Ticketing info for the last concerts in December

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
jarkko
Site Admin

Re: Honolulu - Portland - Las Vegas: PRESALE INFO WITH LINKS

Post by jarkko » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:56 pm

1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
ladydi

Post by ladydi » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:19 pm

Oh! What happened to the aisle in the Hawaii seat chart? The venue chart had indicated one. But, that's okay, I'm still in the 8th row dead center!! Just better hope I don't need to go to the restroom during the concert :lol:
jeanne

Post by jeanne » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:28 pm

Jarkko.....I have never said thank you, to you, for all of this magic you perform.....I guess you kind of like that Cohen guy . Seriously, this is all new to me and I thank you deeply for your help.......................Jeanne
"there is a crack in everything.that's how the light gets in " Florence 2010 - las vegas 2010....hope for Hydra......Hydra no longer a hope......now a reality..
"when the gods want to punish you, they answer your prayers"
its4inthemorning

Post by its4inthemorning » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:12 pm

Jarkko,

Thank you, thank you very much for coordinating the presales, and for all your work here. Thanks also to Arlene for alerting me to sign up at TicketMaster in advance. As a result, I was able to get 2 great tickets for the 1st Vegas show, FORCH4 seats 413 and 414!

This will be our first LC concert! Many years back after a Jethro Tull concert, my wife said "we're too old for this, look at how young everyone else is," and I tended to agree. But after the elapse of all those years, we are trying again. Based on the descriptions and videos on this board, and on LC's Cds and DVDs, I know I will not be disappointed. I just hope that she likes it as much as i will....as I arranged all this, including 3 nights at Caesars and air travel from Allentown, PA, all without her knowledge! This will be a gift for her 76th birthday in October (she was born within several weeks of Leonard).

Looking forward to meeting some of you in LV.

Curt
2010 DECEMBER 10 - CAESARS COLOSSEUM, LAS VEGAS / 2012 SEPTEMBER 28 - L'OLYMPIA, PARIS
2012 OCTOBER 3 - PALAU SANT JORDI, BARCELONA / 2012 DECEMBER 13 - K-ROCK CENTRE, KINGSTON
2013 APRIL 6 - RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL, NEW YORK CITY / 2013 JULY 9 - PIAZZA NAPOLEONE, LUCCA
2017 NOVEMBER 4-8 - MONTREAL "TOWER OF SONG" CELEBRATION - RIP, YOU GOT ME SINGING!
Grainnemhaoil

Post by Grainnemhaoil » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:26 pm

Jarkko,

Thanks for organising the presale, went smoothly as usual and is much appreciated. Am very excited to be going to the last gig in Vegas.

Flights from Dublin secured as well as ticket for the 11th in FORCH3 GG301. Seven rows back. I still have to get a ticket for Friday 10th but the budget won't stretch to flights and front orchestra seats twice.

Does anyone know if Mezzanine 1st level tickets are okay? I had a look at photos on google and they seem fine, but they are the cheapest seats so is there a catch? I think I would be better off on the Mezzanine that 40 rows back in the rear orchestra. Any advice from someone familiar with the venue? Thanks.
Oh God, The Trees Are Excellent.
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:56 pm

Grainnemhaoil wrote:Does anyone know if Mezzanine 1st level tickets are okay? I had a look at photos on google and they seem fine, but they are the cheapest seats so is there a catch? I think I would be better off on the Mezzanine that 40 rows back in the rear orchestra. Any advice from someone familiar with the venue? Thanks.
I have been in the rear orchestra section, and since it is stadium-style seating in that section (each row goes up a step) the view of the stage is excellent, so you need not worry about that. I've not been on the mezzanine, so I'm afraid I cannot compare.
Misty Marie

Post by Misty Marie » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:16 am

Thank you, Jarkko, for organizing and coordinating the presales for these final four concerts. Hubby and I will be at the Dec. 10th concert in Las Vegas (we have to be back in Phoenix on the 11th), but thanks to you we got good seats, good rooms at Caesars Palace, and great plane fares from Phoenix to Vegas. It is so good of Leonard to come say goodbye to us one more time here in the states - and I, for one, wouldn't miss it for the world. :D
“When legend Cohen takes to the stage, it’s no less than a cultural event of Biblical dimensions.” – The Independent
Phoenix 2009; San Jose 2009; Las Vegas 2010
caroleb

Post by caroleb » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:47 am

So excited I finally managed to book my ticket for Friday FORCH3 FF 306 after 3 hours of battling with the Ticketmaster ticking clock ! Anyone sitting near me? Looking forward to meeting up with everyone again.
Smiles
Carole
:D :D :D :D
friscogrl

Post by friscogrl » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:38 am

Congratulations Carol on getting your ticket, your tenacity paid off! I think you are sitting right behind Mary, MaryB and myself. See you in Vegas!

Marsha
2008 Toronto June 6/ 2009 New York Feb 19 Oakland April 13 14 Coachella April 17 Ottawa May 25 26 Barcelona Sept 21 Las Vegas 11/12 San Jose 11/13
2010 Malmo Aug 4 Gothenburg Aug 12 Las Vegas Dec 10 & 11
2012 Verona 9/24 San Jose 11/7. Montreal 11/28 11/29/ 2013 Oakland 3/2 NYC 4/6
Hamilton 4/9
lizfromcambridgema

Post by lizfromcambridgema » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:42 am

Hello all,

My name is Liz and I have been following this community for a while now under the radar, but I just registered. I finally took the plunge and bought myself a single ticket to see Leonard in Portland, floor seat, row 1 seat 3. I have never really traveled for a show before so I am quite excited for the adventure! Hope to meet all of you at the show. Does any one have any suggestions for reasonably priced lodging in Portland?

Cheers,
Liz
Ronaldson

Post by Ronaldson » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:01 am

Grainnemhaoil wrote: Does anyone know if Mezzanine 1st level tickets are okay? I had a look at photos on google and they seem fine, but they are the cheapest seats so is there a catch? I think I would be better off on the Mezzanine that 40 rows back in the rear orchestra. Any advice from someone familiar with the venue? Thanks.
The views of the stage from different seats are shown here http://cher.aeglive.com/seats/chart.php. You might also want to check out http://www.tickco.com/choose_seats/thea ... palace.htm, which compares the different seat choices. Based on their advice, it sounds like the 1st Mezzanine offers excellent value, while still providing genuinely great seats. Personally, I think it sounds like a wonderful idea to sit in the Mezzanine on the first night. This would give you a complete view of the band (e.g. Neil Larsen and Rafael Gayol are often hard to see in the front rows near the stage), and in a venue such as the Colosseum all seats probably allow for an intimate feel to the concert. Moving up to the Front Orchestra on the last night would also add an element of anticipation and variety in the back-to-back experience.
mirka

Post by mirka » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:07 am

its4inthemorning wrote: ...I arranged all this, including 3 nights at Caesars and air travel from Allentown, PA, all without her knowledge! This will be a gift for her 76th birthday in October (she was born within several weeks of Leonard).
Curt, I'll be honored to have you as a neighbor on this night (I'm in EE, FORCH4), and I can only hope my husband will make such a surprise for my 76th birthday.
All the best to both of you !
/Warsaw March 22 1985 / Halifax May 16 /Charlottetown May 18 / Dublin June 15 / Vienna Sept 24 2008/
Oakland April 13, 14, 15, San Jose Nov 13 2009/
Las Vegas Dec 11 2010/ Oakland March 2 2013/
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:14 am

Looks like we will have the highest number of Forum members ever getting together in one city - in Las Vegas. Hundreds, judging from the presale. Including a very big delegation from Europe!
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
basecamp

Post by basecamp » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:40 am

Many thanks for your great work over here Jarkko! Still can't believe that we really see Leonard in Las Vegas! :D
- Hans
Berlin 90ies /2008: Amsterdam/Berlin/Hamburg/ London RAH /2009: Berlin/Barcelona 2010: Odense/Berlin/Ghent(3x)/Wiesbaden/Strasbourg/Marseilles/Hannover/Las Vegas(2x),2012: Ghent(5x)/Amsterdam(2x)/Berlin/London/Verona/Toulon/Paris(2x)/Barcelona
2013: Paris-Antwerp-Mannheim-Brussels-Rome-Lucca-Berlin-Lodz-Prague-Vienna-Pula-Odense-Zurich-Manchester-Leeds-London-Rotterdam
Aloevera

Post by Aloevera » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:35 pm

Greetings from a sunny Dublin,

To say I am estatic with my seats is an understatement - I don't know how I will remain seated for the concerts. Joe Costello said he will bring superglue to keep me seated! The excitement of seeing Leonard again is overwhelming but knowing I am going to meet so many friends again is the icing on the cake. I feel so blessed.

But, there is a little domestic matter that I need assistance with.

Ciara, my 8 year old daughter told me after Lissadell that I was not going to another LC concert without her.
Yesterday, she asked about all the emails with the name "Vegas". I casually said Leonard was having his last concerts there. "You are not going without me", she said. I haven't told her I'm going (yet).

Now, this is what I deserve after 8 years of indoctrination!!!!

And there is still the matter of a 76th birthday concert on 21st September to attend.

Help, fellow Cohenites. Any imaginative solutions? Will Santa come early to Ireland?

And then the poor child will have to put up with a mother who will be suffering from major Leonard withdrawal symptoms.

In song.

Paula
2008 - RHK Dublin x 2, Lucca, Birmingham
2009 - Dublin x 2, Barcelona, Nashville
2010 - Marseille, Las Vegas X 2

Return to “The World Tour 2010”