary! Will most definately take loads of photos and post them here :D

carlowmike

Post by carlowmike »

A while back jdhayes asked about flight connections to Las Vegas.
Our group have booked flights with Irish based TravelPath.ie ( Ph. 0818 313313 )
of all the travel sites we checked they have the best travel deals ;-) .

Return to “The World Tour 2010”