Ticketing info for the last concerts in December

July 25 - December 11, 2010. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
grannypoe

Re: Honolulu - Portland - Las Vegas: PRESALE INFO WITH LINKS

Post by grannypoe » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:17 pm

Lizzy,
I agree with your sentiments--perhaps a bottle or two of his favorite wine and some roses would be appropriate and appreaciated??
Pat aka granny
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:22 pm

Thank you for expressing your agreement, Pat.

[For the record, my edited line, by the way, that thing I've always abhorred, is there strictly for my having added my last, one-sentence paragraph. Nothing else was added or deleted or changed in any way.]

As for my own, personal perspective, I feel your idea [and any others like it] is perfect and fitting in its timeless elegance. Virtually every thing Leonard does and says carries those trademarks, and he deserves nothing less in what may sadly turn out to be his final memories of his time on the road.

~ Lizzy
Last edited by lizzytysh on Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:23 pm

Hi Lizzy

Having been away for a week or so with very limited internet access I have lost track of the various threads and do not know what - if any - specific discussion or suggestion has prompted your posting. However, that does not matter. What I want to say is that I agree with your comments 110%, particularly as regards Leonard being the Master of Precision and Perfection. I would add that it will be a very emotional occasion not only for us, the fans, but also for Leonard, the band and the entire crew. Feelings will be mixed: we will of course be celebrating an extraordinary 3 year journey together which we never thought we would ever have the opportunity to enjoy but we will also be feeling extraordinary sadness at the coming to an end of an era. I for one will not feel like throwing anything or partaking in any other high jinks; I just want to be free to drink in every last moment without distraction.

Wendy
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:28 pm

Again, my final paragraph being added generated an [abhorred by me] edited line.

Thank you for your own sentiments on it, Wendy. What has generated my posting is an uneasiness of what could be brewing, as I see various comments regarding "What should we do?" and my feeling has been exponentially growing into a response of "How about nothing?"

The simple and elegant measures such as Pat has just suggested seem right. Distractions of any kind, however, do not.
I just want to be free to drink in every last moment without distraction.
It is with full measure that I guarantee that we are not alone in your sentiment. Thank you so much for expressing it.

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
Misty Marie

Post by Misty Marie » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:23 am

My reasons for that concern [which are again resurfacing] is that Leonard is the Master of Precision and Perfection. His words, his movements, his clothing, his singing, his music, his STAGE with its Oriental rugs and exquisite beauty ~ and every one of those factors for his band, as well. Does he really want his regal, elegant, and beautiful stage effectively 'cluttered' with anything he didn't deem to have placed there on his own? Our actions certainly were a GRAPHIC demonstration of our love for his work, but was it the best and the most appropriate for him? My ultimate [undisclosed] feeling was that it really wasn't. Cotton and maybe even polyester everywhere... 'funny,' yes... one time... Done.
I agree with you 100%, Lizzy. The blouse antics (I participated, too) belonged in San Jose, where we left them. Perhaps this time, in this more intimate theater, it's better if we just leave well enough alone. How can we improve on the experience Leonard just gave us, after all?
“When legend Cohen takes to the stage, it’s no less than a cultural event of Biblical dimensions.” – The Independent
Phoenix 2009; San Jose 2009; Las Vegas 2010
da2008

Post by da2008 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:23 am

Dear All,

Please, let's just leave it alone. I think everybody has been very articulate and respectful in their thoughts. This is a special evening - let's not spoil it for ourselves and others. Doing nothing is truly better than doing something wrong.

Much love,
da
joyezekiel

Post by joyezekiel » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:42 am

da2008 wrote:Dear All,

Please, let's just leave it alone. I think everybody has been very articulate and respectful in their thoughts. This is a special evening - let's not spoil it for ourselves and others. Doing nothing is truly better than doing something wrong.

Much love,
da
I agree. I would hate to look back on this event with regret......

Joy
1976 Leicester 2008 London O2/Cardiff 2009 NYC/Austin/Weybridge/Nashville 2010 Ghent x 2/Las Vegas x 2 2012 Ghent x 2/Austin/Montreal/Quebec City/Boston x 2 2013 Memphis/New Orleans/Winnipeg/Birmingham/London O2/Amsterdam/Auckland
bridger15

Re: Honolulu - Portland - Las Vegas: Ticketing info

Post by bridger15 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:06 am

I notice this thread has been renamed, "...Ticketing info". So, I am posting this tweet today by the Rose Quarter in Portland.

2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
DrHGuy

World Premier: Leonard Cohen Is Coming To Hawaii – The Video

Post by DrHGuy » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:20 pm

In anticipation of the first ever Leonard Cohen performance in Hawaii, I've developed a brief (one minute) introductory video that organically melds images from the contemporary Leonard Cohen World Tour with the ancient, traditional music we all instinctively associate with the Hawaiian Islands.

This 68 seconds (including credits) of Leonard Cohen goodness can be viewed at Leonard Cohen Is Coming To Hawaii – The Video: http://1heckofaguy.com/2010/09/29/leona ... the-video/
scocoh

Re: World Premier: Leonard Cohen Is Coming To Hawaii – The V

Post by scocoh » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:53 am

--
Last edited by scocoh on Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ladydi

Re: Ticketing info for the last concerts in December

Post by ladydi » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:33 am

Oh Scott....my heart is so crushed for you guys! You have no idea how much I was looking forward to meeting you both, and your wife! The beach party would have been awesome....and the concert!....what a dream...and now it seems that that's all it will be....at least for the moment.

I'll stay in touch and perhaps, maybe, make it to one of your LCOTB sessions!

Hugs to all,
Diana
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:52 am

You were the first one I thought of, too, scocoh :cry: . Were both you and your wife going to go to the concert? Are you both serious fans? Have you seen Leonard before? Is there ANY way that at least YOU can make it to Vegas?? Your heart must be bleeding.

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
scocoh

Post by scocoh » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:30 am

--
Last edited by scocoh on Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mutti

Post by mutti » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:14 am

Hi Scott and Sifta
I also thought of you right away when I heard Hawaii was cancelled. I am so sorry...I know how much planning you have done
and how excited you were. It sounded so beautiful.
I do hope you can get to Vancouver (my hometown) again or Portland or Oakland..
Here's a big hug!!!
Mutti/Leslie ;-)
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
akbernardy03

Post by akbernardy03 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:21 am

I purchased tickets for the Hawaii show for myself and two other Leonard Cohen lovers. We haven't actualy made love to him but with his music in the background... We are devistated to hear about the concert cancellation. Two of us live in Alaska and the other is in Wisconsin and we now have to change all of our travel plans. Cancelling our air and hotel reservations does not worry us as much as getting hold of good seats at the new venues. How do we access the early ticket purchase for the new Vancouver or Oakland dates? We will choose our get-together based on the best seats that we can access.

Thanks,
-kb

Return to “The World Tour 2010”