Ticket sale to Vancouver and Oakland

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Natalie

Re: Presale to Vancouver and Oakland on Oct 7

Post by Natalie » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:17 pm

Would anyone be interested in doing a meet-up before the Vancouver concert? I am going by myself and would love to hang out with some Cohenites. :roll:

Cheers,
Natalie
mshansen

Post by mshansen » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:41 pm

Thanks also. Can anyone hazard a guess as to whether these shows will sell out?? I may well be out of town those dates, but won't know for a while and would be happy to just get 2 tickets if there is likely to be a market for selling them (face price -- not interested in scalping them) if I can't go.

Appreciate any guesses from anyone who knows the size of the venue etc......
tigerm

Post by tigerm » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:23 pm

mshansen wrote:Thanks also. Can anyone hazard a guess as to whether these shows will sell out?? I may well be out of town those dates, but won't know for a while and would be happy to just get 2 tickets if there is likely to be a market for selling them (face price -- not interested in scalping them) if I can't go.

Appreciate any guesses from anyone who knows the size of the venue etc......

If the Vegas and Portland shows are a guide, then they will take some time to sell-out. No guarantee but weekday events would be slower sellers, plus it is $250 for the top price ticket-which is very expensive for many people.

You can never guarantee these things but Portland and Las Vegas have been on-sale for a month. They are selling briskly and the availability is starting to dry up for some price levels. But it all depends how long you will leave it.
Misty Marie

Post by Misty Marie » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:42 pm

Natalie wrote:Would anyone be interested in doing a meet-up before the Vancouver concert? I am going by myself and would love to hang out with some Cohenites. :roll:

Cheers,
Natalie
Just passing through the boards today, but here's a link for Vancouver concertgoers: http://leonardcohenforum.com/viewtopic. ... e648b22ef4. Hope it helps.
“When legend Cohen takes to the stage, it’s no less than a cultural event of Biblical dimensions.” – The Independent
Phoenix 2009; San Jose 2009; Las Vegas 2010
joejoejoe

Post by joejoejoe » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:09 am

I was toying with the idea of taking my fiance' (our wedding is Nov 14) to the Oakland show (we live in L.A.) as my wedding gift to her. Well, I was stuck in traffic, so I missed the 10am onsale.

However, when I though about checking for tickets at 12:44pm, 2nd row pit seats came up. Since the pit seats are oddly lettered as rows X and Y, I spent a few minutes confirming that the seats are indeed pit seats.

So, we will be flying up for the show!

My dad was in the ER (luckily it was nothing serious) on the night of one of the L.A. shows last year, so I was a bit preoccupied and couldn't fully enjoy the show.

I am happy that I will be able to experience the show with my new wife!

I was curious about the scalping market for the Oakland Sunday show, so I looked on Stubhub. There are 48 total seats in the pit, and 24 of them are for sale on Stubhub! Seems like a huge percentage of seats were bought by scalpers. Too bad they didn't use the will-call only method this time around.
linda_lakeside

Post by linda_lakeside » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:08 am

Can anyone hazard a guess as to whether these shows will sell out??
When I saw Leonard in 2008 - it was a sell-out - there are the cheap seats, which really don't afford you a good look at the stage. The staff is very diligent about making sure no one is seated 'inappropriately' - but if you are a gambler, I found through my experience last time, that some of the best seats were saved for general public seating - I just read in today's Province, that general public seating goes on sale Saturday at 10 AM - so it's very hard to say. My quandary now, is buy before the pre-sale cut off and take my chances on general public. This has come as such a bleedin' shock! Good luck all

Oh and the venue is about 20K
~ The smell of perfume in the air, bits of beauty everywhere ~ Leonard Cohen.
the 4x5 kid

Post by the 4x5 kid » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:31 am

"the 4x5 kid"]I have a ticket for each night of Vegas. The 10th row C lower mezzanine and the 11th row L orchestra. Due to work constraints I have to go to the Oakland shows instead of Vegas. Anyone interested in a trade of a night each in Oakland for Vegas? I've only seen Leonard once, and for a 26 year old, that's not enough. Best to you all!
Any Takers??
linda_lakeside

Post by linda_lakeside » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:49 am

If there was a notice about a 'will call' on pre-sale tix, I didn't see it. Is it 'will-call' - or can we have them mailed? tks,
ilion

Post by ilion » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:14 am

Well as my first post to this site I'm happy to say I procured a couple seats in the middle of row 3 on the floor for the Vancouver concert just after 10am today. I missed him when he came through my home town of Victoria a year or so ago so I'm very excited about this!
cris

Post by cris » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:39 am

hi!
i am new here and i am totally in love for l.c. :D
i just gt a ticket on presale for rogers arena in vancouver, dec. 2nd 2010, by using the forum password.
i wondered if that's enough or i have to show any kinda special card together with the ticket...
thanks!!!
linda_lakeside

Post by linda_lakeside » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:40 am

I had to read the news in the Province, as the ad says general public tix go on sale Saturday 10 AM - good for you, 3rd row - we're all the way down to 7th row now. It's beginning to look bleak. Might take a chance on gen.publ. this time, as a lot of good floor seats are saved for John Q. Public. I hope.
linda_lakeside

Post by linda_lakeside » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:42 am

No special cards, decoder rings, or secret handshakes required. If you're on pre-sale, just mention at the window and you'll get (if it's the same as his last pass thru Vancouver), in an hour earlier to eyeball the merch, and have a drink before the unwashed masses stampede in the front door. Your tix, and just say 'fan club'. That's it.
Deepsea

Post by Deepsea » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:01 pm

Hi, Could you please inform me where I would find my password. Thank you, Bob
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:39 pm

Here. You will find it here.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Mabeanie1

Re: Ticket sale to Vancouver and Oakland

Post by Mabeanie1 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:13 pm

jarkko wrote:THE PRESALE HAS CLOSED.
GENERAL SALE ON OCTOBER 9 STARTING AT 10 AM PDT.
This is true for Vancouver but for Oakland the public sale starts at 10.00 am PDT on Sunday, October 10 according to Ticketmaster. Before that, there is a "Local/KFOG presale". You can Google for a password if you want to buy tickets today. I found a website with the code pretty easily, and it worked.

Wendy

Return to “The World Tour 2010”